Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

Apartments

Group Created by mquintana

Anyone in property management or have questions about their apartments/leases, join here!

View All Members Showing 10 of 33 Member(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 1 to 10 of 11
  1. E Palo Alto
    03-15-2015 07:11 PM - permalink
    E Palo Alto
    Hi my name is liliana and i realy what to ask if someone know about aparments or house for rent I been living on hotel fo more tnen 2 months
  2. Upstate Leasing
    03-01-2015 06:38 AM - permalink
    Upstate Leasing
    Today 06:35 AM - permalink
    Upstate Leasing

Hi, my name is John Disque Broker/Owner of Upstate Leasing in Syracuse New York and surrounding areas and having been successfully serving this area since 2004. We manage properties, lease and investment sales. Syracuse has a lot of value buying investment properties. Slow appreciation depending where you buy but CASHFLOW is high. Look forward to hearing from you and network!!! John

www.UpstateLeasing.com
  3. mquintana
    06-30-2009 03:55 PM - permalink
    mquintana
    Apartments all you have to do is apply...they hire in and out of the company...
  4. chellej
    05-07-2009 10:31 PM - permalink
    chellej
    hi everyone...I just recently recieved my degree and am interested in property management/ hotels...are there any suggestions on how to/ where to start. I do work in a hotel currently. thanx
  5. mquintana
    04-15-2009 02:05 PM - permalink
    mquintana
    I can't help, but a good place to search is apartment guide and rent.com
  6. mother/of/6
    03-02-2009 10:09 PM - permalink
    mother/of/6
    Hi I'm a mother of 6 trying to get a larger apartment in nycha .Any info you can give me will sure help a lot .Thanks a lot.
  7. mquintana
    02-19-2009 08:14 AM - permalink
    mquintana
    I am sorry to hear this. Is there anyway you can get something form the previous landlord saying he allowed the cats with no deposit? Also, look up Ca. consumer complaints website. You are usually able to report your landlord there. I would be sure to keep everything she gives you, notices and voicemails and so forth. Keep documentation and write everything down. Instead of talking to her, put it all in writing and certify mail it (make a copy for you).
  8. crazycatkid
    02-17-2009 10:41 PM - permalink
    crazycatkid
    Hi, I'm in Sacramento Ca. I'm having issues with my new landlord
    (the previous landlord retired for health reasons). My husband and I really feel like she is trying to get us to move. She's accused us of not paying rest, being to loud, dumping garbage, etc. Now she's posted a 3 day of quit notice on our door stating we are breaking our lease by having cats in our apartment. When we moved in we offered to pay pet diposits on our cats but were told because they were indoor only we did not have to. I can't find any information online about landlord harrassment and we need help. We've been bending over backwards for this women and she's abusing her title. Please, help.
  9. mquintana
    09-25-2008 07:27 AM - permalink
    mquintana
    If you are in an acutal lease, you may not be able to break it without penalties. If you are on a month to month, it'll be easy to be released, or if your landlord is really nice, he may just let you go.
    There is a downfall to your having an eviction though, you won't be able to lease from a management company. You will have to go through a private owner, especially here in the Tampa Bay. They are pretty strict about that. The downfall about Sec. 8 is the list is so long, that the waits are ridiculous, and just as you stated-you have been waiting for 2 yrs. Now, you may want to check out a tax credit property (they accept sec. 8-they are also called income restricted housing) and see what their criteria is to qualify, they may not be as strict. You may also want to ask that when your Sec. 8 goes through, will it be ok to start paying with that as well. I would check out those places and scope out their criteria. You never know, maybe there is a place that may take you with an eviction due to the economy change. My company never used to accept forclosures and now we do-so you never know unless you try!
  10. Artsywoman
    09-24-2008 09:42 AM - permalink
    Artsywoman
    Hi, I am new to Tampa, FL have realized that I want to move to St. Petersburg, because it is much nicer than Tampa. I am on disability, therefore my income is limited. Right now I am renting a small studio apartment from a private owner for $525 per month all utilities. I had excellent rental history for 13 years until I lost my job and was evicted from an apartment. I still have this on my credit and I know it will be hard for me to rent in a complex. I did notice that apartments are around the same price range and a lot nicer than the one I am in now, but I think I do not qualify. I have been on a section 8 listing for two years and hope I will get this soon. In the meantime, I am thankful to have my place now, but would love to move to St. Pete. I always pay my rent on time and I have been here for about one year. The apartment I am in now is very old and only has one air conditioner. It is also not renovated and has no stove. I appreciate having a place, but I do see nicer places in St. Pete. What do you suggest?