Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 11:37 AM

4,098 posts, read 7,104,854 times

Advertisements

I suspect where you live has more of an effect on the value of firearms than anything else. True, a Hipoint pistol will never be worth anything, no matter where you live, but your Sigma should sell for at least $300 in most area's. It has a 12 round magazine if I'm not mistaken, and you have two of these magazines, so that makes it worth a bit more than just the pistol by it's self. That particular gun has a double action trigger, so the trigger pull is never going to be what most of us would call good. It was built with a heavy trigger pull, because like the Glock, it doesn't have a safety, and the pressure on the trigger is what ***** the hammer and then releases it to move forward and strike the firing pin. Those pistols aren't as popular as some, an online auction has only 5 Sigma's listed for sale at this time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2013, 03:29 PM

1,376 posts, read 1,365,874 times
Sigma have 16 round magazines. When I bought mine from my local range (from their supplier) the 16 round models were sold out so I got the 10 round model with two magazines. Later I found a 16 round magazine.

True the trigger is hard but I fixed mine by removing the torsion (pigtail) spring and greasing the sear cam. It's a lot better but still hard enough for safety.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:25 AM

1,229 posts, read 1,147,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hensleya1 View Post
Hi all--

The Sigma was the first handgun I owned and I have had no problems with it other than the awful trigger pull, which negatively affects my shot groups. For that reason I prefer a Glock, but the Sigma's done me just fine (and considering I bought it for $250, excellent bang for the buck).

I wouldn't sell at $220. Those high-capacity magazines are going for $60 a piece, not to mention the gun. I wouldn't sell mine for less than $400 (although I do have three mags).
I paid 400 new of a M&P 9mm with two High cap mags. I would not pay 325 for the Sigma. I also don't hate it but its not worth that kind of cash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting