U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

Divorce Support Group

Group Created by johnycakes

Are you thinking about divorce? In the middle of a divorce? Or are you a veteran of the divorce process? Or perhaps a child of divorced or divorcing parents? Then this is the group for you!

Note that because emotions can run high and people can be especially sensitive at this time, FLAMING will not be tolerated here! This is a place to SUPPORT your fellow C-D members, so check any attitude at the door on your way in!!

View All Members Showing 10 of 48 Member(s)
Showing 1 of 1 Picture(s)
media2-my x girlfriend,lol -look at that rack!!!!!!!!!!!
From cappyj
Showing Social Group Messages 1 to 10 of 42
  1. Stephanylm86
    08-12-2014 05:42 PM - permalink
    Stephanylm86
    Rhema of Light Consulting, llc
    Christian based independent consulting/case management firm that strives to assist individuals with meeting personal goals through community resources.
    www.facebook.com/RhemaOfLightConsulting/info

As a Behavioral Health consultant I strive to;
    ~Provide brief, evidence based, solution focused behavioral interventions.
    ~Provide education for self-management skills for to populations with psychological or behavioral health issues.
    ~Provide individual, couple and family intervention.
    ~Collaborate and co-manage the patient's behavioral health care with consistent, expeditious feedback to referring providers.
    ~Document the clinical behavioral health aspect of patient interventions and tracks the patient referrals to specialty behavioral health care.

My name is Stephany Molina-Gerena and I founded Rhema of Light, llc in hopes of making a difference to my community by providing Christian Based personalized assistance to those in need of organization, biased free representation, and time sensitive case management services. I have worked in the field of case management for three years and currently workfor the State of Arizona specializing in mental health treatment and individual psychological care. My experience and knowledge in the field of mental health and psychology has provided me with the tools and recourses needed to provide independent quality services at a more affordable rate and faster turnaround time.

Each service provided by Rhema of Light, llc is catered to client specific needs and is goal oriented for tracking and motivational purposes. All clients will complete a written needs assessment also known as a “treatment plan” that will outline current need for services and goals needing to be obtained by the end of a duration period. Duration periods are conducted in 3, 6, 9, and/or 12 month increments and can be extended if needed to ensure maximum results are achieved. All services are documented and kept secure in a client specific data filing system and are available for review at anytime for client use and billing purposes. All clients will receive their “treatment plan” in a portfolio which will also include; Consultant agreements for service; HIPPA (confidentiality) agreement; Release of Information (ROI) for recourse follow-up, crisis intervention materials, community recourse guide, and billing summary.

All prospective clients will be requested to contact Rhema of Light, llc via e-mail at GerenaConsulting@gmail.com or via Google messaging system at 1(602) 842-2867.Please be sure to include; your name, age, service request, why you are in need for assistance, and contact information so we may schedule your free consultation.
    ***All e-mails and voice messages will be kept confidential and at no time will request pin numbers, social security numbers, or address information. ***
  2. Christine54
    06-09-2013 10:54 PM - permalink
    Christine54
    Filed for Divorce in CA April 4, 2013. No fault state.

Married for 22 years. He cheated. I am disgusted and want out. I am retired have a pension so I will have some money, but want spousal support I am entitled to. We have assets to split, but two kids to finish college.

Have MS, which may be the only cloud on my future horizons.

But I would rather face it alone than with a dirt bag of a husband.
  3. Prettybabyphat
    08-18-2010 09:52 AM - permalink
    Prettybabyphat
    I'm going through a divorce in the state of indiana ..Legal aid has denied my case..i have to file it through the courts on my own.I have to have 160 dollars to do so..I basically have no rights to whats mine..HE has stoled money from me and has flatten my tires and put something in my gas tank..What am I to do?I'm in school so I don't have many resource of cash flow ..I need help .Is there any one that can help me?
  4. Vieja
    06-28-2010 10:26 PM - permalink
    Vieja
    Hi everyone. I am in the 6th month of a separation after having been married for over 30 years. I wanted to recommend two books that have helped me. First book - Live, Laugh and Love Again by Michelle Borquez (and others). This book is about 4 women who have been through divorce and how they dealt with shock, grief, anger, denial and acceptance. The 2nd is The Bait of Satan by John Bevere. I know the title sounds weird, but it is a book about offense and how to let go and forgive and move on. Also, the number one thing that helped me was to focus on my relationship with God and turn to prayer and my Bible whenever I felt depressed or angry or when I started obsessing about how to fix things. I separated from my husband after 25 years and multiple instances of infidelity on his part. We went through marriage counseling and a 3 day marriage retreat. We had a good 6 six years (or so I thought), they were better than the first 25. Then he told me that he didn't want to be married anymore. Still don't know the whole story, but at this point it really doesn't matter. During that 6 years I became closer to God and that is now the only thing that really matters. I put my trust in Him and know that He has a better plan for me. Don't get me wrong. This was painful and I shed many tears and had many sleepless nights. I finally realized I cannot make my husband love me, that I cannot control or change anything, all I can do is move forward and make the best of it. God hears your cries and He knows the depth of your pain. Try to focus on Him. And remember, you deserve to be happy. If you have done the best you can to try to keep the marriage together and your spouse still wants out, then let go and move on. You are stronger than you think and you can and will survive. Learn something from this so you don't repeat the same mistakes. Reach out to your friends and family and don't be afraid to cry and scream and get all that pain out with someone you trust. I thank God for the friends and family I had who allowed me to vent my rage and hurt. Turn to God most of all. He will never forsake you or leave you. I pray for all of you who are hurting.
  5. Elyse33
    06-14-2010 10:45 AM - permalink
    Elyse33
    Hello folks...new here...and so sad! After 23 years of marriage my husband wants a divorce. My daughter (16) doesn't want to live with me and my son is in Washington State. I'm in Dallas. I have to move, I feel like I've lost my family. It's a terrible feeling. Almost Unbearable...So I'm trying to find a house to rent so at least my furniture will keep me company....how the heck did this happen?
  6. AGA
    05-18-2010 08:38 PM - permalink
    AGA
    Been doing the dance for about a year now and FINALLY after a separation, him moving back, nothing changing etc........he says today he wants a divorce. Glad he was finally able to say the words, because I could not. I wanted to try and make it the marriage we both wanted, he gave up. Very sad day today Got traded in for a new model it seems (have known about that for a while), but his words today were "if it was not her, it would have been someone else" Nice guy, huh??? Well, I can say if anyone is struggling with the emotions of an extramarital affair, the book "After the Affair" is GREAT, for both the betrayer and the betrayed...
  7. ndnprincess24
    05-03-2010 09:16 AM - permalink
    ndnprincess24
    just the wrd alone is heartbreakng!!! u really find out what the hell u married
  8. rayne72
    03-22-2010 02:02 PM - permalink
    rayne72
    hey everybody, i have a question: can i file for divorce without my husband having to sign? at this point, i just feel i have to get away from him for good. please someone respond. thanx in advance.
  9. crescentcityspice
    01-06-2010 06:30 PM - permalink
    crescentcityspice
    Hi all,
    I'm new to this site and I am separated from my spouse. We are both considering divorce. I am 1 week into my separation and I think the hardest thing is jjust dealing with the children. I felt as though we should try and maintain harmony so that the kids wouldnt be adversely affected but he decided not to. I think his actions during this separation will help solidify my decisions. I know you cant control people...I just think that we should make sure the person we marry is a good friend because when the love-making stops....(and that's the first thing to go during a season of fighting) what will you have left to keep you together?
  10. captainwheelchair
    12-27-2009 03:11 PM - permalink
    captainwheelchair
    What makes your wife not to be with you