U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

Single Mothers Relocating

Group Created by Maqueta

This group has been formed to help single mothers find resources in other cities. Many women are relocating to create better lives for themselves as well as their children. This is a place where women can network, get advice, as well as offer support and encouragement to othee women.

View All Members Showing 10 of 324 Member(s)
Showing 5 of 22 Picture(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 21 to 30 of 166
  1. simmons82
    01-03-2014 10:15 AM - permalink
    simmons82
    Hello my name is Lisa and I will be moving soon for the first time in my life. I am excited and a bit nervous! Any suggestions on making this transaction smoother?
  2. smilly5432
    12-23-2013 10:01 AM - permalink
    smilly5432
    Hi my name is Petra im a single mother of 4 looking for a place i can call home for me and my kids around dalles texas and cleburne texas that i can afforde cause i get ssi
  3. zoeyetta
    03-04-2013 07:08 PM - permalink
    zoeyetta
    Hello from Lake Charles, Louisiana, Single mom wanting to relocate to Round Rock, Texas. Any advice?
  4. karid
    03-04-2013 04:34 PM - permalink
    karid
    I was wondering if anyone received any comments to their postings on here, because I don't see any.
  5. BlackBeauty71
    02-17-2013 01:03 PM - permalink
    BlackBeauty71
    Single mother of 5 year old. I recently relocated to Rochester Hills, MI. I love love love the city and school district, but there aren't too many single parents here. My daughter is starting to realize our family structure is a little different from others and I think it's tough on her because the other kids have siblings and a dad in the home. I answer her questions as honestly as I can, but I don't think she really understands. Any advice?
  6. momof2dnj
    02-07-2013 10:18 PM - permalink
    momof2dnj
    Hello Ladies!! I'm a 26 year old single mom of 2 (Keeping Things Tight By His Grace) and I currently live in Bronx, NY; I have considered relocating several times however I always reneged due to financial short comings. However, because God is Good, All the Time and All the Time God is God! I was Reintroduced to the reality of making money from home. Single motherhood and traditional employment was an issue for me so I decided to walk in Faith. We all know faith with out works is dead so I put in work now..... I can relocate but I'm praying on it and waiting for that answer now. My point being, if Anyone can use some extra income online that is quick, easy, fun and in some cases helpful click here: One.ZipNadaZilch.com (or copy/paste)

It's going to be a Blizzard here tomorrow, I wish I was relocated to a sunny destination right about now lol....
  7. Nat320
    02-06-2013 08:44 AM - permalink
    Nat320
    Hi Everyone, my name is Nat. Im a single mother of 3; ages 9, 7, and 2. I was born and raised in NYC. Never thought i would say this but i think i want to relocate. I want to start over and give my lil ones a different and better environment. I dont travel much nationally so I dont know where to move and what to expect. I feel so overwhelmed and kinda scared; I was wondering if anyone can provide me with some suggestions, advice and/or feedback. Anything will be appreciated! My main concerns are schools, employment rate, crime, and most importantly affordable housing.
  8. MZMOCHA
    07-20-2012 11:15 PM - permalink
    MZMOCHA
    Hi,
    i am a single mom of five and wish to move from cleveland ohio to tennessee. I am looking for the safest places to move to. With affordable housing and great schools. Do anyone have any suggestions on the best cities that are safe and affordable cost of living as well ?
  9. LLSM0418
    07-15-2012 03:59 PM - permalink
    LLSM0418
    Hi, I'm a single Mom moving to Long Island (Nassau County). So far, it seems like a very married place. Can anyone recommend where might be a good town to live where I won't be the only divorced parent? Also need to find a school that will be helpful to my son who has ADHD. Thanks
  10. KC to NC
    06-08-2012 07:30 AM - permalink
    KC to NC
    Are you looking for extra spending cash or to replace a full-time income? If you love fashion and girl's nights out, then this may be just what you've been looking for!

We sell 100% Authentic Designer Jeans at up to 50% off retail prices. Our consultants sell the top designer denim brands, as well as the hottest boutique brands at amazing prices, all while creating their own business and earning outstanding money doing it. We are a DENIM PARTY home based business looking for consultants!

Our company recently turned 2 years old with 5200% growth alone in the first year and we continue to break industry records as we launch new areas and products each month. Because of this growth, we are looking for Independent Fashion Consultants in your area who are looking for the opportunity to socialize with their friends and sell a product that sells itself. This is your opportunity to own your own fashion business, all while having the support you need to reach your personal and financial goals.

And one of the greatest things about joining our team and becoming a Fashion Consultant is that you are not required to carry an inventory -- EVER! The company provides the inventory and it's constantly changing with new brands, styles and lines weekly. And with Women's, Maternity, Men's, Kids and Babies lines -- we've got something for everyone! No knock off's or seconds and you have an inventory of 120+ pairs of jeans, capris & shorts to choose from at an Inventory Coordinator's home in your area for your events. So, make Your Butt Your Billboard with your favorite designer denim and put more money in your pocket!

I am one of the Directors with the company & I will fully train you and help you reach your financial goals. No sales experience required and no minimum sales required. Part-time or Full-time.

Email/Call/Visit
    Blythe Talbott
    314-262-3047
    Business: Vault Denim
    Facebook: Designer Jean Scene - Vault Denim - Facebook