Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What should the general public be allowed to posses?
Anything, including weapons that the Gov doesn't have. 137 65.55%
Restricted to what Gov has. 31 14.83%
Restricted to far less than what the Gov has. 23 11.00%
Restricted to hunting rifles and shotguns only. 21 10.05%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 209. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 05:11 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,154,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
The Constitution states there will be no restrictions, yet we have allowed our government to put any restrictions they want on us. Wait until Obama is re-elected, we will be lucky to still have guns when he gets done with American.

or war of some kind. I know alot of people that would love to see a state secede and force the feds to try and stop it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2012, 08:04 AM

3,244 posts, read 7,428,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
or war of some kind. I know alot of people that would love to see a state secede and force the feds to try and stop it.
Though there are a few states I wish would secede, the feds could stop it in no time flat.
Also, that nice state called 'Kansas' has the ability to obliterate just about anywhere. North Dakota is no slouch either.

Old 04-26-2012, 06:23 PM

748 posts, read 1,473,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Come on up to Wyoming. We have open carry and I see it and have done it numerous times. I have went shopping down town with a locked and loaded .45 on my hip, never received a bad look and nobody questioned me.

Also, there is no permit or license required to carry concealed.
You know, you make me want to move to Wyoming more and more. There space up there for one more person??

Old 04-26-2012, 07:03 PM

18,700 posts, read 41,929,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by losttechnician View Post
You know, you make me want to move to Wyoming more and more. There space up there for one more person??
Well, we only got a shade over 500,000 in the entire state. Last fall when I went Elk Hunting, I saw another truck but didn't encounter anybody on the mountain. I hunt deer and never leave the porch. Same with geese. Antelope I have to run down the road a ways because they don't hand around here.

A few years ago I invited a friend to come up here. I told him that East of town was best, but he wanted to hunt the Mountains to the West. The Boon and Crocket record was taken just East of town about 15 miles.

No carry permit required, concealed or open.

Old 04-27-2012, 05:04 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,154,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSparkle928 View Post
Though there are a few states I wish would secede, the feds could stop it in no time flat.
Also, that nice state called 'Kansas' has the ability to obliterate just about anywhere. North Dakota is no slouch either.

if it is planned, then the feds would not even be able to stop it at all. wait until you have some national guard troops have their training week and are in charge of a missle control building and you could end up having a state be in charge of their own nuclear power.

I dont think the feds would be able to do anything at all.

Old 04-27-2012, 07:36 PM

17,138 posts, read 56,828,659 times
I agree that any free American should be able to own whatever weapon they want, and will raise you this: If it were up to me, all American adults, male and female alike, older than say 25 and younger than 65, who are not otherwise already assigned to a weapons system in the military, should be REQUIRED to have an M-16, and I don't know at least a couple hundred rounds of ball ammo, and be REQUIRED to fire a qualifying score annually. And be part of an organized militia, like Switzerland has. And be required to be "ready to rock" within 12 hours of notification. Otherwise be relegated to some sort of 2nd class citizenship, no vote. Exceptions of course for people not physically or mentally able to do it, but anyone with a physical problem should be assigned a support job that they can do.

And, furthermore, should be ENCOURAGED to shoot competitively, and/or to learn whatever other systems they have an interest in, and can learn.

"It ain't the arrow, it's the Indian!"

Old 04-28-2012, 07:14 AM

748 posts, read 1,473,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Well, we only got a shade over 500,000 in the entire state. Last fall when I went Elk Hunting, I saw another truck but didn't encounter anybody on the mountain. I hunt deer and never leave the porch. Same with geese. Antelope I have to run down the road a ways because they don't hand around here.

A few years ago I invited a friend to come up here. I told him that East of town was best, but he wanted to hunt the Mountains to the West. The Boon and Crocket record was taken just East of town about 15 miles.

No carry permit required, concealed or open.
Well, if I were to move, there would have to be a way to make a living doing what I enjoy doing. I'm real lucky to have that now, so living somewhere else is mostly a comfortable dream. As for visiting though, I hear your state calling to me.

Old 04-30-2012, 07:28 AM

3,244 posts, read 7,428,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
if it is planned, then the feds would not even be able to stop it at all. wait until you have some national guard troops have their training week and are in charge of a missle control building and you could end up having a state be in charge of their own nuclear power.

I dont think the feds would be able to do anything at all.
Go look up the definition of 'boomer' subs, like a Trident, and you would see they wouldn't stand a chance (Only been on one once). Where do you think most of our firepower is?

Old 04-30-2012, 07:45 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,388,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSparkle928 View Post
Go look up the definition of 'boomer' subs, like a Trident, and you would see they wouldn't stand a chance (Only been on one once). Where do you think most of our firepower is?
You are assuming that those sailors would fire on their countrymen.

Old 04-30-2012, 09:51 AM

1,479 posts, read 5,070,996 times
White phosphorus and high explosive ammo stored haphazardly by some knucklehead on every residential block - what could possibly go wrong?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting