Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 03:48 PM

46,225 posts, read 26,995,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Weasel View Post

A clip is 15 yards for unsportsmanlike conduct.
Or you watch MSNBC....or any left wing....well you get the picture....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 03:57 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,792,940 times
So I went to a gun store and fired a Glock 19.
I must say, it was an amazing feeling.
I've narrowed my search down to that or a GLock 40(which I also shot).
I think the 19 felt a little better in my hand.
Thanks very much for the advice.
I'll take any and all!

Old 04-01-2011, 04:24 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,612,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
I'll take any and all!

Good for you big mitts.

Have fun but remember there is no turning back after that first purchase. You have been Glockified.

Did you have a chance to shoot any 45cal 1911's?

I sprung TRP SSweetness out of jail yesterday. She was glorious at the range if but a little bit apprehensive. But that's to be expected for her first time.

Hows that for a range report.

Last edited by Bulldogdad; 04-01-2011 at 04:38 PM..

Old 04-02-2011, 12:34 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,862,439 times
Quote:
I'll take any and all!
Great!

Follow this safety rules religiously, without exception:

safetyrules

Quote:
Jeff Cooper's Rules of Gun Safety

RULE I:ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED

RULE II: NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO DESTROY

RULE III: KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

RULE IV: BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET

Old 04-04-2011, 08:28 PM

45 posts, read 100,461 times
Quote:
You are in good company. A few years ago I was at an after market barrel mfg. shop as they shipped two pallet loads of G19 barrels (extended, threaded and with a very nice suppressor) to the DOD.

A good friend of mine has a DOD contract to provide special training and instruction on maintenance of Glock 19s.

They are often unseen in many places around the globe.

I can carry anything I want, and the G19 is my first choice for teaching, training and LE duty.

Old 04-04-2011, 09:10 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,792,940 times
Thanks for the info.
The one thing I regret NOT doing is asking to put it in a holster and see how it fits on my body.
That I'm going to do later this week.
I live in Nevada and will be wearing light clothing almost half of the year, and by law, need it to be completely hidden.
Hope it 'fits'.

Old 04-04-2011, 09:18 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,294,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
No, a pistol and a revolver are not the same.
Revolvers were called pistols before semi-automatics were made. Most people regard semis as pistols, but really a pistol is a just a one handed weapon. Semi-autos can also be rifles.

I prefer revolvers, I don't have to rack the slide, or take it apart to clean. It is difficult to load magazines with my poor hands.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Revolvers were called pistols before semi-automatics were made. Most people regard semis as pistols, but really a pistol is a just a one handed weapon. Semi-autos can also be rifles.

I prefer revolvers, I don't have to rack the slide, or take it apart to clean. It is difficult to load magazines with my poor hands.
"Were" being the key word. Semi-auto pistols have been out now for over 100 years. It is good to keep terminology up to date and in context as this thread was not about C&R revolvers/pistols but about a fella purchasing his first CCW handgun.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:21 AM

3,020 posts, read 8,594,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post

Exactly I figured if the guy who INVENTED the revolver called it a pistol, then who are we to say it isn't?

Old 04-05-2011, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the info.
The one thing I regret NOT doing is asking to put it in a holster and see how it fits on my body.
That I'm going to do later this week.
I live in Nevada and will be wearing light clothing almost half of the year, and by law, need it to be completely hidden.
Hope it 'fits'.

You'll need a sturdy belt, not typical of the thin single layer leather "fashion" belts.

In nylon: Tactical Belts, Duty Belt, Military Belt, Instructor Belt

In leather: Rosen Product Line

1 1/2" Double Belt | Filson The Filson belt can often be found at Cabela's or other retailers who carry Filson.
The quality of the belt determines how well the holstered gun will "fit".

You'll need to determine if you'll be choosing to wear your firearm outside or inside of the pant's waist. The sturdy gun belts are expensive; but, they will last a very long time and not allow your holstered gun to sag.

Two of the more popular men's IWB holsters:
Versa Max 2

SuperTuck Deluxe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting