Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 08:28 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,589,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I'd like to see them make one in a .327 federal magnum so you could have 6 shots instead of five.
If you need more than 5 shots for a CCW you are doing it wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2011, 08:35 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,856,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
I hope you are never placed in a position that your quippy bravado is tested and found short.

Predators these days travel in packs most of the time rather than singles. If there are three rabid goblins and you relinquish your ammunition to them like boarding house table rules you won't have enough to give each even two servings. It never hurts to carry at least one backup magazine, speedloader, or ammo clip.

Old 03-28-2011, 06:19 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,096,034 times
Default Ruger LCR .357 (My new carry gun)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post

Can't agree with your thinking at all. Wanting more than five rounds is one of the reason I carry a pistol rather than a revolver, It holds six in the magazine, and with a second or third magazine in a pouch on my belt I feel safer than if I had only 5 rounds. When I worked as an LEO my revolver had only 6 rounds, and in those days we didn't have speed loaders that we were allowed to carry, nor were we allowed to carry a backup gun. Times have changed, law enforcement agencies have gotten smarter, as lives have been lost foolishly.

Old 03-28-2011, 06:30 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,682,605 times
One can never had too much ammo. In any sort of fight you would want every advantage possible. Neat little gun though.

Old 03-28-2011, 06:59 PM

10,924 posts, read 21,932,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
Can't agree with your thinking at all. Wanting more than five rounds is one of the reason I carry a pistol rather than a revolver, It holds six in the magazine, and with a second or third magazine in a pouch on my belt I feel safer than if I had only 5 rounds. When I worked as an LEO my revolver had only 6 rounds, and in those days we didn't have speed loaders that we were allowed to carry, nor were we allowed to carry a backup gun. Times have changed, law enforcement agencies have gotten smarter, as lives have been lost foolishly.
You probably will find very few people that agree with his thinking, but people like that somehow get off having people think they're dirty harry or something by saying they'd never need more ammo than is in their low capacity revolver, not realizing it makes them look rediculous.

Old 03-29-2011, 08:27 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,321,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunn4040 View Post
I picked this up today after a few weeks of research. I wanted a smaller carry option; something that would be easy to conceal even with shorts and a t-shirt. This is what I settled on and so far, I love it. I put some rounds through it today and it felt great. SMOOTH trigger pull and very accurate. I put both .38 spl and .357 mag through it today. The .38 was very easy to shoot through it, the .357 had a pretty nice kick to it. Still manageable though. Overall just a good little gun. I'm happy to add this to my collection and plan on making this my new everyday carry.

Nice I'm a fan of the revolver myself.

Old 03-30-2011, 07:11 PM

65 posts, read 169,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
You probably will find very few people that agree with his thinking, but people like that somehow get off having people think they're dirty harry or something by saying they'd never need more ammo than is in their low capacity revolver, not realizing it makes them look rediculous.
I agree, I call b.s.

Old 03-30-2011, 08:33 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,604,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I hope you are never placed in a position that your quippy bravado is tested and found short.

Predators these days travel in packs most of the time rather than singles. If there are three rabid goblins and you relinquish your ammunition to them like boarding house table rules you won't have enough to give each even two servings. It never hurts to carry at least one backup magazine, speedloader, or ammo clip.
I just love your allusions. Makes me think about True Grit. Plus your right on target with your comment.

Old 04-01-2011, 12:27 PM

3,062 posts, read 6,677,137 times
I hope you broke that P3AT in properly. If you didn't I would not consider it dependable.
We bought two of them 4 years ago. The both had failure to eject problems, 15% or more of the time, with any ammo. Yes I ran the recommended 150+ rounds through each one too.
And I did the fluff and buff BS as well. I have had lots of guns and done lots of shooting over the last 50+ years and never had a firearm so undependable.
One finally worked OK, the other went to the factory for repair, a 7 week trip. When it got back it was as bad as when it left. I did some more buffing and sold them both.
Anyone that would buy one of these and not thoroughly check it out to make sure it's dependable is nuts. And I have met more than a few that have never fired it or found it uncomfortable to shoot.
I have carried many guns in my life but now I am quite comfortable with the SP 101. Yes 5 shots but we are talking about a self defense gun here. If you cannot hit someone at typcial self defense ranges then you should not be carrying a gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETex2 View Post
I love that gun, too. It's just that I'm so used to slipping my little Kel-Tec .380 into the front pocket of my jeans or shorts, it would feel way too big. But that is a great carry gun. Just recently bought a Ruger .357 myself. The GP100 SS with 4" barrel. Sweet shooting gun and a little easier on the hands due to the weight and size. It stays in the night stand.

Old 04-01-2011, 10:07 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,791,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
If there are three rabid goblins and you relinquish your ammunition to them like boarding house table rules you won't have enough to give each even two servings.
Now that there is HILARIOUS!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting