U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 10-24-2008, 08:23 AM

5,826 posts, read 5,610,745 times
I recently got the Cobra .380 in pink, but it's too hard for me to handle. I had a heck of a time loading the clip. The man who owns the store tried to show me how it works and he had trouble with it, too. So he'll exchange it for a Taurus .38 - in pink. That'll be a special order for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 10-26-2008, 10:45 AM

1,894 posts, read 3,500,413 times
You'll like the 38. I prefer a revolver over a pistol. Less finiky for cleaning,less chance it won't go off when you want it to.

Unread 10-26-2008, 04:20 PM

9,999 posts, read 12,071,453 times
Did some more paper plate shooting at 100yds today.Had a mix of a good day and a bad one.

Good one because I was amazed at my Lee Enfield,2nd volley I did after warming up was great.Can't ask for much better than that with a old surplus rifle,iron sights and factory ammo.This is only the second time taking it out after zeroing it in last time.

My Swedish mauser did pretty good also.

Bad news is I recently bought a Swedish mauser carbine and the firing pin isn't striking the cartridge and I bought a Italian Carcano and after the 2nd shot the bolt freezed up.So I need to find a gunsmith.

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa45/lionking_rocks/enfields/th_003.jpg (broken link)

Unread 10-26-2008, 09:22 PM

1,252 posts, read 2,074,497 times
I like handguns like the GI M1911A1 .45 auto pistols

Unread 10-27-2008, 02:25 AM

9,496 posts, read 9,654,558 times
The Lee Enfield was the first center fire rifle I bought, I bought it from a guy in Washington, I still own it, it had been sporterized, it never seemed to like 150 grain bullets but I found some 174grn. hornedays to load and wow that thing shoots good.

Unread 10-29-2008, 06:29 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,455,321 times
Did some shooting Sunday myself.
Needed to shoot a couple new to me revolvers, a Ruger bisley Vaquero & a Ruger single six.

They both shot pretty well but the single six I think needs some trigger work.

I brought along a few rifles as well. I accumulate Marlins & brought my 1955 336 30/30, a model 1889 32/20 & my 1895 45/70. No pics of the 45/70 tho.

336 I restored & customized.

1889 I restored,

My son practicing gun control, he looks awkward but thats because he's trying to keep the brass on the bench. Thats the deal, he can shoot anything he wants as long as he dont go flinging my brass all over the place.

My 30/30 I hadn't shot in awhile. It likes a load of 36 gr BLC2 under a 150 grain bullet.
The first target shows a 3 shot group a tad high, after I adjusted my sight it came down as it was suposed to but printed a little right. The second target was after adjusting left. I almost tinkered more to move it right a tiny bit but decided against it. For my eyes thats a good group with open sights at 50 yards.

Unread 10-31-2008, 12:00 PM

40,539 posts, read 17,807,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Did some more paper plate shooting at 100yds today.Had a mix of a good day and a bad one.

Good one because I was amazed at my Lee Enfield,2nd volley I did after warming up was great.Can't ask for much better than that with a old surplus rifle,iron sights and factory ammo.This is only the second time taking it out after zeroing it in last time.

My Swedish mauser did pretty good also.

Bad news is I recently bought a Swedish mauser carbine and the firing pin isn't striking the cartridge and I bought a Italian Carcano and after the 2nd shot the bolt freezed up.So I need to find a gunsmith.
LionKing, I'd get that Carcano fixed, and get rid of it, they're not high quality rifles. the Swedish Mauser is definitely worth fixing and keeping.

Nice groups on that Enfield!

Unread 10-31-2008, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
LionKing, I'd get that Carcano fixed, and get rid of it, they're not high quality rifles. the Swedish Mauser is definitely worth fixing and keeping.

Nice groups on that Enfield!
I'll get it fixed but I'll keep it,unless it is unfixable.I have 2 and the other one shoots and performs good.Plus they are my WW2 Italian examples,all I need now is a Japanese Arisaka in 6.5mm and 7.7mm and I'll have all the main types of rifles used in WW2.

If I can't get it fixed well I paid $150 for it so no big loss.Yeah that Enfield is pretty incredible,it is tied with my one Springfield Garand as being my most accurate milsurp.

In celebration of the Dems probably coming into office I am getting (on the way) a Uzi and a old school AR15 SP1 while I still can.Maybe a FAL also.

Great pics Tim!Rugers are great revolvers

Last edited by lionking; 10-31-2008 at 02:33 PM..

Unread 10-31-2008, 02:30 PM

131,707 posts, read 39,396,992 times
I regret the day now that I sold my old 30-40 Craig with the long barrel. I custom loaded for it and shot targets using the open sights. Never did any mods to it.

Unread 11-02-2008, 05:27 PM

I sighted in my beloved today.Well I have a couple beloved what can I say,I am a harem kind of guy but oh do I love my M1A Springfield.

Truth be told being so busy with milsurps I had her on standby for a while but today after last time seeing the groups were way low brought it into the black,and Im oh so happy with the results.Yeah a couple flyers,we'll just ignore those ok?

Got some Federal 150gr Power shok ammo and while I may still have to adjust one click up I am happy with the photos see below.......click to enlarge

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting