Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 10:05 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
I seen several bucks with forks today at 2000 feet. All still in the velvet. One of them said he was first in my deep freeze.
Time to go get a second tag..... CA needs as much revenue as they can get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2012, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Ya, I gave him the bidness. On a side note all my buddies giving me carp about NOT going to El Centro for dove are getting their rears handed to them by that storm. HA
Yeah. I have to wait until next week for Dove. I'm missing the opener for....wait for it....... Yeah thats right ladies and gentleman youth sports.....Cross Country to be precise.

Every year for the last 4 years its the same. Watching my teens run around some suburban park or county fair grounds in the morning while listening to the boom.... boom... boom off in the distance.

Old 08-30-2012, 12:35 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
My buddy had 3 does in his front yard this am, may have to move my stands LOL
These 'stands' gonna have doors and windows with curtains?

I have never heard of hunting bucks in velvet before, and in southern Cal it's hot right now and will be a long time ahead.

In NH we wait till in November so it's cold... No velvet bucks then either.... How strange.....

Old 08-30-2012, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
These 'stands' gonna have doors and windows with curtains?

I have never heard of hunting bucks in velvet before, and in southern Cal it's hot right now and will be a long time ahead.

In NH we wait till in November so it's cold... No velvet bucks then either.... How strange.....
It's because of the multiple climates here in California. Last time I checked I don't remember any below sea level deserts or mountain ranges over 10,000 feet in NH.

Also you are hunting Whitetail. In California we hunt six different sub species of deer from Rocky Mountain and Desert Mulies to California and Columbian Blacktail. Not to mention all the cross breeds. From what I understand there have even been sighting of Whitetail/Mule deer cross breeds in the extreme NorthEast portion of the state.

Old 08-30-2012, 02:12 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,605,568 times
Our deer here are no bigger than a German Shepard with long legs.

I do have two tags this year.

Old 08-30-2012, 05:21 PM

Quote:

LOL, you need to go a little higher. or wait until the end of the season and hope a couple of storms drive the big boys off the Sierra Crest.

Also one of the biggest deer 250lbs I have ever seen taken in D5 came out of a cabbage patch and that place is like a jungle. It was opening weekend and the general season and 85 degrees.

Old 08-31-2012, 09:21 AM

50,245 posts, read 47,005,641 times
Quote:

For whatever reason there are these huge mulies within City limits but we can't hunt them. I've seen 2 now (hit by cars) that matched the mulies we got in CO. Once I climb up out East they start shrinking fast. The last Deer I shot I boned out to less than 30 lbs of meat.

Old 08-31-2012, 10:56 AM

Nope NH has no deserts, but Maine has one. NH has no place below sea level either, and our little mountains are only 6,288ft at best. But our deer are bigger than a dog.

So far I am unaware of any other deer here than white tails. Down in mass there is some asian deer that were once considered lawn ornaments, but they tend to stay down there on the beaches. They have been there since the late 1800's so I guess can't inter breed...... Not really sure why not.

The comment on seeing 3 deer in someone door yard was what caused my wise crack. I know of a few deer that have been taken from the 'Throne Stand', but not mine

Old 08-31-2012, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Nope NH has no deserts, but Maine has one. NH has no place below sea level either, and our little mountains are only 6,288ft at best. But our deer are bigger than a dog.

So far I am unaware of any other deer here than white tails. Down in mass there is some asian deer that were once considered lawn ornaments, but they tend to stay down there on the beaches. They have been there since the late 1800's so I guess can't inter breed...... Not really sure why not.

The comment on seeing 3 deer in someone door yard was what caused my wise crack. I know of a few deer that have been taken from the 'Throne Stand', but not mine
Tin Knocker walks around his neighborhood after work and shoots them between people houses. Crazy whitetails. Bout time for him to show up and start bragging about it.

Old 08-31-2012, 02:24 PM

I wonder how that works?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting