U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

RELOCATING - HELP IN ALL AREAS

Group Created by HParr

This is a group where we will discuss all aspects of relocating including (but not limited to) discussions about emotions, realtors, information about different towns, education research, family challenges, finding health care professionals, the positive side of moving, new adventures, how to cope, etc.

View All Members Showing 10 of 2,680 Member(s)
Showing 5 of 165 Picture(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 71 to 80 of 1381
  1. molinares619
    08-13-2016 12:32 AM - permalink
    molinares619
    Hi if you want to stop renting and start owning. I have have a 1 bedroom 1 bath mobile home located in sunny Ft Meyers that I offer a rent to own program with as little as $2000.00 down. Bad credt no problem. great starter home for a couple. for more information text me so I can send you pics.

Thanks.
    Angie
  2. _c_83
    08-10-2016 07:14 AM - permalink
    _c_83
    Hello,
    Brand new to this, stumbled upon this thread by happy accident.
    Currently I am saving $1000 a month from now till about May/June 2017 so approximately $10K to move to Orlando, Fl. Many people are trying to turn me off from moving and I am looking to get an outside opinion, figured why not ask a bunch of strangers on the internet. Lol.
    I'm not delusional I'm thinking moving to FL from NYC will be some kind of fix all for me but I can honestly say that after traveling and living all over the easy coax I have decided that Orlando is the best fit for me. Here's why: I have family, a job waiting for me(guaranteed offer so no worries), and my kids love it out there. I really do love MY but the cold is too much, we honestly can withstand any heat.
    Anyway, so my questions for the forum are these:
    1. Looking for honest opinions from those who currently or just recently lived in the Orlando area, we've thought of Winter Park, Poinciana, and Buena Ventura Lakes. Any tips to what streets and areas I should stay away from? We can afford up to $1500 a month and prefer a gated community so my kids can play instead of being cooped up indoors cause NYC streets are no jokes.
    2. I'm working on my credit so I can raise my score. Currently at 525. I was young and stupid and moving up and down the east coast till 10 years ago. So now that I settled down for this long I was able to fix my credit, So my question is:
    How hard to realtor really check when renting an apartment in a community? My intention is to pay the deposits and a few months rent ahead as well. If I go down in May and find a place by June I want to pay them up till September, I've always paid my rent this way. Will a broker be more lenient towards me if I mAke this offer or are there places that will just accept me without credit checks so long as I show I can pay them? No one has any criminal history so background checks aren't the problem I'm worried about the credit check. I also have my mom who can be a guarantor but her credit is shot she currently get a retirement check so that's a guaranteed 2K extra household income guaranteed.

Thanks to anyone who answers. Please only legit replies, I'm not here for your negativity, just looking for advice and opinions on Orlando Fl neighborhoods.
    Thanks
  3. atlclw31
    08-08-2016 10:02 AM - permalink
    atlclw31
    Hi,
    I am considering moving back to the coastal Carolina area. I lived there while my Dad was in the Marine Corp. We moved to Jacksonville in 1963 and left in 1973. I am in the process of retiring. I will need a furnished place within walking distance to the beach, a pet friendly place and beach. I would also like to work part-time. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  4. DIVA Brenda
  5. 07-18-2016 09:07 AM - permalink
    lexusmm
    Hi
    I'm wondering if anyone can give me some pro's &con's for ABC NM. I'm from MN and don't have a clue what to expect. Thanks!
  6. Abba Machine
    07-09-2016 12:13 AM - permalink
    Abba Machine
    Hi all. I am looking for a pet friendly, public transit available place in or around Philadelphia. If I can stay under $1000 excluding utilities in an a safe area with a nice view that would be super. House, high rise, I don't care. Let me know if you can think of anything. Thanks
  7. Hollygo1111
    06-13-2016 12:27 PM - permalink
    Hollygo1111
    Hello- I am moving to Jackson Hole Wyoming. Seems housing is in short supply. Is there anyone that can help me find a place to live?
  8. Hallmld77
    06-11-2016 03:40 PM - permalink
    Hallmld77
    I want to move to Seattle or a surrounding city. Any suggestions?
  9. Hallmld77
    06-11-2016 03:38 PM - permalink
    Hallmld77
    I want to move to Seattle or surrounding cities. Any suggestions, do's/don'ts?
  10. anitaflood
    06-05-2016 06:32 AM - permalink
    anitaflood
    I need help, I want to move to Charleston, SC. Any advice would be helpful.