U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

Single Mothers Relocating

Group Created by Maqueta

This group has been formed to help single mothers find resources in other cities. Many women are relocating to create better lives for themselves as well as their children. This is a place where women can network, get advice, as well as offer support and encouragement to othee women.

View All Members Showing 10 of 395 Member(s)
Showing 5 of 25 Picture(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 21 to 30 of 196
  1. KalexanMCA
    12-15-2014 05:54 PM - permalink
    Good evening,

Looking for a Job? Are you 18yrs old or older? Well today is your day to become apart of great opportunity that has had several life changing storys for many people who where looking for a dramatic change in there lifestyle an pay. You can create your own story starting today. Visit MCA (Motor Club of America) for general information, if this sounds like a opportunity you would like to become apart of click the link at the end of the website, if you have any questions feel free to click my profile and email me directly. We can't wait to work with you.
  2. ULocators
    12-06-2014 07:05 PM - permalink
    We would love to help you if you are moving to the DFW area. Apartment or house. www.universitylocators.com
  3. tiffanydtn
    11-08-2014 01:35 PM - permalink
    Hi All,
    I am a NJ Native looking 2 move to the suburbs of Houston or any part of Texas where I can have a nice home & decent paying job. I don't know how this finding a job out of state thing works. Someone please guide me.
  4. justus8712
    10-26-2014 01:00 PM - permalink
    Hi guys... Iam looking to relocate to texas for nyc in 2015... I have 1 child she'll be 2 in a few days. I can't do ny anymore to much of a struggle. 8 years and I got nothing to show...... blah anyways I lived in texas years ago. I do b have a few friends there that have offered help with the work force and so forth, Iam serious scared. Lol I need to go but god the what ifs are killing my mental. I was looking into the d/fw arlington area.
  5. lclott
    10-23-2014 06:41 PM - permalink
    I would like to relocate out west. Maybe to Colorado. I am a mother of six. All of my children are grown with the exception of twin boys 15. We've lived in the Richmond Virginia most of our lives. We spent a couple of years in Missouri but the boys didn't care too much for it. They were brought up in the city and the country life wasn't for them. We're talking about trying it again but with the understanding that mom agrees to live close to a small town and not too far from a city, just not in a city.

What would be a good location?
  6. AJones368
    10-06-2014 12:37 PM - permalink
    I would like to relocate to Florida from New York City. I have two children ,a boy age 8 and a girl age 6. Will be completing my LPN by next year and gain some experience out here before moving. I was hoping someone could help me by telling me what areas are diverse, have jobs for nurses, good education system and not so many storms or natural disasters. Thanks in advance for the help.
  7. foutzie44
    10-05-2014 03:49 PM - permalink
    I am relocating to Idaho from San Diego. I have a Master's in School Counseling at the college level, 7 years experience in juvenile corrections, and two years of social work. I would like to find people that do a lot of outdoor activities in Pocatelo or Idaho Falls. Those are the two choices of where I will be living. Also, best way to find a home to rent. Three bedrooms preferably. My daughter will be attending BYU and I will have a friend from New Mexico renting the house with me. Her kids are grown as well. We are both single and straight and willing to put ourselves out there in a new place with new people. I am very active in church as well as in life. If you have any advice I am listening, or I should say, reading. Have a great week.
  8. NextStepinNewLife
    09-28-2014 09:47 PM - permalink
    I am recently separated and my 16 (17 in January) year old daughter and I want to leave Hawaii for a fresh start. I have section 8 voucher that I can take with me most places, so finding a house is not the main problem, its finding a place safe and decent that will accept the voucher. I am looking to receive a small settlement that should afford me the oppotrtuinity to start a small biz, but I am trying to figure that out too. In hawaii I am a part time teacher working with at risk youth but it is not something I will be doing when we move. I also have an ice cream truck biz that i must walk away from (joint owned) and I do not feel comfortable doing that in a new city, plus I am looking for a complete fresh start. Basically the life I was living and every aspect of it was "our" life... I am looking to live "my" life for me now. So, section 8 voucher, plus my daughter and I are mixed, so where we move makes a difference also. I am still traveling through the stages of being left by my husband, I am also home ridden as a result of a recent surgery so for a moment, all I have is time to think about this stuff but no ability to do much else so any input would be greatly appreciated.

Our plan is to move to California, one of the reasons is my oldest (28 yr old son) is incarcerate there and we would be able to visit easier. But if there is a better place to live, I'm open.
  9. WashingtonMinistries
    09-28-2014 10:29 AM - permalink
    Our Affordable Housing Program is designed to prevent homelessness for Men, Women, and Children. We help individuals become stable again, and create affordable housing based upon their income. Washington Ministries - At Your Service
  10. vem7
    09-03-2014 11:13 PM - permalink
    Hello everyone, I have been researching the Seattle area, with the plans of relocating there summer of 2015. I am a single mother of one and well one on the way! Any good advice on what areas are good to raise a family, and have a low crime rate. I have researched a lot but to hear someone's personal experience is always more reassuring. Also what daycares are reputable.