Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 06:15 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,106,149 times

Advertisements

With this post what kind of a point are you trying to make other than there are people in Florida that don't know shyt from shinola? Tell me live in Florida and I'll understand some of your senseless posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2013, 10:53 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,224,599 times
That's his right I suppose. Personally, I think it's idiotic, from a business standpoint. What are you left with? Junk and stolen merchandise from the crackheads and lowlifes that use pawn shops.

Old 01-07-2013, 05:31 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,366,059 times
pawnshop owner with a heart... babababwaaahahahahahahahaa

good stuff right there....

Old 01-08-2013, 03:11 AM

4,153 posts, read 9,266,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
It's great to be where we have the choices. I'd rather him decide then the US Govt take away his right.
The Government can not ban firearms alone, especially through the use of an EO...it needs the people to follow suit. England is a good example, they did not ban firearms outright, instead they banned a select few. The people volunteered to give up the rest.

Anyhow, I realized this stems from the mass fear of President Obama banning firearms but this isn't possible. Why didn't President Clinton issue an EO banning AWs instead of going to Congress with a bill? He knew EO's are limited and only dictate the Executive Branch. Although law and superceeds congress, EOs can be challenged in court, usually on grounds that they deviate from Congresses intent or exceeds the Presidents Constitutional rights.

Old 01-08-2013, 05:08 AM

88 posts, read 103,024 times
Its a gamble right now if you need some stock. Do you pay stupid prices and if things get banned you may not see them at even these stupid prices again? Or do you wait and hope prices fall back in a year. There will be one very hard push for the next two months to ban some things. I think they are going for the brass ring and if it fails they will say lets at least ban hi cap mags. The mags are the most valunaralbe right now. If they ban them outright from any ownership you just have to put them away in a box and not take them out. It kind of defeats the pourpose of having them. Banning hi cap mags is not going to do much to stop another shooting.

This last shooting spree has done more to put gun ownership in danger than anything we have ever seen. The house is not I believe going to pass any new gun laws and I can see filibusters in the senate. But if Obama wants to push the EO he could pass something that could cause a lot of trouble for a few years.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:41 AM

19,620 posts, read 12,218,208 times
Mr. James is free to replace his gun display with neti pots, yoga mats and Hello Kitty merchandise. He can be the kind and gentle pawn shop owner.

Old 06-24-2013, 03:22 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,194,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Pipes View Post
It seems that even the sellers of guns are having a change of heart about that business..........

"Frank James, owner of Loanstar Jewelry and Pawn, said that as he watched the news of the Newtown shootings, “I basically broke into tears and looked up on the wall, seeing the types of firearms I am selling,” and decided that he could no longer continue to sell the kinds of weapons that were used to kill first-graders."

Read more at Florida Pawn Shop Owner Will Sell No More Guns Forever "

business will go down. also, any firearms that were pawned, will have to be returned if the owner pays the loan back. he doesn't have a choice in that.

Old 06-24-2013, 04:12 PM

4,569 posts, read 5,670,073 times
Post His ploy for free publicity has failed miserably.

I think the owner was banking on the free publicity helping his business more than restricting his trade would hurt. Does not seem to have worked, just the one blip of free coverage in January and one Yelp review for his pawn shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posted on January 8th
There will be one very hard push for the next two months to ban some things. I think they are going for the brass ring and if it fails they will say lets at least ban hi cap mags. The mags are the most valunaralbe right now. If they ban them outright from any ownership you just have to put them away in a box and not take them out. It kind of defeats the purpose of having them.
Which is why any sort of ban on magazines or "Black Rifles" without a grandfather clause or "buyback" would immediately be challenged on constitutional grounds (takings), and almost certainly overturned.

Quote:
This last shooting spree has done more to put gun ownership in danger than anything we have ever seen. The house is not I believe going to pass any new gun laws and I can see filibusters in the senate.
Well, it's nearly six months later, and nothing has changed on the federal level.

Quote:
But if Obama wants to push the EO he could pass something that could cause a lot of trouble for a few years.
That's not how an EO works. There is very little Obama could do, other than muck around with imports.

Old 06-24-2013, 04:37 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,862,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Pipes View Post
It seems that even the sellers of guns are having a change of heart about that business..........

"Frank James, owner of Loanstar Jewelry and Pawn, said that as he watched the news of the Newtown shootings, “I basically broke into tears and looked up on the wall, seeing the types of firearms I am selling,” and decided that he could no longer continue to sell the kinds of weapons that were used to kill first-graders."

Read more at Florida Pawn Shop Owner Will Sell No More Guns Forever "
He can do whatever he wants, it's his business that's going to suffer. You also made a reference to "the sellers of guns", it's only one "seller" and his action does not represent the thousands of pawn shops throughout the country.

Pawn shops should not take responsibility if somebody buys a gun and goes on a shooting rampage, and the buyer's criminal background checks out okay at the time they purchased the gun, even though they had mental problems.

The majority of gun buyers who go to pawn shops, or anywhere else to buy guns, are decent law-abiding citizens, the Adam Lanza Newtown case is a very rare occurrence, he did not buy the guns, his mother or father probably did and she did not take the responsibility of storing the weapons away from her mentally disturbed son.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:39 AM

3,727 posts, read 6,222,517 times
Frank James does not like guns? How ironic, with that name would have thought otherwise. According to what the historians tell us, he and brother Jesse were quite adept at killing with their guns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting