U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

Single Mothers Relocating

Group Created by Maqueta

This group has been formed to help single mothers find resources in other cities. Many women are relocating to create better lives for themselves as well as their children. This is a place where women can network, get advice, as well as offer support and encouragement to othee women.

View All Members Showing 10 of 441 Member(s)
Showing 5 of 25 Picture(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 21 to 30 of 217
  1. nakiaoliver
    12-23-2015 05:25 PM - permalink
    nakiaoliver
    Hi everyone,
    I am a single mother looking to move to a new state. I am recently divorced and want a new start. I have one daughter who is 9 years old. She is very excited as well. Is anyone looking for the same thing, and that is willing to maybe get to know each other and become friends. Thank you!
  2. Rafael552
    11-04-2015 05:51 AM - permalink
    Rafael552
    Hello, greetings goes to everyone on here, am a widower with one son, i will like to make a friend.
  3. Lgreulich2
    10-30-2015 12:01 PM - permalink
    Lgreulich2
    Hi Ladies,

If, any of you need assistance in buying or selling your home to relocate, I am a licensed Realtor in Columbus, OH. Please feel free to reach out, I'd love to help!
  4. Rafael552
    10-30-2015 07:52 AM - permalink
    Rafael552
    hey hello greetings to you all in the group lolz
  5. infantlab
    10-27-2015 10:31 AM - permalink
    infantlab
    Good afternoon! I am a research assistant at the Infant Development Lab at FIU directed by Dr. Lorraine Bahrick. We are recruiting families for our exciting research. We’d love to reach more interested parents.

The Infant Development Lab at FIU, directed by Dr. Lorraine Bahrick, conducts federally-funded research on infant and child development. Currently, we are recruiting a select group of highly motivated and interested parents of 2-month-olds to be part of an important new project. Mothers and their children would help us establish norms across the first 3 years of life. Children watch interesting videos and participate in standard assessments of cognitive, social, and language development allowing us and parents to learn more about their child’s development. Parents will be compensated for their time and effort.

There are no risks associated with participation. If you have any questions or would like to become one of our research families, call us at 305-348-7367 or email us at babylab@fiu.edu. Be sure to like us on our Facebook
  6. motherofone1212
    10-16-2015 09:05 PM - permalink
    motherofone1212
    hi i am the single mother of a 2.. well almost 3 year old little boy. I dont really have family besides my mom and 2 brothers and my dad that i grew up with whom isnt too active in me or my sons life, im looking to possibly up and move out of portland OR, my sons dad isnt any help even though ironically hes a single father himself, so at this point im looking into finding a place that i can get some great resources up and get a new start for me and my son.. any suggestions? im a CNA and i have experience in child care as well so the job market needs to be decent and decent pay when it comes those types of jobs also looking into places where rent isnt crazy high
  7. Chrissychrissybb
    10-15-2015 11:45 AM - permalink
    Chrissychrissybb
    Hello Everyone! I'm Chrissy, a single mom to a nine year old boy. I am extremely new to this site and this group. My son and I will be relocating to Chicago, I will be there in March and my son the summer in june or July. I am moving there to be with my boyfriend of 2 yrs. I currently live in Cincinnati, Ohio and have visited Chicago frequently. I have to find a job and school before my move and find it all to be a tad overwhelming. I am interesed in networking and meeting a few people before I get there. Welcoming all possibple friends lol
  8. meek33
    10-14-2015 08:21 AM - permalink
    meek33
    im a single father of 1 girls she 15. I just wannasay that its not easy and i give all the glory to the women
  9. click2
    09-27-2015 07:20 PM - permalink
    click2
    Please help me to get friends here, thank you!
  10. click2
    09-27-2015 06:22 PM - permalink
    click2
    Please greetings to you all! Am New here and looking for friends to chat and share ideas with. Help to get that here. Thank you very much indeed!