Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2011, 06:26 PM

15,205 posts, read 12,071,873 times

Advertisements

U.S. News - Feds bag idea of curbing target practice on public lands
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2011, 09:13 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,187,018 times
That is good news!

Old 11-24-2011, 06:20 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,815,703 times
Good! I couldn't help but notice the goals behind this incredibly stupid Obama idea:

• "Cause a public disturbance or create risk to other persons on public lands.
  • "Deface, remove or destroy natural features, native plants, cultural resources, historic structures or government and/or private property.
  • "Facilitate and create a condition of littering, refuse accumulation and abandoned personal property.
  • "Violate existing use restriction, a closure and restriction order, or supplementary rules notice."

...are already against the law. Imagine that!

Old 11-25-2011, 12:18 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,061,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Good! I couldn't help but notice the goals behind this incredibly stupid Obama idea:

• "Cause a public disturbance or create risk to other persons on public lands.
  • "Deface, remove or destroy natural features, native plants, cultural resources, historic structures or government and/or private property.
  • "Facilitate and create a condition of littering, refuse accumulation and abandoned personal property.
  • "Violate existing use restriction, a closure and restriction order, or supplementary rules notice."

...are already against the law. Imagine that!
I noticed some of those. Thanks for catching the rest. There are probably more that neither of us caught.

Old 11-28-2011, 11:39 AM

1,337 posts, read 1,522,596 times
The "creating a public disturbance" rationale is deeply disturbing and very legally insidious (as it can be difficult to challenge due to the inherent vagueness). This is the rationale which is being used nationwide to harass and sometimes arrest open carriers.

The only thing I find more disturbing than that are how whenever these ostensibly lawful open carry detainment, harassment, or arrests is is pointed out on forums, there always seems to be no shortage of people who claim to be very pro-gun, but yet somehow they fully support these arrests or forms of harassment simply because these sell-outs (or more like anti-gun people masquerading as pro-gun people) think it should be a crime to simply upset the delicate sensibilities of randomly rabid anti-gun members of the public who claim they feel threatened by the mere sight of firearms and then call the police on the open carrier.

Old 12-15-2011, 08:17 AM

2,007 posts, read 6,831,588 times
I am glad to see this happen. Another swipe by the guy elected president at lawful gun owners while he lets criminals waltz through the laws of this nation.
I can't wait to see the moving van collecting his stuff and leaving the Whitehouse.I hope they take inventory of whats missing and at least try to get it back.

Old 12-16-2011, 09:44 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
It is curbed for now because Obama is in full campaign mode. Everytime firearms restricitons make the news so does Operation Fast & Furious. Simply put, Obama cannot afford publicity in any regard to firearms.

Remain vigilant so that the RKBA cannot be taken from us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting