Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

Moving to Washington state

Group Created by jvanderv1

This is a group where we can talk about the best way to make this move.

View All Members Showing 10 of 19 Member(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 1 to 6 of 6
  1. AuthenticLab
    12-23-2018 05:23 AM - permalink
    AuthenticLab
    WE ARE INVOLVED IN THE PRODUCTION OF MORE THAN 150 CURRENCIES. WE PRINT ORIGINAL MONEY OF ALL TYPES EURO, US DOLLAR, POUND AND MANY MORE.Whatsapp us +1(336)515-8427/Or
    Follow the link to our website for more information
    GLS - Home
  2. Rojowimo
    08-17-2018 05:34 PM - permalink
    Rojowimo
    Hi, I am new here. I was hoping to find out about communities surrounding Seattle from locals or those who otherwise know the state. We are a small family and need to secure ourselves a residence near there. We need to be able to drive to Seattle most days of the week, but are willing to put some wear and tear on a vehicle if there is a safe route to the city. We hope we can find something within a two hour commute radius. Anything anyone can share on communities they love or loathe within that area, please share with me. I am curious and dedicated to the idea that there is something out there for us under 100,000. I just need some local perspective to help make a good decision for the safety and well being of my family.
  3. Christine54
    06-09-2013 10:19 PM - permalink
    Christine54
    I lived in both Olympia and Walla Walla during college. Always loved the state. I have one kid that 3 years of college left, but after that, thinking seriously about moving to Washington. I have MS and the heat of SoCal turns me into a vampire during the summer months - I only come out at night.
  4. barb2go
    01-15-2013 01:27 PM - permalink
    barb2go
    Hello, are you still on? I too am considering moving back west. I lived in OR for a short time and miss the ocean terribly. I have relatives in WA and northern OR. I do like sunshine but heat and humidity not so. My worry is not weather, it is tsunami earthquake type fears. Wasn't so 13 years ago. I would like to know if you did indeed move and how things are. Where you landed so to speak. Thanks
  5. burkey930
    07-10-2012 06:23 PM - permalink
    burkey930
    Hello, I am looking for info on the Seattle WA area and its surrounding areas. I currently live in the Birmingham area of Alabama. I am married with 3 kids, ages 5,6, and 10. Thinking about relocating to the Seattle area. Looking for a better, safer area for my family. Birmingham is dying city, Jefferson County is looking at bankruptcy and there are no jobs or opportunities and I worry about my kids growing up here. Birmingham is plagued with crime and poverty. Birmingham always ranks in the top 10 most dangerous cities to live in from the FBI's list. The schools are some of the worse next to Mississippi and Louisiana schools.

It's really hot here, last week Temps exceeded 100 degrees everyday. And its not like Arizona heat, its very hot humid heat. Going outside to do anything can turn into a miserable experience really fast. So summers really suck and it stays hot almost all the way to November.

I would really like a area with good schools, activities for kids and adults and some scenery. We enjoy outdoor things. Don't mind rain, it doesn't rain a whole lot here. I've heard about the rain in Seattle and that is not a issue for us. We are basically just looking for a good change in a better place with more to offer for us and especially our children now and when they grow up.

Thanks for any advice
  6. Avid Balloonist
    05-10-2010 09:51 PM - permalink
    Avid Balloonist
    As a hot air balloon tour operator in Southeastern Washington and North Central Idaho, I would love to assist anyone interested in relocating with family outdoor recreation assistance and refferals to tourism professionals.

I can be reached at 1 800 LWS TOUR.

Other contact info is available at:

www.AdventuristAir.com