Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2008, 07:34 PM

545 posts, read 2,040,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
I enjoy shooting sports, mainly putting paper targets at 25, 50, 100, 200 yards away and shooting different loads of ammunition for the various weapons and calibers that I have to see which ones give me the best accuracy. I also shoot metalic silhouettes at 250, up to 600 yards away using my high-powered target rifles. I also load my own pistol, rifle and shotgun ammunition, and I am a life member of the NRA.

Any other gun enthusiasts here?
REPLY: I love pistol shooting at the indoor range and go often. My favorite and most accurate is the Glock 45 cal. semi-auto . My concealed carry is S&W 38 special. And my home defense is a Ruger Super Blackhawk 44 mag. with 10" barrel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2008, 05:55 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,325,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
It's a Burris Fullfield target scope, 4-20 power, with a range finder. I bought the rifle and the scope new in October of 1994, and so far I put close to 500 rounds through it. I know I had it for 13 and a half years, and only put 500 rounds through it, which is low, I have several other rifles in other calibers, from 223 Remington, to 300 Winchester magnum, that I enjoy shooting also.

The shooting range is The Ben Avery Shooting Facility north of Phoenix, it's operated by the Arizona Game & Fish Department. This is the main range, they got others within the same facility, trap and skeet, 550 yard steel silhouete range, and a 1000-yard competition range.
I took my TC carbine out for the first time today, I won't be showing any groups the rifle was great but the scope sucked, for some reason I thought it was something better, between the scope and not using my rest I shot one inch groups at the best and kept throwing shoots, I've gotten so used to the rest it really messed me up, I did hit gongs at 350 yards. I've now ordered a Simmons prohunter scope and some fine Barns bullets (CA. gotta get the lead out) so next time should be much better, I will remember the rest.

Old 04-17-2008, 10:42 AM

54,485 posts, read 33,820,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
Nice group Mike!

How long between shots?
Thanks TK. I fired 3 consecutive shots at a time, with a pause to eject and reload a new cartridge. I had 2 other guns with me that day, the AK-4, and my Savage 110V 25-06, so I'd fire 3 consecutive shots, then set the rifle down for about 10 minutes and use the other ones.

Old 04-17-2008, 10:47 AM

54,485 posts, read 33,820,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IbeDavid View Post
REPLY: I love pistol shooting at the indoor range and go often. My favorite and most accurate is the Glock 45 cal. semi-auto . My concealed carry is S&W 38 special. And my home defense is a Ruger Super Blackhawk 44 mag. with 10" barrel.
I have a Ruger Redhawk (double-action) revolver in the .44 magnum caliber, and I enjoy shooting it.

One of my handguns is a Colt model 1911 in the .45 ACP, but I'm thinking about getting a Glock in that same caliber.

Old 04-19-2008, 08:44 AM

13,584 posts, read 21,360,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I took my TC carbine out for the first time today, I won't be showing any groups the rifle was great but the scope sucked, for some reason I thought it was something better, between the scope and not using my rest I shot one inch groups at the best and kept throwing shoots, I've gotten so used to the rest it really messed me up, I did hit gongs at 350 yards. I've now ordered a Simmons prohunter scope and some fine Barns bullets (CA. gotta get the lead out) so next time should be much better, I will remember the rest.
If you guys can keep a good target in the standing position with a scope then hats off to ya.I cannot,the wobble factor is too much for me.I have limited time in using scopes anyway.I keep thinking down the road I'll get some with scopes but I'm so addicted to surplus rifles that keeps me busy.

Most of my time at the range in the last year has been testing new aquired rifles and different ammo so I mainly do a rest position.I did fire off in the standing position mith my M1903a3 a while ago and hit the bowling pins at 100yds consistantly so that was inspiring.

I'll never get sub MOA groups with a milsurp compared to a target rifle specially using factory loads but I do love those history gems.

Old 04-19-2008, 10:43 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,705,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
If you guys can keep a good target in the standing position with a scope then hats off to ya.I cannot,the wobble factor is too much for me.I have limited time in using scopes anyway.I keep thinking down the road I'll get some with scopes but I'm so addicted to surplus rifles that keeps me busy.

Most of my time at the range in the last year has been testing new aquired rifles and different ammo so I mainly do a rest position.I did fire off in the standing position mith my M1903a3 a while ago and hit the bowling pins at 100yds consistantly so that was inspiring.

I'll never get sub MOA groups with a milsurp compared to a target rifle specially using factory loads but I do love those history gems.
They are so fun to have and shoot! Military weapons show and shoot at the club tomarrow. Gonna shoot my *** type 99 for the first time. Taking my K43 and the k98 as well as the ARs and Aks. Will also take the PPSh.. everyone but me will get to fire the thing Just got a case of tannerite explodeing tarkets! everyone should try them if you can..... what a KICK!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-20-2008, 05:05 PM

7,913 posts, read 930,776 times
We have a few guns that my great grandfather gave us i dont know what they are but i thought that you guys would be intrested in see a picture of them.

Old 04-20-2008, 11:58 PM

1,949 posts, read 6,450,709 times
Default military surplus firearms

I like curio & relic firearms

mostly World War One and World War Two era

Old 04-21-2008, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by me0123 View Post
We have a few guns that my great grandfather gave us i dont know what they are but i thought that you guys would be intrested in see a picture of them.

I'll see what I can find out for you.Keep in the family though because those are heirlooms.

Old 04-21-2008, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bolo View Post
I like curio & relic firearms

mostly World War One and World War Two era
I'm going milsurp insane.I really need to stop for the rest of the year,I'm dipping into funds I swore I'd keep at a certain level but.............

this weekend I won on auction a HRA collectors grade Garand,a M1903a3 with beautiful wood and metal with cartouches and muzzle measured at 1.

Last week I got another M1917 Winchester,and I'm currently watching a Remington M1903.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting