Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

RELOCATING - HELP IN ALL AREAS

Group Created by HParr

This is a group where we will discuss all aspects of relocating including (but not limited to) discussions about emotions, realtors, information about different towns, education research, family challenges, finding health care professionals, the positive side of moving, new adventures, how to cope, etc.

View All Members Showing 10 of 3,102 Member(s)
Showing 5 of 165 Picture(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 1301 to 1310 of 1597
  1. Hair Doc
    05-12-2009 12:09 PM - permalink
    Hair Doc
    My family and I are relocating to Newnan, GA and interested in the Summer Grove area. Can anyone provide any information about the area. I would love for you to share the positive and negative. How are the schools and is the area diverse. We are moving from CA and very used to diversity. I have elementary school age children and I am very concerned about them. I look forward to any advice you could offer.
  2. joy4single
    05-08-2009 06:43 PM - permalink
    joy4single
    Hi I'm a newly single mom of 3 teens and looking to move. We have a few things to finish up here in DE yet. Our plan is to move to Florida. I'm scared, I have never lived any where else, let alone by my self. Would like to hear from other single moms/dads who have done this successfully. Any suggestions on making the move easier is welcomed. My biggest concern is work being I have been mostly a stay home mom, only worked when needed. I will have enough funds to hold me over for about a year. So I'm not sure if I should buy or rent. Is property taxes really high in FL We pay about $300yr here in DE. Hope to hear from other single parents this old country gal needs confidence that it can be done.
  3. birdcsc168
    05-08-2009 08:55 AM - permalink
    birdcsc168
    Hi - I am new. I am looking to relocate to either Fargo or Bismarck. I have been offered a job too good to turn down. I live in Minneapolis, Minnesota. I am most likely going to move by driving myself (my car) however - I have 2 adult cats that must go with me. I don't see how they will be able to stand that many hours in the car - inside my pet porter! How can I move - and take my 2 cats with me? Can I ship them like on a airplane or FEDEX them? Just kidding about the FEDEX - but maybe can I "fly" them to the nearest airport - then pick them up? Anybody got suggestions about how I can move and take my cats with me to North Dakota? I would appreciate any advice? Thanks Bruce...
  4. chellej
    05-07-2009 10:24 PM - permalink
    chellej
    hi all, Im new to this but hey I figure I can jump right in...Im interested in moving to Philly or very close by. I graduated about 6 months ago... any suggestions about the city or anything?
  5. trebor1961
    05-07-2009 09:18 AM - permalink
    trebor1961
    I'm considering moving back to Wyoming. I'm a single dad with two school age children. My first choice is Casper due to size and geography. I'm a truck driver looking for work, and rental housing/apartment. Moving from Illinois. Thanks!
  6. NeverDunRoamin
    05-06-2009 09:03 PM - permalink
    NeverDunRoamin
    I need to find a rental with space for horses, but close enough to allow my spouse to get to that all important job at the University of Washington... Any tips?
  7. Nathaniel Brooks
    05-03-2009 09:06 AM - permalink
    Nathaniel Brooks
    I want to know more about moving to ATL and how i can become a teacher. I stay in miami fl now. I do have a masters degree if that will help. Who should i call or what should i know.
  8. jguillot
    05-01-2009 02:08 PM - permalink
    jguillot
    Angelaloller,

Try posting your questions in the main California forum. You're more likely to get a response there. Please thank your husband for me for his service to our country.
  9. jguillot
    05-01-2009 02:05 PM - permalink
    jguillot
    daiseywolfe,

You might try posting your questions on the Phoenix, AZ forum. You're not likely to get answers here unless a member of this social group lives in Phoenix. Good luck.
  10. jguillot
    05-01-2009 02:03 PM - permalink
    jguillot
    scubadiver4,

What is UNCW?