U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

Charleston SC "Hey you new in town?"

Group Created by Di Johnson

Where to go, what to do, rants and raves, best beaches, services, restaurants, where to live, real estate, pet friendly, schools let it all hang out.

View All Members Showing 10 of 16 Member(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 1 to 6 of 6
  1. bnsp09
    09-18-2013 09:23 AM - permalink
    bnsp09
    Hey I am visiting Charleston with my husband and kids. My Dad will be coming down to do a wedding photo shoot with my hubby and I. I was wondering if anyone knows some gorgeous but free places to take pictures! We are def. going to do some at the beach but.... is there any where else? We wanted to do them at Magnolia Plantation but.... they want $200 and they will only let it be the photographer and I, not the whole family (there will be 11 of us) Thanks so much for any tips!
  2. jrosz22
    08-29-2013 02:47 PM - permalink
    jrosz22
    Hey everybody, my name is Justin. I am looking to relocate to the Charleston area from Virginia Beach in the next few years. I was wondering, generally speaking, how the area regards health and fitness? I would like to open a very unique gym, and utilize my expertise in fitness and nutrition in order to help people achieve their goals. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
  3. Wayneman117
    12-23-2012 09:42 AM - permalink
    Wayneman117
    I am a middle age Christain male who has a great wife and 2 great kids. We are presently living in the upstate of SC and plan on moving to the North Charleston Sc area in the next 1 to 2 years. Even though I was born in Charleston,I haven't lived there in over 30 years. So we're going soon be looking for housing,jobs, good friends and a good Church. If you have any advice for me, give me a shout out.
  4. Tstorm8211
    09-09-2010 08:22 AM - permalink
    Tstorm8211
    I'm a recently separated, professional African American male. I'm considering a job offer in Charleston, WV. I must confess, I've only driven thru Charleston on my way to Charlotte, NC. Thus, my only knowledge of Charleston comes from grabbing lunch and getting gas.

1) What is the AA population in Charleston? 2) Since I'm newly single, are there places to go and meet other singles? 3) What is there to do in Charleston? 4) If I accept the job, I probably won't purchase a house my first year, so what's the average cost for a decent (not fancy) 1 or 2 bedroom apartment?

All prospectives would be appreciate. However, if there are any AA who have recently moved to Charleston (i.e., w/in the last 5 years), I'd appreciate your prospective. Thank you.
  5. jthon12
    05-28-2010 02:06 PM - permalink
    jthon12
    Hi group, my name is Joe, Im interested in moving to Charleston next summer and I wanted to hear from some people who live in the area and their experiences.

I'm 25 and my girlfriend and I would be moving down together. What is there to do for a younger couple? Bars? Parks? Sports?

Are there any pockets within the city where the younger crowd gathers??

Thanks! and nice to meet everyone
  6. selicker
    01-05-2009 07:11 AM - permalink
    selicker
    New to Charleston, email if you're ever up for a glass of wine : )