U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

RELOCATING - HELP IN ALL AREAS

Group Created by HParr

This is a group where we will discuss all aspects of relocating including (but not limited to) discussions about emotions, realtors, information about different towns, education research, family challenges, finding health care professionals, the positive side of moving, new adventures, how to cope, etc.

View All Members Showing 10 of 2,421 Member(s)
Showing 5 of 156 Picture(s)
One of many ponds that showcase our water fowl
From VickiLH
Our neighbors are wildlife - deer, ducks, geese, bird sanctuary, etc.
From VickiLH
Top notch Restaurant
From VickiLH
Post Office
From VickiLH
Gardens for Owner's
From VickiLH
Showing Social Group Messages 71 to 80 of 1276
  1. jessicamondin
    06-11-2015 08:10 AM - permalink
    jessicamondin
    Hi everyone! I'm moving from Hong Kong to San Francisco. Any suggestions of trendy places to live? Thanks in advance!
  2. DebbieF
  3. 06-01-2015 11:13 AM - permalink
    loveconquredme
    Hi I am a single mom looking to relocate to Philadelphia in the next year. Can I get some advice on great areas to live with my family please.
  4. Rochester folks
    05-31-2015 02:22 PM - permalink
    Rochester folks
    hi we want to move to Germantown,TN. from NY state.any thing we should start with first?we are going to look around for a house in a month, but other then that we are very new to TN.
  5. Nanjeetbajaj
    05-31-2015 11:50 AM - permalink
    Nanjeetbajaj
    We are moving to Alabama,Maddisson,from Thailand.i have one 8yrs and one 4 yrs kid.would like recommendations for school for 8yrs and some pre k programmed for my 4yrs old.thanks in advance.
  6. 1cocomut
    05-15-2015 10:19 PM - permalink
    1cocomut
    I'm looking for info on relocating to Maine in the future. Looking for a friendly, artsy community for myself and my husband to retire to. I'm a social worker/psychotherapist and he's a business reporter. I want to have a private practice there. We are not religious, but are civic-minded, liberal and don't have lots of money. We'd like a town where we can make friends easily, have easy access to health care and help as we age (I'm 58) and lots of arts activities. I've been hoping Bangor would fit the bill. Any thoughts about this, or other suggestions?
  7. jessssjos1018
    05-14-2015 07:47 PM - permalink
    jessssjos1018
    I need some reassurance from you guys. There is a high chance my boyfriend and I will be moving to NYC come fall this year. We hear so much that Manhattan is very expensive to live in. We both will have a household income of $80k per year. I'm open to living in any borough/neighborhood but he insists on living in Manhattan and wont have it any other way. He has seen posts on apartment sites for studio-1br apartments (without room mates) being $1400-$1700 around 600sq ft. We would be taking public transportation. No cars, no kids. Is it realistic for him to think he can land those apartments prices in lower Manhattan easily as he is assuming? What makes it so expensive why I've read thats not doable? Is it because people tend to stay out of their living space more because of the sq footage which leads to lots of spending? Is it because mostly people can't budget well and it seems expensive to those who need more than they can afford? It would be so helpful to know the details? Even during his interview a few days ago, his future employer made a comment saying "make sure you do your research because it's not as easy as you think". He still seems like it's going to be all gravy and I'm pulling back from the idea. At least trying to have him consider a different area to live.
  8. Sillymaria
    05-14-2015 03:15 PM - permalink
    Sillymaria
    Hi, I'm looking to relocate to North Carolina. Just not sure where in North Carolina. I'm a single mom of a two year old and was wondering about daycare expenses, job bs, apartments, vehicles, etc. I currently live in NYC, but it's just getting too expensive here and I want my child to have a better life in terms of education, finances, living, comfort, etc. Does anyone have any info that could help?
  9. lillyspence26
    05-13-2015 12:23 PM - permalink
    lillyspence26
    If you need a free phone when you are relocating let me know!!
  10. rdyson
    05-13-2015 11:03 AM - permalink
    rdyson
    Good afternoon everyone! I am a REALTOR from Citrus county, FL. I recently made the move from CT. If anyone has any questions about the move or the area I relocated to, Please feel free to contact me anytime. I will be happy to help. Have a great day!