U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a moderated group.

Christian Universalism (2)

Group Created by Meerkat2

Fellowship for Christian Universalists

View All Members Showing 10 of 31 Member(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 1 to 10 of 103
  1. ScarletWren
    07-23-2012 01:15 PM - permalink
    ScarletWren
    Hi, Just saw that I actually was accepted and that I can now post messages. When I tried to access it before I couldn't even see any messages. I am sometimes very clueless with these things.

I am just beginning to read the Martin Zender article. So far I'm on board with what he's saying. I really like Martin Zender. I love his sense of humor.I have read and listened to a lot of what he has put on youtube and his website. I remember that I disagree with him on certain doctrinal issues, but at the moment I don't remember exactly what, lol.

I hope there begins to be some more activity in here. I get really frustrated with the threads on the main forum. I've tried to look at some other forums but most I just don't like the format at all. On this one, I can enlarge the type fonts and the lines adjust. Many sites you have to then move the bar below back and forth and that is a major pain when you are reading. I have cataracts tho my vision is fairly ok looking around but my reading vision has deteriorated and as I have no medical insurance I won't be having surgery to remove the cataracts until I get on Medicare and by then they probably will have done away with it so I may be stuck with decreasing vision for the remainder of my life. Awhile back I was on a few CU forums but in some ways that was even more frustrating. How orthodox Christianity calls us a cult stupefies me since we are all so divided on other issues other than salvation for all, lol.

One thing that always frustrates me is that so many say the eons end. Do they really? I have come to believe that the Bible is about man being made in the image of God. See I have come to the firm belief that the first account of creation in Chapter 1 and the first few verses in 2 speak prophetically. I don't believe God finished man once and then, whether he knew or not, is now recreating Him. The ONLY finished man, imho, of course, is Jesus Christ. God created HIM male and created THEM (us) male and female, unfinished as yet. Then God begins to tell us about all the ages He has created and through which He is bringing roughly hewn man into the His image, after the likeness of Christ. So in Revelation, or the passage in which Paul tells us that Christ gives over the rule to the Father when all is subjected, the Bible more or less has finished its tale of the creation of man. But is that the end of the story. Is there nothing more than that. Just, and they lived happily after? I think that that's JUST THE BEGINNING of the story. I think there will be a new set of ages in which God is going to accomplish 'something else.' What that can be, I can not begin to imagine. But it will be exciting, glorious, new, and words that haven't been invented yet.

I suppose most of you will think I'm bonkers. I don't care. I can't help what God has put in my heart. Love you all and you all mean so much to me.

Trish
  2. Illuin
    06-28-2012 02:01 AM - permalink
    Illuin
    Hi everyone,

Thanks for inviting me to the group. I just posted a study on the 70 Weeks of Daniel in the thread; "If God Doesn't Let Evil Into Heaven, Then How Did Satan Get In." (link) It is the culmination of about a decade of study, so I think you'll enjoy it. It really brings home how precise and perfect God's time periods are. Those that are looking for a pre-tribulation rapture will never abandon their idol Scofield, and his 70th Week separated from the other 69 by 2 Millennia, which you will see, makes no sense, and there is no Scriptural basis for it. I think you will really find it to be an asset to your faith, and another wonder of God's majesty and perfection. Peace, and God bless. With love, Pete
  3. sunnysmyler
    06-27-2012 05:42 PM - permalink
    sunnysmyler
    Hey guys, I'm new to the group and since I see it's kind of dead around here, I just wanted to share a recent email I received from Martin Zender....since I see some others here are familiar with his writings. I found it to be a very interesting read, lets share feedback. Here's the link.....http://www.martinzender.com/What_is_a_Believer.pdf
  4. Heartsong
    05-08-2012 04:44 PM - permalink
    Heartsong
  5. Meerkat2
    05-21-2011 05:29 PM - permalink
    Meerkat2
    Sparrow, Everyone can see messages but only members can post
  6. .sparrow.
    03-24-2011 09:50 PM - permalink
    .sparrow.
    I wish we were more active over here. Hey is this public board... or do you have to be a member to see the messages? I can't remember it's been so long since I've posted. I hope that more and more and more people wake up to the truth of God's love. This world is wearing me out.
  7. Meerkat2
    02-19-2011 01:16 PM - permalink
    Meerkat2
    Welcome Heartsong Sorry, the group is not very active at the mo
  8. Meerkat2
    02-01-2011 01:30 PM - permalink
    Meerkat2
    Hey LE, I agree that there needs to be a cooling down - I don't think it is about sides it is about being respectful even while you may disagree with someone....

I for one will still stick around
  9. legoman
    01-16-2011 08:50 PM - permalink
    legoman
    I also hope it went well 07. BTW your comment to the mods was very punny (unintentional?) "If this is inappropriate - please PULL"! LOL - I hope all went ok.
  10. little elmer
    01-08-2011 10:13 AM - permalink
    little elmer
    How'd it go, 07?