Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

Married to or dating an ex felon who have trouble finding a job!

Group Created by Toni.G

This group is for anyone who is married to or dating someone who has a bad criminal record and it is affecting there lives today even though they are changed people. Come join and talk about your experiences and give advice! All are welcome, please no judging.

View All Members Showing 5 of 5 Member(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. saytori3
    02-09-2010 10:07 AM - permalink
    saytori3
    My husband is an ex-felon.He works as a Welder-Machanic. He also is an amputee, this makes it hard not just for him to find work but to also feel good about the things he can accomplish. He feels like he has to try harder that most, because of his disability, most the time I can understand. When he walks into an interview the first thing they see is his disability then he has to admitt being an ex-felon. He is lucky enough to have a position with a good company now but it wasn't easy when he was looking for a job!
  2. Toni.G
    11-09-2009 09:03 AM - permalink
    Toni.G
    My fiance has a bad criminal record and it really affects his life today. He looks for a job everyday. He is a changed person and wants to do right but the world as we know is making it so hard for him. We argue sometimes and I sometimes forget how hard it is when you have a record to get a job. But I love him and I refuse to give up on him. I will fight this fight with him until the end. I must say it is hard as hell!! Why don't this world or shall I say america believe in second chances????
  3. Toni.G
    10-29-2009 09:19 AM - permalink
    Toni.G
    Hello, I have created this group for anyone who would like to discuss the hardship that people who have felons and is having trouble today living like anyone else. My fiance has a felon on his record and it makes it harder for him to live life the way he wants and work hard like anyone else. Please join, give advice. Thank you