U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

RELOCATING - HELP IN ALL AREAS

Group Created by HParr

This is a group where we will discuss all aspects of relocating including (but not limited to) discussions about emotions, realtors, information about different towns, education research, family challenges, finding health care professionals, the positive side of moving, new adventures, how to cope, etc.

View All Members Showing 10 of 2,699 Member(s)
Showing 5 of 165 Picture(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 71 to 80 of 1391
  1. snapple2drink
    01-01-2017 07:45 AM - permalink
    snapple2drink
    Any suggestions to what can you do about a nuisance neighbor.
  2. suzyQ555
    12-21-2016 05:55 PM - permalink
    suzyQ555
    I will be starting a new job at Sarasota Memorial at the end of January and will need to move from Tampa. I am overwhelmed trying to find a decent 1BR apartment or Condo that isn't outrageously expensive. It seems like any of the nice and reasonably newer places or well into the 1100 to 1300 range. I found that out by calling and emailing at least 4 different places that were recommended. Maybe I'm not looking in the right places or contacting the right people. I just want to have a plan before I just start driving around down there looking for places. If anyone can offer any recommendations/advice I'd be so grateful! Thanks.
  3. Shiva9918
    12-08-2016 12:46 AM - permalink
    Shiva9918
    hi...
    anyone in NY, NJ and CT is going to relocate then plzzz give our company" we move u" a chance. we deals with all services regarding movers and packers in whole NY, NJ & CT....
    thankx
  4. SuzannaK
    12-04-2016 06:13 PM - permalink
    SuzannaK
    If you need any help/advice moving to or from Belmont, Cambridge, Waltham or Arlington in MA I would be delighted to help you with all your real estate needs. Please message me.
  5. deliciachen
    12-02-2016 01:13 AM - permalink
    deliciachen
    hi everyone, I'm a Chinese girl just graduated in China now. I hope to work in USA or Hongkong, is there any way who would like to suggest? really appreciate.
    Moderator cut: email address deleted for poster's safety.
  6. JasmineCarrasco17
    11-07-2016 12:50 AM - permalink
    JasmineCarrasco17
    I'm 17 Years Old In San Antonio TX & I Need To Get My I'd Card ASAP ,
    Cause I'm 33 Weeks Pregnant,
    But I Don't Have Proof Of Residency, I Do Live With My Mom But I'm Not On Her Lease & This Will Be My First I'd Ever .... What Do I Do ???��
  7. Rebecca Boyar
    11-05-2016 04:04 PM - permalink
    Rebecca Boyar
    I'm a current Sacramento section 8 participant. I lived in my rental unit for 12 months. My lease was up because the property management company I rent from refuses to fix termite rotted damage and other repairs. I report my 90 day notice to housing and they advise me a moving packet will be drawn up. Section 8 used up my 90 days to move to process my moving voucher. Now I will finally receive my moving voucher November 9th, I'm suppose to vacate my rental, November 30th. Section 8 said I have only two weeks to find a place, sorry their process took up my 90 days to vacate. It's impossible to find a rental unit in two weeks, it takes that long for section 8 to do an inspection. Section 8 used up my 90 days to vacate properly by not processing my move in a timely fashion I'm allowed. If I don't vacate on November 30th it becomes and eviction and I have no house to move into. Me and my kids would become homeless looking for a rental. We have no where to take out house hold items. How is this right? Section 8 admits sorry we are short handed, workers on vacation, and workers hanging up on you as you ask questions. Not to mention my property management company not following the guide lines of section 8 by fixing termite damage while we lived here. It's a rotted wall that needs to be fixed but never was. I'm caught between two companies poor work ethics and not following rules of the program they are signed with. I've reported to section 8 and HUD housing, I have compliants in both places. My fair housing rights are being violated, I was told to get a lawyer. Any questions please I need help. Moderator cut: email address deleted for poster's safety. If you wish to contact the poster, send a direct message through City-Data. any information is appreciated.
  8. lantana311
    11-01-2016 01:58 PM - permalink
    lantana311
    Hello everyone,
    I am divorced with (2) children 12 and 27. Currently living in New Jersey, I'm seriously thinking about moving to Georgia the Buford/Gwinnett. Wanted to know if anyone knows of any realtors that work with out of state moves. I have tried to contact a few but they don't seem that interested in assisting me. Also does anyone have any idea about jobs/churches/Synagogues in this area. Thank you
  9. HineFamily
    10-27-2016 08:12 AM - permalink
    HineFamily
    Hello everyone. My husband and I have been trying to decide where exactly we want to relocate to. We know we want to start over somewhere and give our children a better life than what we believe they can have in our current town. We haven't really been able to decide on a new location though. We know we want to be somewhere with all four seasons, and I'd prefer having white winters and mild summers. We also don't want to be in a city. We'd like to stay in a smaller town but near the city. Good schools and affordable housing are also greatly important, as well as finding a town that has nice parks, and annual fairs and festivals. Family activities in general are desired. If anyone has any suggestions on an area that would meet all or most of our criteria, it would be wonderful to hear! Thank you.
  10. MissMacy
    08-18-2016 10:23 AM - permalink
    MissMacy
    Hello to everyone. I am relocating to the Fort Worth area. Can anyone please tell me what areas are safe to live in. Maybe some safe zip code areas. I have no idea what areas to look in. Than you so much and have a great day.