Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2011, 04:09 PM

1,479 posts, read 5,065,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by laidbackhippie View Post
Not only do I have a clue what I'm talking about, I actually DO know what I'm talking about.

Go ahead try it. Shoot a robber and see how fast the family of the wounded or dead robber comes after your bank account, your house and future earnings.

get back to me from the poor house with the outcome
That's the biggest bunch of baloney I've ever heard! In fact, in Florida, your home state, if two robbers break into your home and you kill one, the one that lives will get charged with murder because he was involved in a criminal act that resulted in a death. You, the home-owner/shooter would not be liable in a criminal or civil court.

You really don't know what you're talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2011, 04:15 PM

12,862 posts, read 13,161,297 times
Thanks to the Castle Doctrine laws, the families of the deceased scumbags who fail in their criminal attempts to rob, rape, & pillage the innocent cannot sue the the homeowner or CHL carrier who shoots them in self defense.

It's nice there are some who still believe in the fundamental right of the law-abiding citizens to defend themselves from the predatory filth that enjoy too many rights giveen them by the bleeding hearts.
Yet it is distressing to see there are still a few areas in this great country that run contrary to natural rights.

Old 04-14-2011, 04:17 PM

665 posts, read 1,723,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern Roamer View Post
That's the biggest bunch of baloney I've ever heard! In fact, in Florida, your home state, if two robbers break into your home and you kill one, the one that lives will get charged with murder because he was involved in a criminal act that resulted in a death. You, the home-owner/shooter would not be liable in a criminal or civil court.

You really don't know what you're talking about.
Another gun nut/trailer park attorney.

I'm talking about in the street in the mall parking lot or at your bowling alley

Old 04-14-2011, 04:20 PM

665 posts, read 1,723,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Thanks to the Castle Doctrine laws, the families of the deceased scumbags who fail in their criminal attempts to rob, rape, & pillage the innocent cannot sue the the homeowner or CHL carrier who shoots them in self defense.

It's nice there are some who still believe in the fundamental right of the law-abiding citizens to defend themselves from the predatory filth that enjoy too many rights giveen them by the bleeding hearts.
Yet it is distressing to see there are still a few areas in this great country that run contrary to natural rights.
The Castle doctrine law does NOT cover cival suits. Sorry Bubba

Old 04-14-2011, 04:29 PM

1,479 posts, read 5,065,236 times
Quote:

I'm talking about in the street in the mall parking lot or at your bowling alley
And your knowledge is based on what, personal experience, legal precedent? Do you have an example of someone who stood their ground by shooting a robber and got sued?

I'm going to debate on whether I agree or disagree with the "stand your ground" or "no duty to retreat" laws, but they are what they are.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/06/wo...t.2401522.html

Another trailer park attorney? When you own a gun it's wise to read the laws pertaining to guns - being a law-abiding citizen and all, kind of like knowing how to drive before you buy a car. Go troll somewhere else.

Old 04-14-2011, 05:05 PM

12,862 posts, read 13,161,297 times
Quote:
Sorry Mr.hippie, but here in Texas our Castle Doctrine law does just that.

Quote:
SECTION 4. Section 83.001, Civil Practice and Remedies Code, is amended to read as follows:
Sec. 83.001. CIVIL IMMUNITY [AFFIRMATIVE DEFENSE]. A [It is an affirmative defense to a civil action for damages for personal injury or death that the] defendant who uses force or[, at the time the cause of action arose, was justified in using] deadly force that is justified under Chapter 9 [Section 9.32], Penal Code, is immune from civil liability for personal injury or death that results from the defendant’s [against a person who at the time of the] use of force or deadly force, as applicable [was committing an offense of unlawful entry in the habitation of the defendant].

Old 04-14-2011, 05:10 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,515,063 times
Quote:

Beginning July 1st, it will in Wyoming. We won't need any stinking government permission slips to carry concealed either. It's about time.

Open carry and vehicle carry have never been infringed here.

We're going to bring back America.

Old 04-14-2011, 05:15 PM

46,169 posts, read 26,829,593 times
Quote:

Here is one for ya...provide some true backed up data....then when you can truly come with a legitimate argument....instead of showing cartoons....then please do so until then your a TROLL............................................. ................................

Old 04-14-2011, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Troll..................................

Old 04-14-2011, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Here is a perfect theme song for all you would-be heros with your secret hidden gun "just in case something happens"

YouTube - Theme Song to Mighty Mouse

It's AMAZING you won't answer any questions that are brought to you....you just keep spouting....I wonder why that is...PROVE EVIDENCE...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting