Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 08:11 PM

46,267 posts, read 27,085,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CQBE45 View Post
Price doesn't have anything to do with it. Lord knows I wish they were ALL cheaper. That simply can't happen with DIFFERENT grades of steels, engineering, development, TESTING, performance etc. etc. Crap, the Tenifer finish alone is as close to a diamond hard as you get.
So show me where all this is happening? I can show you where glocks have blown up...can you do the same for Hi-Points? Show me where Hi-Point has NOT done that testing....

But, you STILL will not address the lie that happened in the video you posted....You can sit here and explain the table of elements and how they all combine, but you won't explain the lie in the video that you posted....Why is that?

So, price is not everything...then why won't you even consider the Hi-Point? It went though much more than that video you posted....and there were NO lie's involved...

Old 07-13-2011, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Go back a few pages. Pay particular attention to the G-19 full mag dump in the trash can full of water. No malfunctions! Right under it is a as fast as you can shoot em 1,000 round torture test. That GLOCK got so hot, the recoil spring assembly exploded. You will also notice that it continued to keep firing away! No biggy, that part will cost you $6-$8 and takes less than a minute to install a new one.
Um I asking you to show me where the HP is doing all those things you said was hapening to them........

So, you dropped a mag in water...oh yea....that is a ver very bad test....

Old 07-13-2011, 12:33 PM

46 posts, read 69,919 times
Seriously? 12 pages of arguing about a Hi Point?

They're decent guns. Just because half of you have just read about them on a ARFcom or saw a video doesn't mean you know **** about them.

I've shot a couple of them, and they're fine guns. They keep going, and they'll put rounds on target. It's not designed to be an all-out combat pistol like a Sig or Glock. It's just an affordable pistol that you can carry if you want.

Old 07-14-2011, 11:46 AM

827 posts, read 1,672,315 times
Quote:
There isn't any arguing about it. Everyone knows a Hi-Point won't even stand a chance against ANY of these other weapons. Accuracy, reliability, ergonomics, fit, finish.......hell EVERYTHING. The question is would you bet your life on one? I hope your life is worth more than that? Anyone serious wouldn't have a problem with coming up with a quality firearm. GLOCKS and S&W M&Ps, are two extremely high quality firearms that sell NEW for about $469. You can get used Police trade-ins for around $300. For another $150 that should be a no brainer. If I saw someone carrying a Hi-Point, I wouldn't take them seriously. Granted, he could or may be able to shoot me down. If his weapon malfunctions or he can't hit me, he better have some fast legs!

I could see you standing there laughing at someone with what you consider a substandard weapon. I can also see YOU in a coffin. THIS last statement says it all about you just another internet ninja knowitall [I guess we'll name YOU gunkid]

Good day and enjoy your nonsense I doubt you will survive a gunfight [IF you ever get in one]

Old 07-14-2011, 03:33 PM

Quote:
It is ok though. It's GOOD ENOUGH! You are never "GOOD ENOUGH". The man with the best equipment he can afford, with the MOST training and practice ALWAYS wins! It would be like shooting fish in a barrel.
Not in my house....

Old 07-14-2011, 03:38 PM

Quote:
You won't see a Hi-Point do anything like that.
I'll disagree with you...it would be more up to the ammo than the gun....

but YOU even said it was modified...dollar amount of not....it was modified...

You'll never win this discussion...you cannot focus on one thing....I still do not have an answer on the pummeling...and you come back with the lard ass video....

Sorry, you want to shoot the same hole ever time, I Want to shoot an 8 inch paper plate...which I can with every bullet loaded...that's all I need to do or care to do....my $140 gun does that just fine....I can guarantee that...

Old 07-14-2011, 03:44 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't come to your house.
Of course not....I have a reliable pistol....and you now know that....

Old 07-14-2011, 03:46 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't come to your house. The gangbanger with an AK might though! Let's see who malfunctions or jams up first?
I'm still up for the 5,000 round challenge and NO cleaning in-between....

With my little $140 pistol....

Old 07-14-2011, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CQBE45
Price doesn't have anything to do with it. Lord knows I wish they were ALL cheaper. That simply can't happen with DIFFERENT grades of steels, engineering, development, TESTING, performance etc. etc. Crap, the Tenifer finish alone is as close to a diamond hard as you get.
I'm asking you, show me where Hi-Point does not do this? You said they do not, I say show me.

Quote:
I still don't see any YouTubes of anything. It's all HEARSAY!
Again, you don't see Hi-Points on youtube exploding...I wonder why?

Quote:
A Wilson CQB is guaranteed 1" @ 25 YARDS .file:///C:/Users/CHUCKS%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.gif (broken link) That is if the shooter does their part? Off-hand, hitting a 1 1/2" group at 15 yards is no problem for me. I haven't ever tried resting it. I don't shoot like that or practice with it in that "recreational" way. In a gun fight, that rest won't do you a bit of good. Don't start or get into bad habits. I can shoot SIGs, GLOCKs, Berettas and my S&W M&P very similar. A bone stock Beretta 92, SIG 226 and GLOCK 17 or 34 in the 9MM department will lay waste to any cheapo.file:///C:/Users/CHUCKS%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.gif (broken link) It's the standard that sets the bar for the rest.file:///C:/Users/CHUCKS%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image002.gif (broken link)

So in your above posting.....you say "if the shooter does their part" but in the below post you say "it's the gun."

Quote:
It is the gun man. A Kimber is a average production grade 1911.

My next question, how come you won't answer a question?

chucksnee: so provide proof?

CQBE45: well look at this video.

chucksnee: That video has nothing to do with the proof I asked you for.

CQBE45: Well, look at this video.

chucksnee:not what I asked you for.

CQBE45: Here is another video.

chucksnee: Do you understand the question?

CQBE45: Here is a video that has absolutely nothing to do with what we are talking about...but it's cool....

chucksnee: How about answer a question?
CQBE45: Well in this video.....

Sorry, you maybe good at shooting and even lying on your back, but your ability to answer a question sucks!!

Old 07-14-2011, 05:27 PM

827 posts, read 1,672,315 times
I'm gonna ignore the Blowhard. he claims to have been in a gunfight,but I doubt it. I think he's a jr Gunkid wannbe mall ninja rat More then likely is about 10 years old and gets all these videos off the internet MUCH like all his info of super duper killer guns [mostly his plastic toy gun collection cause mommy says he aint old enough to get a BB gun yet]

MAYBE when the child does growup he MIGHt be able to have real guns and THEN he'll have some idea how they work. I guess till then he'll be safe with his toy guns. So long little boy talk to me whan you grow up and become a man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting