Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2012, 09:07 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times

Advertisements

I picked up a copy of Gun World, which I rarely read, and this article about various ways to 'tame the tiger' (shotgun recoil) caught my eye.
TAMING THE TIGER - Some innovative ways to reduce 12-gauge recoil - Gun World Magazine

The writer heaped the most enthusiasm on the Mesa Tactical stock. It uses a 'hydraulic recoil buffer' to make shotgun recoil seem less sharp. I favor a shotgun for home defense but am a small guy at about 5'7" and prolly just under 130 lbs after running the Seattle Marathon yesterday. I have been thinking of trying out the awesome new Keltec KSG, but the reviews I've seen said that the recoil was daunting.

The writer says about the Mesa stock: "Words cannot describe the pleasant experience of shooting full-power loads using the Mesa recoil-reducing stock...."

This makes me think that maybe I should just stick w/ my Mossberg shotgun, and get one of these Mesa butt stocks. Anybody have knowledge of, or experience w/ these stocks? Any downside? I've learned over the years to take gushing gun mag articles with a grain of salt. Incidentally, I enjoyed the issue of Gun World and will pick it up again. It had several nice articles, including a good piece on the 6.5 Creedmoor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2012, 10:18 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
I'm 6'3 285lbs and it does make a big difference. I don't have one but a buddy does on his mossy 12ga.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting