U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

RELOCATING - HELP IN ALL AREAS

Group Created by HParr

This is a group where we will discuss all aspects of relocating including (but not limited to) discussions about emotions, realtors, information about different towns, education research, family challenges, finding health care professionals, the positive side of moving, new adventures, how to cope, etc.

View All Members Showing 10 of 2,791 Member(s)
Showing 5 of 167 Picture(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 1 to 10 of 1424
  1. eluku
    03-15-2019 03:00 PM - permalink
    eluku
    Hi All.

We are considering moving to suburb of Houston from Southern California. I am married with two small kids (4 &7) so good school district, safe and friendly neighborhood is a priority.
    I am self-employed and work from home and mostly with the company in the east coast and few from west coast. So, central time will be better for me. My job do not requires me to travel a lot perhaps less than 3 times a year going to the airport.
    Need recommendation where to move in suburb of Houston for the housing price <400K or <300K larger than 2000 SF with 4 bedrooms. Proximity with diverse type of cuisine will be a plus, although it does not have to be. We have been hearing about Cinco Ranch, Cypress, and the Woodlands, wondering whether there are better areas for our situation that I do not have to commute for work. When we settle already, we consider purchasing smaller home for our home office as what we doing now.
    Appreciate the input.
  2. Wanting2Move2
    03-13-2019 02:52 PM - permalink
    Wanting2Move2
    Hey all! My husband and I have been talking about moving to North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia Area. We enjoy Kayaking, and trail riding on our four wheelers and would be moving from Michigan (80 acres). We realize this would be a big adjustment however we are tired of the cold and the snow. We aren't sure exactly were a good place to move to is. We are hoping for some good suggestions. We aren't big city people, we'd like to live in the country setting. We realize, we won't have as much property, that isn't a big deal for us. We only have one son left at home, he has autism level 1, severe ADHD and learning disabilities. He's a very good boy, however I've thought of homeschooling him or getting him into a school for special needs. Does anyone have any suggestions for us? Any thoughts? My husband is a Bodyman/Painter and I know they are in demand in North Carolina as he has had a job offer, of course at that time we weren't ready to move and this gentlemen does call every 6 months asking still. We just aren't sure if that's were we want to live or not. Any suggestion would be helpful as we are beginning to get our ducks in a row. All bills are paid off except 2 and once those are paid down a little more we can leave. I just want to make the best decision for us but would like some input. I would like to Thank You all ahead of time for replying.
  3. augerpros
    02-23-2019 08:10 AM - permalink
    augerpros
    Hi everyone! If you are moving to the Dallas / N. Dallas area, keep AugerPros Plumbing and Drain in mind. We are your one stop shop for all plumbing issues, residential and commercial. https://www.augerpros.com
  4. marielve
    02-08-2019 02:50 PM - permalink
    marielve
    My husband and I are from across the country looking to relocate somewhere safe ands a place to relax. H e is willing to commute from Schofield Barracks HI, We are looking in the price range of about 1800-2000 max in rent and a friendly area. Any suggestions?
  5. EMILYRevMktGrp
    01-20-2019 11:33 AM - permalink
    EMILYRevMktGrp
    FrozenWisconsinites2019 - check out cityofnewberry.com for Newberry, SC.
  6. Isabella roosevelt
    12-21-2018 03:39 AM - permalink
    Isabella roosevelt
    Hello Evert bodey
  7. FrozenWisconsinites2019
    12-19-2018 10:29 PM - permalink
    FrozenWisconsinites2019
    Hey everyone! I could really use some help/advice. I have done a lot of research but when I think I narrow down a location, it ends up being a no-go.

My wife and I want to relocate to a different state. We honestly do not care where, as long as it hits our criteria.

This is what we're looking for:
    * approximate population of around 10,000 or less (absolutely no more than 15,000)
    * mild winters with little to no snow
    * summers that aren't sweltering (low 90's are ok)
    * LGBT friendly
    * plenty of jobs for DSP's (working with mentally/behaviorally handicapped in group home setting)
    * no breed specific bans (we have a pit bull mix)

Anyone know of ANYWHERE that meets these criteria?
  8. janechard
    09-24-2018 09:17 PM - permalink
    janechard
    Hi, I'm looking into moving from Cape Cod, MA to VA Beach. I grew up in north NJ. Worked as a Traveling OR RN for 15yrs. Need good live music and single men, good restaurants would be a plus. And of course nice, friendly people. Any feedback would be helpful...
  9. smithka1692
    09-14-2018 07:52 PM - permalink
    smithka1692
    Hello all, I'm looking to relocate to Nashville, TN in about 3-4 months max. I will be attending a Job fair hosted in Nashville on October 17th and wanted to also look for possible housing while im in town. I am a single female that loves a semi quiet location not in the heart of downtown but not too far from the inner city. If anybody has some suggestions please feel free to comment to this post.

Thanks,
  10. SuzetteZ
    09-10-2018 11:56 AM - permalink
    SuzetteZ
    I'm relocating Oregon, how do I find rural rentals within 25 miles of Grants Pass?