Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 04:54 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,170,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Again I ask the poster from what origin of experience do you base your claims? The experiences of a single department armorer or something moe substanative?
HaHa...from many Departments as well as gun shop, gun show anger, as in mo-fo this, mo-fo that, SOB this and GD that. That's more than enough for me. LOL No 4th Gens for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2012, 05:03 PM

It reminds me of the G-21SF problems. Sheesh...did any one of those not break and fall out of the gun? Guess NOT, as they got dumped years ago along with the piranha tooth RTF. Good bye!!

Old 02-14-2012, 05:27 PM

Our Mod Elkhunter knows his Highway Patrol switched to the S&W M&P I'm sure. The D.E.A., MA State Police, AND OVER 276 other Agencies have too. It's a GLOCK in disguise. I like it!!

smith & wesson M&P .40S&W review and shoot - YouTube

Old 02-15-2012, 05:23 PM

7,593 posts, read 6,080,049 times
I am glad you guys are all posting this info. I go for the CCP Class in three weeks and the application will filed the next day. After that, I was wanting to get a GLock .45 ACP to carry but I am wondering now if that ould be the best choice?
I still have my trusty Ruger .44 Mag that I carry when I am on the highway, but around town Ido not carry something with that level of firepower.

Old 02-15-2012, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
I am glad you guys are all posting this info. I go for the CCP Class in three weeks and the application will filed the next day. After that, I was wanting to get a GLock .45 ACP to carry but I am wondering now if that ould be the best choice?
I still have my trusty Ruger .44 Mag that I carry when I am on the highway, but around town Ido not carry something with that level of firepower.
It's more than a good choice...it's a GREAT choice so long as it's a 3rd Gen G-21 or G-30 marked MADE IN AUSTRIA on both the slide and frame! When you go to reach for one, reach right on past the 4th Gen. Don't even say why. You just KNOW!

Old 02-15-2012, 05:51 PM

ETA, if you were looking for a G-21 or G-30 .45 ACP, you might not have to be so careful. I don't know or think the 4th Gen version is out yet on those. Still be careful and always look to see where it is made. Most dealers have them sitting side by side. The smart man reaches for one and snubs the other!

Old 02-15-2012, 07:06 PM

Instead of totally badmouthing them without showing anything else, I want to post these to let people know what is going on. You shouldn't have to have it sent back or ask for warranty work or parts. It should be RIGHT the first time. The 3rd Gens and older are! Try again guys, Sam isn't buying one! Maybe if people quit buying them and only buy the 3rd Gens, you will realize we ARE NOT happy!

Glock Gen4 Recall - YouTube

Glock Gen 4 Recoil Spring Recall - YouTube

Glock 26 Gen 4 Problem - YouTube

Last edited by SamTM; 02-15-2012 at 07:19 PM..

Old 02-15-2012, 08:24 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,193,173 times
People who are "in the know" about Glocks won't be stopped from buying one, they'll just by an older one. People who are new to handguns and don't know the difference will hear the bad press about the 4th gen ones and probably get something else.

And Sam, PLEASE stop spamming the gun forum... you're knowledgeable, but 3 posts in a row, in a thread, in each active gun thread, at least once per day... eek. Jussayin.

Old 02-15-2012, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
People who are "in the know" about Glocks won't be stopped from buying one, they'll just by an older one. People who are new to handguns and don't know the difference will hear the bad press about the 4th gen ones and probably get something else.

And Sam, PLEASE stop spamming the gun forum... you're knowledgeable, but 3 posts in a row, in a thread, in each active gun thread, at least once per day... eek. Jussayin.
I wasn't aware I was spammin' anything Jordan. I do OWN 15 Glocks and I'm an amorer after all. Just sayin'

Old 02-15-2012, 11:37 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,635,943 times
I have an SF21 Glock and I like it. I got it for around $500 or so about 3-4 years ago. Sold a Kimber tactical pro to buy it, and I like that Glock way better than the Kimber.

So don't know if it's a 2nd or 3rd gen Glock, I suspect a 3rd gen, but it shoots whatever I feed it, throws it downrange and I hit what I want so I guess I'm as as damn happy as a guy is ever gonna get.

For hiking and backwoods I carry my blackhawk .44 wheelgun, so my trust lies on that. Well, that and bearspray. And maybe my Marlin 45-70, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting