U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

Single Mothers Relocating

Group Created by Maqueta

This group has been formed to help single mothers find resources in other cities. Many women are relocating to create better lives for themselves as well as their children. This is a place where women can network, get advice, as well as offer support and encouragement to othee women.

View All Members Showing 10 of 431 Member(s)
Showing 5 of 25 Picture(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 21 to 30 of 211
  1. Chrissychrissybb
    10-15-2015 11:45 AM - permalink
    Chrissychrissybb
    Hello Everyone! I'm Chrissy, a single mom to a nine year old boy. I am extremely new to this site and this group. My son and I will be relocating to Chicago, I will be there in March and my son the summer in june or July. I am moving there to be with my boyfriend of 2 yrs. I currently live in Cincinnati, Ohio and have visited Chicago frequently. I have to find a job and school before my move and find it all to be a tad overwhelming. I am interesed in networking and meeting a few people before I get there. Welcoming all possibple friends lol
  2. meek33
    10-14-2015 08:21 AM - permalink
    meek33
    im a single father of 1 girls she 15. I just wannasay that its not easy and i give all the glory to the women
  3. click2
    09-27-2015 07:20 PM - permalink
    click2
    Please help me to get friends here, thank you!
  4. click2
    09-27-2015 06:22 PM - permalink
    click2
    Please greetings to you all! Am New here and looking for friends to chat and share ideas with. Help to get that here. Thank you very much indeed!
  5. Zarakali
    09-26-2015 08:00 AM - permalink
    Zarakali
    Hi, Everyone Myself Zarek Ali now I’m working with Massa Global Interior Design Company as a Development Manager.
  6. chadg1016
    09-25-2015 06:02 AM - permalink
    chadg1016
    Hello everyone, I am 38 and I live in FL. Looking for friends and possibly more.
  7. Gbenekawa78
    04-21-2015 04:13 PM - permalink
    Gbenekawa78
    Hello everyone. I am a soon to be single mother of 4 boys who is relocating from Junction City, KS to either Myrtle Beach, SC or Charleston, SC. Can anyone please please give me advice on where to live, the public school system and the requirements of starting a food business in SC? Thanks and I look forward to meeting people too.
  8. shyva2
    03-30-2015 08:09 AM - permalink
    shyva2
    Hi I'm a mother of 2boys. I am currently living in Va looking to move to NC by the summer. Is this the right direction? I need some thing better for myself and boys far as a living, recreation and future. Not many opportunities on ESVA.
  9. emz916
    03-23-2015 10:38 PM - permalink
    emz916
    Hello I'm just curious my fiance and I decided Sacramento is not for us he works a dead end job I stay home with our kids we have 2, he makes about 2,000 a month and that is with no benefits in a warehouse we want to start over a new life we can't afford to have any more kids on this income or even really live life.
    We were thinking of moving to Texas because we hear they have so many jobs opportunities and with benefits and the cost Of living is cheap but I am wondering is there anywhere else better for jobs and cost of living plus texas weather is crazy. We are willing to live in crazy weather just need some advice.

I'm looking at every state for

climate (my son has really bad allergies) Sacramento is city of trees he suffers here

Best schools to send my kids

Pay off jobs with benefits tired of struggling

Jobs availability

rental cost 700 is nothing in Sacramento we get the ghetto for that price

Cost of living

air quality I know texas is pretty bad but they are cheaper to live

Fun! We do alot with our kids every weekend but also need that alone time with out kids dancing etc

Housing cost after we move my family plan on following us and want to retire

Gas prices, I've seen our gas go almost to $5 lowest about $2.37

We are a family of Mexicans too half of us are light skinned and the other are dark skinned I don't want to relocate and go somewhere people won't accept us we are not illegals either
  10. MsSagoes40
    03-16-2015 11:21 AM - permalink
    MsSagoes40
    Hello everyone. I'll be moving to the Charleston, SC area this summer, just looking to meet other single moms relocating or that have relocated to that area.