Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

Winter/Cold Weather Lovers!!!!

Group Created by Future Trooper

This group will be for people who are Winter/Cold Weather Lovers or for people who live in Cold Climates. Who can come and chat about what it is like to live in cold climates or what it is like to love Cold/Winter weather

View All Members Showing 10 of 116 Member(s)
Showing 5 of 10 Picture(s)
From dapanza107
mississippi snow
From Nivalis
mississippi snow
From Nivalis
mississippi snow
From Nivalis
COOPERSTOWN 154
From dxiweodwo
Showing Social Group Messages 31 to 40 of 281
  1. efrenb5
    02-21-2012 12:03 PM - permalink
    efrenb5
    How did I got so interested in snow? Well, I have experienced snow twice in my 32 years of life. The first time I was 14 and visiting my older brother in Indiana when he graduated from his master's. It was a week long stay if I remember correctly. What I do remember clear as it was yesterday was how amazed I was when I stepped out of the airport. I was a little disappointed that there was no snow on the floor; however, my younger brother and me were thrilled from the vapor we expelled out of our mouths. It was amazing to be out with such a heavy coat outside. You have to understand, this is unheard of in Puerto Rico. I remember thinking about how strange every tree looked so desolated and at the same so beautiful without any leaves. That first night, snow started to fall. HA!! My younger bro' and I were crazy about it. I was literally waking up every 30 minutes to look outside and see how much snow was accumulating and even more was still falling. Next morning, my younger bro' and I just had to go out and jump right into the snow. I think it was like 6" of it. We even played some catch with our older bro' using a football. That is one day I will never forget.

Sorry for the long post! I may post some more info about my first experience with snow and later on about my second experience. My older brother says that I may get sick of snow during my first Winter, but I have to try or I will forever regret it.

How many of you guys have lived all your life in cold weather and are in no way interested in moving to a hotter place?
  2. efrenb5
    02-21-2012 11:35 AM - permalink
    efrenb5
    Beautiful pictures guys! I just noticed this group and could not help joining it. I'm currently living in forever hot Puerto Rico and cannot wait to get out of here. Hopefully, once I get my degree, it will be OFF TO CHICAGO!!!
  3. CormacCamus
    02-02-2012 09:39 AM - permalink
    CormacCamus
    I finally found my people. I'm miserable. It's now February, and the coldest its gotten was like 30 degrees at 1am. Its 71 today...someone buy me a plane ticket to Norway...or Siberia...
  4. dapanza107
    01-17-2012 12:30 AM - permalink
    dapanza107
    Ahhh. Other people that LOOOVE cold weather. I feel right at home already!
  5. kristisha
    03-04-2011 05:56 AM - permalink
    kristisha
    what great pictures we have here
  6. Nivalis
    07-12-2010 02:28 AM - permalink
    Nivalis
    Trying to make this my last year here in subtropical Mississippi. There was a halfway decent snowfall this past winter (4-6 inches), but it was the biggest this area has seen in 10 years. I have to get out of here!
  7. GJ Johnson
    03-26-2010 04:45 PM - permalink
    GJ Johnson
    It was so cold that I had to go out in it.
  8. Rob (Mwc)
    02-24-2010 10:18 AM - permalink
    Rob (Mwc)
    Finally people like me that love the cold !!!! Unfortunately I live in Oklahoma since 92. We just recently had near record snowfall for the winter of 20.4 inches....Yes I said inches now stop laughing at me........ I did make 11 snow sculptures in the extremely brief period the snow was on the ground. 2 snowman 1 over 8 feet, superbowl helmuts 2 penguins and a cute giant polar bear, and local news and tv logos. People here couldnt believe my yard !! But with the short low temp range here all I have are photos and its only Feb. I will try and post them for you all to enjoy.
  9. kmcb
    02-16-2010 06:45 PM - permalink
    kmcb
    At 5000' on the 45th parallel. Need I say more?
  10. blueshire
    02-06-2010 07:43 AM - permalink
    blueshire
    YIPPEE Fellow Snow Lovers!!! We got GOBS o' snow here in NWPA last night and this AM. About 14 inches so far at my house. So beautiful! My big problem of the day is finding all of my dairy goats' and horses' watering tubs and buckets, as they are completely buried!!! Everything is soooo pristine and awesome with this great snow cover! Just love it!