U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 08:57 PM

2,658 posts, read 10,312,350 times

Advertisements

I have an FNH Pump and Mossberg SPX. I would like a Benelli. I know the M2 has a lighter weight but it also has the Comfort Tech Stock. I have read it feeds any kind of ammo. The M4 is heavier but absorbs recoil better. It does have better reliability with high brass.

I'd like to use the upcoming shotgun for skeet and home defense.

Another question I have: if I buy an extended magazine will I need to follow rules to be 922 compliant?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2013, 09:24 PM
M45

422 posts, read 473,071 times
I have a Benelli M3 and a Mossberg 590 Military/Police in 12 gauge.

The Benelli has a pistol grip stock and ghost ring sights.

The Mossberg 590 has ghost ring sights, bayonet lug (fits any M16/AR15 bayonet....M9, M7, OKC-3S)....

My 590 is parkerized and also has a heat shield.

I like them both, but the Benelli M3 is select fire (semi/pump) both and can be switched back and forth with just a flick of a thumb. It's as cool as cool gets and very unique.

The Benelli M4 would have been my second choice had I not found one of these very rare Benellis.

My buddy also has a M3 and a M2 as well. I've shot the M2 before. It shoots nice and eats nearly everything without issues. High brass, low brass....bird shot, OO Buck.....it doesn't care.

The M2 is way cheaper then the M4 if you can live without some of the tacticool extras. The pistol grip stock similar to my M3 and a rail being two of them.

M4s are very expensive.......makes my $1,350.00 for my M3 seem cheap. Most go over $1,600 from what I remember.......could be is high as 2K in todays market.

That M2 will be much less and give you some of the same features. My PDs standard issue cruiser shotgun is the M2. It's LE approved.....

Answer: Yes!

If you start adding 922r goodies, you need to replace them with USA parts. Keep that foreign parts count down. That means you need at least 6 USA parts.

IE....don't add a pistol grip stock and extended mag tube TOGETHER.

The good news is you can get the M2 with a standard stock......so adding the extended mag tube is legal.

One more thing buddy....then I'll leave you be.

IF your State allows it.....both are available in NFA SBS Class III configurations.

Last edited by M45; 04-29-2013 at 09:57 PM.. Reason: Put all in one

Old 04-30-2013, 03:36 AM

6,662 posts, read 25,613,967 times
I have a Benelli M3, I bought it in 1998. Sweetheart of a shotgun. It loves all ammo without fail.

Old 04-30-2013, 03:54 AM

5,414 posts, read 7,706,672 times
I have not played with an M4, but I just purchased a previously owned Benelli M2 from someone. I will post a few pics and my little review later, as well as what I have heard about the M4. I promise. It's just too late right now for me to make a good, comprehensive and coherent post about it.

Old 04-30-2013, 06:36 AM

1,515 posts, read 739,574 times
I have one of the earlier versions of the Benelli, the M1 supper 90, the predecessor of the other semi-auto Benelli lines. It shoots anything. MY friend has a new Mossberg tactical. Speed wise it is as fast as the Benelli, but it does have its quirks. It only likes high brass, and if you want to load anything more than 5 rounds in it, you have to chamber a round first, but other than that is shoots fine.

I would take the Benelli M2 with the inertia stock over the M4, it may seem odd but the linear transfer of energy is straight back on the non-pistol grip type of stocks, were the pistol grip stocks transfer the energy in to your wrist. Or so I have been told.

If you are looking for a shotgun in the Benelli class, that has the same action as a Benelli; but much less in price, I would look into the new Stoger semi-auto shotguns. There action is so close to Benelli's that from what I understand Benelli is allowing them to be made with their name added to the Stoger shotgun.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:58 AM

What's a good price for a barely used M2?

Thanks for all of the input thus far, Gents.

Old 04-30-2013, 10:24 AM

1,515 posts, read 739,574 times
In Richmond a lightly used Benelli M2 between $1000 - $1150, sometimes less

Old 04-30-2013, 04:44 PM
M45

I did some asking around for you today buddy. The guys say that the brand of mag extension you want for a M2 is Nordic Components. They are supposed to be the best and most reliable. Not the cheapest, but of you want to pull the trigger on a Benelli shotgun....Maverick isn't what you are looking for, nor made in China for $5. lol These run about $70-$80 bucks.

Don't forget about the Remington 1187 Police and 1100 Tactical as another option. These are USA so no 922r laws. You can have the pistol grip stock AND a mag extension.

You can on the Benelli too, you just have to follow 922r compliance laws and have the right number of USA vs Foreign made parts. Remember what the laws says....."Imported with TWO or more of the following". That's a pistol grip stock and mag extension.

Here's a closer look at those Remys.

Another option.......

Old 04-30-2013, 11:41 PM

I already have 3 other shotguns:

Saiga 12 Tactical
Mossberg 930 SPX
FNH Police Tactical

I couldn't find a Nordic in Stock so I ordered one from DMW's shop.

I'm debating upon the Mesa Rail/shell carrier in 6 rounds.

Old 04-30-2013, 11:47 PM
M45

Quote:
Originally Posted by titaniummd View Post
I already have 3 other shotguns:

Saiga 12 Tactical
Mossberg 930 SPX
FNH Police Tactical

I couldn't find a Nordic in Stock so I ordered one from DMW's shop.

I'm debating upon the Mesa Rail/shell carrier in 6 rounds.
I see ^....you don't want a Remy then. You want that hot Italian supermodel with more curves then the railroad tracks.....

Get the Benelli.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting