U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 10:30 PM

4,153 posts, read 7,656,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperL View Post
All things considered, while the 357 Desert Eagle sounds neat as heck and would be an attractive addition to any shooters stable, it's not. It's far too heavy to and large to carry. It's also REAL finicky about the ammo it shoots. You'll shoot 158gr full power loads or you won't shoot it at all. And some of the full house loads won't work the action 100% reliably. I played with one for 2 years attempting to handload for it. I had no luck at all even using non-canister powders. I finally gave up and sold it to yet another idiot that didn't know any better. If a 357 Mag is the goal, yer looking for a revolver. If you're looking for a carry gun, unless you are very well trained with a semiauto, you're looking for a double action revolver.
This,

The fantasy is better than the reality when it comes to the full size Desert Eagles. Now the Baby Eaglesvare another story and work great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2012, 05:02 PM

409 posts, read 237,347 times
I never shot a .357 MAG before. I have heard that they are picky about ammo though. They like the hot stuff to cycle. I have shot a .44 MAG before and liked it. My buddy has one. It was very accurate and I was supprized at how little it recoiled. Yeah, I've heard all the comments about Desert Eagles at gun shows and gun shops before. Many can be seen in threads like these. All the guys I know who own them have the same reply as mine. "Duah...dats what aw da girly men say!"

Dillon, you son of a *****! - YouTube

Old 02-02-2012, 05:30 PM

10,139 posts, read 22,440,335 times

44 Magnum - YouTube

Old 02-02-2012, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
Yep, that's why the guys who can't handle it are "da girly man". Lot's of flash and noise, recoil is not bad though.

Old 02-02-2012, 06:20 PM

10,139 posts, read 22,440,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandboxQ View Post
Yep, that's why the guys who can't handle it are "da girly man". Lot's of flash and noise, recoil is not bad though.
You're right about that. Seems like the frame is so big it absorbs a lot of force. Still a lot more than my .357 S&W. I was a little put off by the flash though. Did not get to shoot it in the dark. I assume it would be a show.

Old 02-02-2012, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
You're right about that. Seems like the frame is so big it absorbs a lot of force. Still a lot more than my .357 S&W. I was a little put off by the flash though. Did not get to shoot it in the dark. I assume it would be a show.
A GAS operated semi auto with multiple recoil springs makes it nice. His was mild even with COR-BONs. We like it! Bears and deer beware. Many are used with scopes for hunting around here. Carry piece?....NO Cool HD, hunting, range and truck handgun though. They are a lot of fun. Some guys collect all the different ones. They even make fancy wood grips and night sights for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting