U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

Christians-Believers

Group Created by servant770

Have needs, prayer request, struggling with issues, encouragement, I have a heart for everybody, so this group is for all Christians God bless you all!

View All Members Showing 10 of 44 Member(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 1 to 10 of 36
  1. twinlesstwin81
    12-31-2012 05:40 PM - permalink
    twinlesstwin81
    I fractured my back in 2010 L3 and Injured L456 and S1... This saturday I injured L3 again and may have a Herninated disc prayers would be nice thank you .
  2. msharriet
    10-30-2012 09:09 PM - permalink
    msharriet
    Hello, I need prayer about moving to Minnesota. I'm from Ohio and having health problems and anxious about the people my brother associates. Please pray that I get organized and get rid of some things. Also pray for traveling mercies on November 12.
    Thanks and God bless you all. Harriet
  3. Brother Michael
    10-24-2012 12:00 PM - permalink
    Brother Michael
    Oh Heavenly Father, I pray to thee in Jesus' name, help me to love others, the way that you love me. I have utmost confidence, I have standout faith in You my Lord that You help me in all that I do, to always be a reflection of You. I know that You will walk with me closely, night and day, so I shall never go astray. so my family is sheltered through my standout faith. I know You are abundantly living in my heart, and that You my Lord, give me Your light, that I may become pleasing in your sight. I surrender in the mighty name of Jesus, my friend, my brother, my Christ, and I lay all my burdens at Your feet my Lord. I am Your vessel, so that others may see your spiritual presence dwelling within me, so they may see Your promise You my Lord so steadfastly hold to, the strength of my faith.

Thank You Father for walking with me, till my journey is through, then by your grace, You will bring me home to You. In Jesus' name I pray....For You my Lord are EVERYTHING!
  4. Brother Michael
    10-24-2012 11:54 AM - permalink
    Brother Michael
    Hello and Greeting in Jesus' name...

Contrary to a lot of religious examples, prayer need not be just some simple mystical, super-spiritual activity. Simply put, prayer is conversation between Father and child. Jesus turned to His disciples gathered around Him and taught an important lesson: "Unless you...become as little children, you will by no means enter into the kingdom of heaven." The way a child prays, in simplicity and trust, is the perfect portrait of prayer. We look at the prayer of Jesus in John 17, we find the same picture. Jesus did not close His eyes and pray in a different tone of voice. In fact, we are told that "Jesus...lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: 'Father'" (John 17:1).

What a beautiful portrait of His relationship with the Father! Through this example, Jesus was showing us that prayer is simply talking to God, not just as the almighty Creator of the infinite universe, but as the caring, lovesick Father who awaits for His child to come, a Father who delights to be with His children.

"Come just as YOU ARE to the Father."

In simple conclusion for now, we have need to remember this above through our every moment to moment of our days. So easily we can forget that the Father loves us just as He loved Jesus. Then, instead of coming to Him because of who He is, we are kept at bay, consumed more with who we are or are not.

The potency of prayer hath subdued the strength of fires; it hath bridled that rage of lions, hushed anarchy to rest, extinguished wars, appeased the elements, expelled the demons, burst the chains of death, expanded the gate of heaven, assuaged diseases, repelled frauds, rescued cities from destruction, stayed the sun in its course, and arrested the progress of the thunderbolt. Prayer is all-efficient panoply, a treasure undiminished, a mine which is never exhausted, as sky unobscured by clouds, a heaven unruffled by storm. It is the root, the foundation, the mother of a thousand blessings.

...Chrysostom
  5. Brother Michael
    10-24-2012 11:26 AM - permalink
    Brother Michael
    @ Enow...

Again, I am sorry that you perceived that message of mine as you did. Nevertheless, I am not praying around the Son of God, the Son of Man, my Christ (Messiah in Hebrew), my friend, my Savior...."Lord Jesus" nor leading others away from Christ Jesus through prayer or in life in general. This is something of your own understanding & thinking (no offense), but I do understand your concern though. I said...."Please pray to the most Holy Spirit in and through our Lord Christ Jesus' mighty name." This clearly means and states to please pray to Father God (most Holy Spirit) in and through Christ Jesus' mighty name. This is praying through and in the name of Jesus, and is not cutting any corners. Enow....praying is for Him, it is a personal relationship between child and Father, or other words, you and Father God. It is your personal relationship with Him, whom is above all. I never bow my head toward this world nor close my eyes in prayer, however, I look to the heavens which are higher than me, this world, the Spiritual realm and authority, or any of us. This is where the Father is, higher than us, higher than this world. Remember always Isaiah 55:8-9. Not one testimony nor witness of Jesus, the Son of God, the Son of Man, the Christ bowing His head or closing His eyes in prayer. However, it is testimony that Jesus "...lifted His eyes to heaven, and said: 'Father'" (John 17:1). I never pray around my Christ, my friend, my brother, my Jesus....for He is the Son of God, the Son of Man, the true and only Christ (whom is of the Father), and only through and in Him will I come to the Father, and the Father know me. I love my Lord Jesus, my Christ, my friend and brother, and if you DO NOT truly know the Son of God, the Son of Man, the Christ, then you will never perceive the Father. He is EVERYTHING and ONLY His will (His thoughts and His ways) be done, nothing more, nothing less, nothing else!!!!

Thank you brother or sister Enow for your words of concern, but as mentioned above, nothing is not through or in the name of Jesus, as all was created in His glorious and mighty name..."Christ Jesus" (HaMashiach Yeshua), the name above all names, above all heavens, above all Eden. It is all about Him, nothing more, nothing less, nothing else....Amen, I say!

It is about what we can do for Him, not what He can do for us.

BTW Enow, not to debate or start any form of strife here in Jesus' name, but do you truly know what iniquity is? Do you truly understand how He see's us, which is how he says we must look at others? This is called seeking the heart of others (what He seeks and is invisible to the naked eyes or senses..."Carnal State or Being"), being of righteous and the unrighteous. Not one man, yes, not one man is without sin. We were born into sin, and we will die of the flesh in sin. What we must seek is not of the flesh (the carnal state or being..."of this world"), but of the Spirit, the heart of the Spirit...."Our Soul (Our Heart)". Thus why Jesus clearly testified that we do not have the authority to judge another, as our hands are not clean.

Peace be with you and all yours, as His peace I leave you with!
  6. Enow
    10-07-2012 08:12 AM - permalink
    Enow
    "My brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus, I have a prayer request to be placed gently into the loving hands of the most Holy Spirit, in Jesus’ mighty name." ~~~ Brother Micheal. 9-21-2012 below.

For those that may not know this, but the Bible does not teach praying to the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is the Comforter as dwelling within us as promised for all believers whereas the Son, the risen Saviour, is before that throne of grace to be making those actual intercessions for us. as being our only Mediator between God and man.

The purpose for answered prayers is for the Father to be glorified in the Son as it is the Son that is answering those prayers.

John 14:13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

So when Jesus said this:

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. 7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

That wasn't just for sinners in coming to the Son for eternal life, but for believers to abide in Him by relating to God the Father through the Son as He is called the Bridegroom for that reason in being personal with God in our reconciled relationship.

So praying to the Holy Spirit is stepping outside of His words for believers to do.

John 10:Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. 2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. 3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out. 4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice. 5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers. 6 This parable spake Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things they were which he spake unto them. 7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep. 8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them. 9 I am the door:

Many believers err because of the supernatural phenomeon associated by addressing the Holy Spirit in prayer as they gain the supernatural tongues that comes with no interpretation which is the stranger's voice: the result for climbing up another way.

Better to depart from this iniquity by returning to our first love, the Bridegroom. Better to know what you had prayed for so you can give thanks to God the Father for answered prayers in Jesus' name because it is the Son that is answering prayers so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

So the prayers are not in the "hands" of the Holy Spirit, but in the hands of the Son.

Psalm 19:12 Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults. 13 Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression. 14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.
  7. Enow
    10-07-2012 07:57 AM - permalink
    Enow
    Hi spoiledbrat,

You might have more chance of finding one by addressing the TN section of the forum. If you find a church but they hold no home study Bible groups, you can always start one or offer your place to hold one.

As for the Bible study groups, well, there is a need for discernment in keeping the faith and being on alert for works of iniquity to not engage in and warn other believers in Christ's love to avoid or depart from if they are practising it.
  8. spoiledbrat
    09-23-2012 04:40 PM - permalink
    spoiledbrat
    Hello to all members. Im new to this. Im also relocating to memphis, tn and need a bible teaching and believing church to visit. Any suggestions
  9. Brother Michael
    09-21-2012 06:51 AM - permalink
    Brother Michael
    My brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus, I have a prayer request to be placed gently into the loving hands of the most Holy Spirit, in Jesus’ mighty name. Our sister in Christ, Rose Marie Johnson is in need of prayer for her grandma whom is in the hospital with congestive heart failure and is having issues with breathing. Her grandma’s name is Leavana Johnson, and I call out to all for prayer for healing of her soul, healing of her body, healing of her mind, and healing of her spirit. Prayer that Father God will breathe a breathe of life and healing energies into her through His most loving Holy Spirit and through our faith and utmost confidence in Him.

O’ Father God, Lord of heaven and earth, If you are willing, breathe a breathe of life into this child, this daughter of yours. My Lord, the God of my strength, I have utmost confidence in You through my stand out faith, an I know if you say it will be done, then it will be done. I beseech you O’ Father God, I implore you in the mighty name of Jesus (Yeshua) that if You are willing, Your will be done in this child, Your daughter of Yours. I seek no matter what that Your will be done, that You O’ great and almighty Father through Your most powerful, mighty, and loving Holy Spirit; You will draw this pain from her that she is so enduring and give her rest either with life here or life with You my Father. In Christ Jesus’ mighty name do I pray. If you are willing O’ Father God through my utmost faith and confidence in You, dispatch a host of angels of light to surround her from the north to the south, from the east to the west, from the earth below our feet to the heavens high, protect and guard her, shroud her with Your most Holy Spirit. O’ Father God I pray that Your will be done, nothing more, nothing less, nothing else. In the mighty name of Jesus, the God of my strength, my EVERYTHING.

We ask you O' Father God that You will send Your comforter, Your helper to Rose Marie’s side and all Leavanna Johnsons families side and fill them with Your Peace and Joy through their tribulations O' great Father God, in Jesus' great name we pray.

…In the name of Christ Jesus do I say….Amen!
  10. Brother Michael
    09-20-2012 09:54 AM - permalink
    Brother Michael
    O' Father God, Lord of heaven and earth, my God of my strength I come to you in the mighty name of Jesus, my "Christ." I lay my prayers into Your most gracious hands O' Father, and I have utmost confidence in Your works and Your kingdom agenda. Your will be done, as my will is Yours be done within me and in the heavens and on earth. Nothing more, nothing less, nothing else my Lord. I pray that my thoughts will be only of Yours, and my ways only of Your ways and not of my own, and that you will continue to mold, shape, conform, and transform me into the likeness of my "Christ", my Lord Jesus, Your living Son. I pray that Your Fruits O' great Father will be my Fruits; the words I hear will be of You, what I see will be what You see, and what I speak will be of Your Fruit. Nothing more, nothing less, nothing else...Amen, I say!

Shelter me and all mine O' Lord, the God of my strength. Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from these snares and traps set for us by man and the unclean spirits; deliver us from the schemes and wickedness of man; and deliver us from the schemes, influences, and deceptions of the most unclean spirits, the "Opposers" of God. Shroud us with Your most Holy Spirit; surround us in full with a host of heavenly angels of light to protect us from evil, while we serve You O' great Father God in Christ Jesus' mighty name.

O' Father God, Lord of heaven and earth, I exalt You above all in the name of Jesus. For the heavens are higher than earth, Your ways higher than mine, and Your thoughts greater than my thoughts. I pray in the mighty name of Jesus, my "Christ", you will touch all the hearts of the lost and fallen through Your most powerful, mighty, and loving Holy Spirit O' Father God. Fill their souls (hearts) with Your Love and Self-Control; Your Kindness, Your Goodness, Your Gentleness, Your Faithfulness, Your Patience (Forbearance, Long-Suffering, and Tolerance), Your Peace, and Your Joy. This way their souls (hearts) are renewed, so that their minds are revived with Your ways, Your thoughts and not of their own or of this carnal world. Only You can do this O’ Father God, as with man, this is impossible, but only with You, all things are possible. O’ Father God, through Your most Holy Spirit, I implore You O’ Lord to draw them to You through and in the name of Christ Jesus, the Son of the living God. Praise be to You O’ Lord, my God of my strength, in the mighty name of Christ Jesus (HaMashiach Yeshua) I pray.

….Amen, I say