U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

Single Mothers Relocating

Group Created by Maqueta

This group has been formed to help single mothers find resources in other cities. Many women are relocating to create better lives for themselves as well as their children. This is a place where women can network, get advice, as well as offer support and encouragement to othee women.

View All Members Showing 10 of 350 Member(s)
Showing 5 of 22 Picture(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 21 to 30 of 176
  1. Alexa77
    04-03-2014 02:46 PM - permalink
    Alexa77
    Hello there:
    I am a single mother of two ( 17 & 3 ) leaving in NY . I am considering to move to FL I have started doing my research. This is a long term goal for next year. I would like to hear some advice regarding which area would be the best I am just tired of this weather in NY and it is also so expensive and stressful. Looking forward to a peaceful and better quality of life for me and my kids. Thanks for your thoughts!!!
  2. Lucy31
    04-01-2014 08:05 PM - permalink
    Lucy31
    Hello there,
    I am a single mother of two boys, one who is 21 and my youngest is 11. Who I have care for and raised on my own for over 21 years along with caring for my 62 year old mother. I was laidoff in October of 2013. For a few years I have been wanting to move back to Florida where me and my family lived for a year. But since only having unemployment coming in. It is hard for me to pay my bills at the same time save up to move to Florida. I have applying for jobs here in Illinois and Florida, but only have had luck in Florida. but once I inform the hiring person or company that I am still living in Illinois I get the message let us know when you have moved to Florida. But how can i do that if I am having a hard time getting what I need to move there. Does anyone have any ideas or any information on open position and apartments that will rent month by month just so I can try to get down there and have the positive part " living in Florida". Look forward to your reply s, Thank you.
  3. mnmomof2girls
    03-28-2014 08:10 PM - permalink
    mnmomof2girls
    Single mom of two girls (11 & 7) wanting to relocate to central Florida between Jacksonville and Orlando.
  4. njtaylor
    01-26-2014 01:29 PM - permalink
    njtaylor
    Hello! I am a single mother in Illinois, and it has been my dream for many years to move to California. I just completed my MBA in Marketing Management and am looking to relocate to the Bay Area by the fall. I am nervous and don't know where to begin; I don't have any family out there and only know less than a handful of acquaintances in the area...but it's time to make this dream a reality and not a dream deferred! Any thoughts/suggestions on where to begin? Thank you in advance!!!
  5. Nellybear85
    01-22-2014 12:52 PM - permalink
    Nellybear85
    Hello, I recently earned my Master's degree and I am looking to relocate to Charlotte, NC. I have relatives there, but I am not getting anywhere with my job search. What can I do to make more of an impression to the hiring companies?
  6. PYTJOLLY
    01-22-2014 08:46 AM - permalink
    PYTJOLLY
    Hello, i am a single mom of a precious little girl. I currently live in florida but wish to move to new hampshire. I have never been there any advice?
  7. Stephanie Lack
    01-21-2014 02:32 PM - permalink
    Stephanie Lack
    Hello, I'm a single mother with 2 kids. I currently live in TN and I'm a licensed dental assistant. I'm thinking of relocating to the coast of SC or NC and would like any advice out there please
  8. jkwing
    01-16-2014 12:09 PM - permalink
    jkwing
    I am not a single Mom relocating, I am in the moving business. I work for a Mayflower Agent. I can help with questions about moving services and pricing, just drop me a message and I will assist if I can Mayflower Movers | Columbia SC | Nilson Van & Storage
  9. mzIhavetohelpsomeone2014
    01-06-2014 03:35 PM - permalink
    mzIhavetohelpsomeone2014
    Although I have not seen any recent responses to post, I will give it a shot. I am obviously a single mother since I'm here. I divorced and have two sons. One will graduate high school soon and it is possible he will stay back in our home town for college but at this point he is still undecided. My other son will start middle school the 2014 school year. I want to relocate to Atlanta from small town in Arkansas. I have a few friends out there and even a uncle although we are not really close. It is a challenge but one I dont mind taking since I have been complacent my whole life and I cannot handle that type of lifestyle any longer. I have a mother who allowed me to be abused by her husband and she never left, she hated her job and never left, she lived in poverty and never did anything about it. So in all senses of the word, my mom motivates me. The town I live in is a dead end street in most cases, high crime, no jobs , and also all the dreaded memories of seeing my mom and her husband and all the scars they left on me, my traumatic divorce, my traumatic childhood, I was fired from a high paying job due to my own faults. Getting over that has been tough. I also lost my home I built from the ground up because I was broke for a while after losing my income. Now, I have a really decent job now but I want more and I want out. I am college educated and have a strong background in health insurance and billing. The job I was fired from I was at 10 years and made over 50k which is pretty good where I'm from. Any sound advice? Please don't judge, I believe in God and already know he has forgiven me and will sustain me. Just looking for friendly advice.Thanks!
  10. zpgmail
    01-05-2014 08:52 PM - permalink
    zpgmail
    Hi! I am a single mom with 2 girls, a 8 and 91/2 years old. Their father will be moving to Eagle Pass, TX and requested me to drive haft way to him, so he can have the girls on his weekends. I live in Farmington,MO. But I would like to move to Texas. Since their father will be there for at least 3 years, he agreed with it.. I prefer to move to a town that would be around 2:30 to 3 hours from him. So it will make easy for him to have the kids in his weekends. I have searched San Antonio area, but seams like would be very costly to live in a good neighborhood there and have the kids in a great school district which is very important for me. I work online, so that's makes my moving easier. I also read something about San Marcos, buts seams to be a boring town to live in. Right now, I live 5 miles outside the town, that's very small, with less than 19000 as population. I grow up in a big city in Brazil and love to be close to all the city amenities and have places to go with my kids. My question is: what would be a good safe place to a single mom to live with two little girls? Needs to be affordable. I probably will be renting for a while. The rental need to be lower than $600. I appreciate any help with this. I am also looking for new friends in that area. Thanks! I may move by the begin of June 2014.