Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2009, 07:53 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,910,840 times

Advertisements

I'm sure the price of that shotgun is a little unrealistic for the average person. The Saiga is extremely popular though. It is based on the AK-47 design. IZHMASH Saiga-12 Shotguns
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2009, 01:31 PM

1,326 posts, read 2,581,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Wold View Post
Be sure to read about this upcoming bill.

Would you really register all you firearms with the IRS as is suggested to be required next year...

I do a lot of target practice and also hope to get back into SASS.

Happy trails,,,and spread the word and call your rep's etc.
Even call the Capital..

HW
I believe this is an old senate bill that was introduced in 1999 or 2000. It's been circulating recently all over the internet and has no basis in fact at this time. (Although, it could certainly come back at any time.).

SASS used to be a lot of fun, but it's not the game it used to be. Don't know how long you've been out of it, but it's gradually changed over time to more of a "how fast can you hit big targets with tiny loads"-type game. There are short-stroked rifles and pistols and many external modifications allowed now. My wife and I are about to give it up, since we shoot big calibers and like to actually use our sights. Dress is now a joke, just enough to get by, which means most wear only a long sleeved shirt, jeans and possible suspenders. Most of the real speedsters use lace-up boots. Most other shooting disciplines think SASS is a joke, due to the tiny loads and really, really close targets (i.e. at one club here, pistol targets are around 4 yards and rifle a couple past that. And that's with 20"x20" targets) Think I am dissatisfied? U Betcha!

Old 11-26-2009, 03:38 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,313,098 times
geez the op should of bought a m60
http://www.houseincentralmaine.com/longmountain/classes/M60E4Mod1.jpg (broken link)

Old 11-26-2009, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianSky View Post
That bear thing was a pathetic comment i know.Well people normally use rifles to hunt animals, safer distance u know.
Im 24.
Im not a troll.
45 G.A.P is a girly caliber, not 45 Auto, dont change my words.
As soon as i arrive america ill buy firearms, true.
Grenader launcher thing? whats the problem, ive seen in arizona people shooting antiairguns and cannons, things like that:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z05UF_pTYAE
Dont treat me like a noob cause man, we all know here in city data there are the "most glorious & deadly acknowledge experts on earth" in firearms, but u have to forgive me if i offended you with my comments...
Thx.

P.S: (Please dont shoot, im my mothers only son)
wth do you need such stopping power for in a hand gun to hunt you will never get close enough th sneak up on it to get a good shot off those high powered hand guns are for back up plus do you know how much some of these guns cost. good luck getting a firearm with a russian ID. and what the hell you need anti air craft guns for and grenade lauchers which you cannot buy because it is not gun.

Old 11-26-2009, 03:53 PM

that video is shot just outside of vegas were you rent the guns to shoot at the range full auto guns have been banned so the old ones cost alot you did not think you couls just into a store and buy a mini-gun for hunting or a 75mm tank gun for home defense what are you rambo geez the biggest gun i own is a old double barrel 12 gauge that my granfather gave me and 2 .22 rifles and short one long and a .308 the .22 are great cause you can shoot at the all day at the range for cheap and the 12 gauge is the best home defense weapon.

Last edited by GTOlover; 11-26-2009 at 04:03 PM..

Old 12-02-2009, 11:22 PM

3,051 posts, read 11,591,064 times
Over this past weekend, I ordered some new magazines for my AR15-22 from Black Dog Machine. There were on sale (~$20 each, regularly $35), and when I added them to my "shopping cart," I also received a $25 discount in addition to the sale price. The discount I received was part of their current promotion of 25% off orders of $100 or more. Talk about a sweet deal! I ended up getting five of them, including shipping, for less than $90.

On top of that, they shipped quickly, and I received them within 3 working days, even though I'm about 1000 miles (or more) from where they shipped from.

BDM made the original magazine I got with my .22LR conversion, and it has worked well so far. I expect these new mags will work equally well.

The promotion they are having lasts until January 3, 2010. I thought there may be others on the forum that could benefit from this deal. If you're looking for magazines for AR type rifles with .22LR conversions, this is an excellent opportunity to take advantage of a great deal.

Edit to add: These magazines can be easily disassembled for cleaning, by removing 5 screws with an allen wrench. Reassembly is equally easy.

Last edited by jdavid93225; 12-02-2009 at 11:30 PM..

Old 12-02-2009, 11:31 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times
Black Dog Machine is a good company with which to do business.

Old 12-03-2009, 06:46 AM

8,942 posts, read 20,367,927 times
Has anyone here ever had a right side rotator cuff surgery (shoulder) and still shoot a rifle? I have an adjustable pad that wife/I bought for that area of my right shoulder, but there isn't enough padding in it. We bought the pad for comfort a couple of years before I even had the surgery. Earlier this year, I noticed a little bruising on my shoulder after shooting our shotgun at the Range. I have folded up a small towel to put under the adj. pad in hopes that that will stop the bruising the next time I use the shotgun. With only the adj. pad on, I think I will also get bruising from firing our 30-30 at the Range also.
Suggestions, please.
Thanks guys!

Old 12-03-2009, 07:08 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Has anyone here ever had a right side rotator cuff surgery (shoulder) and still shoot a rifle? I have an adjustable pad that wife/I bought for that area of my right shoulder, but there isn't enough padding in it. We bought the pad for comfort a couple of years before I even had the surgery. Earlier this year, I noticed a little bruising on my shoulder after shooting our shotgun at the Range. I have folded up a small towel to put under the adj. pad in hopes that that will stop the bruising the next time I use the shotgun. With only the adj. pad on, I think I will also get bruising from firing our 30-30 at the Range also.
Suggestions, please.
Thanks guys!
Get a good shooting jacket. One designed for high power rifle shooters. Even people without shoulder problems use them for the big stuff, especially in competition. You might be able to find a good military surplus one,but you can try Cabela's, Bass Pro Shops, Midway, Dillon etc as well.

Old 12-03-2009, 07:35 AM

418 posts, read 1,089,985 times
Three inch spray at a 100 yards that's better than I can do. Have a Winchester mod 94 30/30, Henry Lever action 22, Taurus PT22,and a 1858 remington new army black powder 44mm.
My favorite is the Henry, very accurate and smooth action.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting