U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

Single Mothers Relocating

Group Created by Maqueta

This group has been formed to help single mothers find resources in other cities. Many women are relocating to create better lives for themselves as well as their children. This is a place where women can network, get advice, as well as offer support and encouragement to othee women.

View All Members Showing 10 of 485 Member(s)
Showing 5 of 25 Picture(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 21 to 30 of 230
  1. Butterfliesfly
    03-08-2016 06:52 PM - permalink
    Butterfliesfly
    Hi everyone my name is K and I am looking to move from Savannah to Atlanta summer 2016. I am a single mom with two son 6&8 and I just graduated with my bachelor's looking to explore my opportunities and a fresh start. I'm nervous as this will be my first time moving outside of the military but I must take a chance. I'm looking to meet someone who is moving there also because just knowing one person can help a bunch..
  2. twilliams1216
    03-06-2016 07:48 AM - permalink
    twilliams1216
    Hi everyone one my name is Tasha right now living in CT want to relocate to montgomery county maryland or kissimmee fl need some insight on these places specially with all the sink holes in fl
  3. Cball358
    03-03-2016 02:06 PM - permalink
    Cball358
    Hello Everyone! My name is Christina and I am in search of some advice. I am currently living in Lake County, CA. We recently went through a traumatic fire that burned over 1000 homes. So I am looking to either relocate back to Colorado, or to Florida.
    In St.Petersburg, Florida I have family, who would be willing to help me get back on my feet as much as they could. The thing is I don't know about what type of resources for single moms trying to get on their feet.
    In Colorado I can stay at a friends house temporarily and utilize the programs out there.
    I am getting fairly tired of the cold. I am looking to find a place for the long term. I have more of a bohemian mentality, and lean toward more progressive places. Oh and my children are 3 and 1, so I am hoping to find a good educational system for them. If anyone has an input it would be greatly appreciated. Many Thanks!
  4. 4everlost
    02-23-2016 08:18 PM - permalink
    4everlost
    Hello, everyone. My name is Amy. I am looking to relocate south were there is more warm weather than cold. I am a single mom with no family beyond my son. We are both on disability which means very low income. I am having an extremely difficult time finding a good place to go with the situation l am in. Does anyone have some ideas. We live in Pa and there are no opportunities for my son to prosper. Thank you for your time.
  5. nakiaoliver
    02-03-2016 01:02 PM - permalink
    nakiaoliver
    Hi. Im looking to relocate from southern California to Atlanta, GA. I really wanted to get to know someone that is looking to move there as well. Im looking to move by June or July of 2016. If anyone is interested please let me know.
    Thank you!!
  6. junie136
    01-30-2016 11:31 AM - permalink
    junie136
    HI, I'm a single mom (separated from a jerk narcissist who abandoned me) with a 19 year old daughter who is expecting. Living situation may be an issue in the next few months but I hope not I would also like to make friends in the Northern California area (Sacramento/Placer counties). I don't know many people.
  7. Roselyn d
    01-30-2016 12:06 AM - permalink
    Roselyn d
    Hi eveyone,

I'm looking for a room on reno for 4 months. I'm a bit struggling with cash right now, but am wiling to consider your price. Please message me if you have a room available. I don't have children.
  8. caroline12015
    01-23-2016 05:05 PM - permalink
    caroline12015
    Hi ladies I'm planning to move to San Diego California, looking for a room for rent for my son and My self to share for a few months in a house, no hotels, till I find an apartment I would really appreciate the information.
  9. nakiaoliver
    01-19-2016 12:51 PM - permalink
    nakiaoliver
  10. Kishafindit
    01-16-2016 06:58 PM - permalink
    Kishafindit
    Hello from Houston, Texas if anyone is looking to relocate to Houston let me know I am a realtor.