U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 06:52 PM

430 posts, read 1,015,529 times

Advertisements

This rifle looks pretty interesting, I just want you guy's opinions on it and how you think it would cost to build. I think it's a brilliant build/idea, here's the video of it in action.
A rifle called "Fugly" - YouTube
Discuss.
[like the idiot I am I accidentally posted this thread in the hobbies and recreation forum].
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2012, 07:16 PM

8,309 posts, read 33,335,973 times
I think that would probably cost exactly the same as a Del-Ton or DPMS kit.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:24 PM

134 posts, read 97,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Miaugie View Post
This rifle looks pretty interesting, I just want you guy's opinions on it and how you think it would cost to build. I think it's a brilliant build/idea, here's the video of it in action.

A rifle called "Fugly" - YouTube
Discuss.
[like the idiot I am I accidentally posted this thread in the hobbies and recreation forum].
I've never seen one dolled up like that before. Let's put it this way, I doubt it's a few hundred bucks. There's some cash involved in that build. How much, I am not sure without looking it up and checking prices. It's unique for sure.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:30 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,415,357 times
it would appear he has taken a russian m44 and put on a folding stock and a scope.
if u do this in CA u will be thrown under the bus, see assault weapon penal code. title 11 CA code of regs sect 971-972.3.
the m44 is a fantastic weapon mostly used to shoot deserters on the russian front. fits nicely in the seat of the truck. u dont need a scope for that. the iron sights on it are dead on, 1st time up every shot in the center. the rounds are so strong most ranges wont even let u use it.
another unsung genius invention of the russians.

Old 04-23-2012, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
it would appear he has taken a russian m44 and put on a folding stock and a scope.
if u do this in CA u will be thrown under the bus, see assault weapon penal code. title 11 CA code of regs sect 971-972.3.
the m44 is a fantastic weapon mostly used to shoot deserters on the russian front. fits nicely in the seat of the truck. u dont need a scope for that. the iron sights on it are dead on, 1st time up every shot in the center. the rounds are so strong most ranges wont even let u use it.
another unsung genius invention of the russians.
It looks like the barrel has been chopped and a flash hider or muzzle break has been added. The pistol grip in the back was too. That scope is a tactical front mount. It looks like maybe even a rail has been added someway. There's some money invested in that build.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:26 PM

25,631 posts, read 29,117,065 times
Reminds me of when people used to supe up ford pintos and vegas.

Why oh why oh why.

Yeah definitely not in Kali. But looks like OP is in VA.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Reminds me of when people used to supe up ford pintos and vegas.

Why oh why oh why.

Yeah definitely not in Kali. But looks like OP is in VA.
The guy in the video is "kinda" a gunsmith. He's got a lot of videos up on the Tube. When I first watched some of his videos I thought he was just an Uncle Earl redneck type at first. The more I see of his stuff, I'm starting to not think so anymore. He does have some knowledge and skill under his belt. His projects are a little odd or different but he always seems to get the job done. I'm starting to like this guy! He's very clever and out of the ordinary. He Jerryrigs a lot of his gunsmithing shop and tools out of nearly garage junk as well.

Parkerizing and Duracoat Part 1- Sandblasting - YouTube

Parkerizing and Duracoat Part 2- The Parkerizing Process - YouTube

Old 04-24-2012, 01:31 AM

55,237 posts, read 72,415,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD250 View Post
It looks like the barrel has been chopped and a flash hider or muzzle break has been added. The pistol grip in the back was too. That scope is a tactical front mount. It looks like maybe even a rail has been added someway. There's some money invested in that build.
messed up what was already a good weapon.

Old 04-24-2012, 06:25 AM

18,794 posts, read 13,583,139 times
I hate that word 'tactical' but for any tactical (read combat) use, I think a semi-auto would be much prefered over a bolt action. MW defines tactic as 'planning or maneuvering to accomplish a purpose.' So tactics lie in the brain, or maybe in a training manual--not in the gun itself.

Old 04-24-2012, 10:09 AM

25,631 posts, read 29,117,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD250 View Post
The guy in the video is "kinda" a gunsmith. He's got a lot of videos up on the Tube. When I first watched some of his videos I thought he was just an Uncle Earl redneck type at first. The more I see of his stuff, I'm starting to not think so anymore. He does have some knowledge and skill under his belt. His projects are a little odd or different but he always seems to get the job done. I'm starting to like this guy! He's very clever and out of the ordinary. He Jerryrigs a lot of his gunsmithing shop and tools out of nearly garage junk as well.

Parkerizing and Duracoat Part 1- Sandblasting - YouTube

Parkerizing and Duracoat Part 2- The Parkerizing Process - YouTube
Dont get me wrong, I am sure the guy is good at what he does. My point was why?

The dudes I knew who modified their pintos did a great job. But in the end it was still a pinto that went faster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting