U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

ADHD/ADD/Reading Disability information sharing

Group Created by dspenc8888

Due to the lack of support in the school systems and the misinformation given by teachers to parents, I wanted to see if there are others out there that need information on the TRUE disabilities associated with ADHD/ADD and have a place to share good experiences and what works with others.

View All Members Showing 10 of 48 Member(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 11 to 20 of 20
  1. nena1bomb
    08-30-2013 11:17 AM - permalink
    nena1bomb
    Hi, I have ADD and my 9 year old has ADHD. She also has a language and reading disability. I know its frustrating and hard, but the best advice is to get connected with others, and do a lot of research so that you are informed and prepared to help your child with the best resources and tools out there.
  2. ncmarinewife
    05-10-2011 08:47 PM - permalink
    ncmarinewife
    Hi, not only do I have 2 sons both living with ADHD (ages 9 and 5), but I am also a SpEd Teacher. So, I guess you could say, "I eat, sleep and breathe this way of life!" There are great days and not so hot days! Having a teacher who works with you and your child makes all the difference in the world. But, I will say on the flip side, knowing that having a parent is part of that same team, too, makes a child's learning experience even more successful! I look forward to sharing with our group!
  3. witty, wise and wicked
    02-24-2011 05:55 PM - permalink
    witty, wise and wicked
    Hi all, I have TWO sons that have been diagnosed...my 14 yr old has ADHD & my 10 yr old has ADD. It's a tough road to travel down, and I just got in a huge mess with the 10 yr olds school, because they didn't even have it in his file that he has ADD....it's still a mess & I'm trying to get it cleared up!
  4. desa186
    02-08-2011 12:16 AM - permalink
    desa186
    Hi I have a 6 year old who hasent been diagnosed yet but I know he has adhd.I'm at my wits end with the school district where I live.they keep moving him one school to another because the teachers can't handle or don't want to handle him.we keep having meetings with the school board on where to place him but no one can come up with any placements.when one teacher gets tired of him they say hee needs a change in special education program. I don't know what else to do to get ma child the proper help he needs.I'm even willing to relocate in ny state to any place that may have a school for adahd children or a school that knows how to handle adhd children.
  5. elugo
    10-30-2010 09:06 PM - permalink
    elugo
    Hi, i have a 5 yr old girl, just diagnosed with adhd. Its frustrating & i feel bad because she misplaces almost everything. She had a halloween party & she lost the bottom of her costume & we just noticed tonite. Now shes crying & im upset. I dont know what to do or even expect. I just want to know does it get better with time?
  6. elugo
    10-30-2010 09:05 PM - permalink
    elugo
    Hi, i have a 5 yr old girl, just diagnosed with adhd. Its frustrating & i feel bad because she misplaces alm9st everything. She had a halloween party & she lost the bottom of her costume & we just noticed tonite. Now shes crying & im upset. I dont know what to do or even expect. I just want to know does it get better with time?
  7. Mrs morrow
    10-21-2010 10:44 AM - permalink
    Mrs morrow
    Hi my name is tamira my 4 year old was diagnosed with adhd it is really hard n frustrating Im trying everything but it seems hopeless its even causing problems between me and my fiance I cant seem to find any help i feel like my backs against the wall
  8. dspenc8888
  9. dspenc8888