Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

Pet Rescue

Group Created by Sam I Am

This group will be to explore the challenges and issues concerning rescue of all animals and maybe do a little networking on placement of unwanted pets. I'd ask that you keep instructional type posts on pet ownership to the main Pets forum and let's let this one be where fellow rescuers gather and brainstorm for solutions! Placements, transport, and various rescue goals will be discussed. However, we will not allow Do Not Adopts or any slamming or derogatory comments toward a particular rescue group.

Invite your friends!

View All Members Showing 10 of 165 Member(s)
Showing 5 of 32 Picture(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 61 to 70 of 209
  1. dreamhunter65
    12-23-2008 08:41 AM - permalink
    dreamhunter65
    Will keep a lookout see some need for large animal, I know they were looking for dog rescue and foster's needed in SoCal.

Just want to wish all the people involved in this group a MERRY CHRISTMAS and a safe and HAPPY NEW YEAR. People do not realize that all working in rescue placement and foster or working with the shelters are SANTA CLAUS for all these critters and not just the one day a year but everyday!
    Thank You!
  2. DezertGirl
    12-18-2008 11:53 AM - permalink
    DezertGirl
    If anyone needs large animal rescue in SoCal, I have some excellent connections and rescue goats myself. I saved 7 Angora goats this summer that were inches from death...20-30 pounds of unsheared wool per animal, covered with feces and urine salts, three with collars imbedded in their necks and hooves so long they were corkscrewed and enormous populations of lice! One poor buck had so much rot on his sheath that we had to remove most of it. He never flinched...the nerves were dead. They are all fine now...fat and happy!
  3. dreamhunter65
    12-15-2008 09:56 PM - permalink
    dreamhunter65
    Ok found this link..http://abbyk9.blogspot.com/ answers my question. GRRRRR
  4. dreamhunter65
    12-15-2008 09:48 PM - permalink
    dreamhunter65
    I knew bought the GSD but puppymill is that true? I would rather seen take from rescue or shelter also but that is thier decision. Maybe he should have got a pitbull puppy though and made people look differently at them.
  5. Amazonchix
    12-15-2008 06:45 PM - permalink
    Amazonchix
    Link to the article on Biden's new puppy: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28221617/
  6. Amazonchix
    12-15-2008 06:44 PM - permalink
    Amazonchix
    Yes, he bought a GSD puppy from from a suburban Philadelphia kennel to bring with him to Washington. Did he not get the adopt a rescue memo that the Obama's did?
  7. Calidreemer
    12-15-2008 05:23 PM - permalink
    Calidreemer
    I haven't seen these emails about the VP.
  8. dreamhunter65
    12-14-2008 04:51 PM - permalink
    dreamhunter65
    Had a question for you all. I been recieveing emails saying our soon to be VP who bought a GSD is supposedly a puppy mill dog. Anyone else getting these messages? Unsure of opening them as not from my rescue contacts and unssure if just a virus.
  9. dreamhunter65
    12-14-2008 04:50 PM - permalink
    dreamhunter65
    I recieved that notice yesterday and only start and end legs were filled. Being close to Christmas many transport volunteers are busy or to broke to drive these animals. I have not seen any in my area for quite a while all seem to end south or come through Iowa up into Minn, or other side into Mich. and Ontario.
  10. Calidreemer
    12-13-2008 10:08 PM - permalink
    Calidreemer
    [SIZE=4]This is an email I received tonight, please cross post. This is a legit group. If you can help please contact them. THanks![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]EMERGENCY TRANSPORT NEEDED!!!

KNOXVILLE, TN TO CHICAGO, IL

[/SIZE]
    11 puppies, one of which is heartworm positive and needs to get here to receive her treatment.
    1 adult Lab
    1 mama cat and 4 6wk old kittens

We have transport from Dallas, NC to Knoxville, TN. We have NO way to get to Knoxville to get these babies. We planned on renting a Cargo van, since all we have is a standard pickup truck. We DO NOT have a credit card, only a bank card. Budget wants a $400 deposit on our bank card, which we just do not have to front. Enterprise only wants $150, but on a credit card. Whoever's name is on the credit card has to be there in person with a driver's license. We just don't know what to do.

Please, can somebody help us get these babies to the safety of our rescue? This is my last resort...our only chance.

Thank you so much. Please crosspost.

Tracy Caccavella
    Founder
    Reach Out Rescue, NFP