U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2014, 03:47 PM

1,507 posts, read 1,610,119 times

Advertisements

If it ever gets that bad it would be like owning several guns in Nazi Germany. WTF are you going to do about it? Hold off the attack on your home/bunker for an hour? LOL Guns will do little if it gets that bad here. As I told Norm Olson when I used to go in his gun shop in Alanson and he told me all this we will do this and that. I said if they want to take your group with out a lot of violence they will put up a skirmish line of JD or Johny Walker and most of your guys will drop their SKSs and hit the bottle. If that did not work one F16 and your about 99 percent wiped out. I got sick of hearing what we can not do at the ballot box we will do with the cartridge box. LOL Really?
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2014, 04:54 PM

7,823 posts, read 7,813,981 times
Well, a relatively small number of goatherds with AKs in Afghanistan have been holding their own for the past 12 years against a lot of crack US troops & Marines.

Just sayin.

Old 03-10-2014, 07:12 PM

16,301 posts, read 24,224,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Well, a relatively small number of goatherds with AKs in Afghanistan have been holding their own for the past 12 years against a lot of crack US troops & Marines.

Just sayin.
And sent the Russian army packing with their tail between their legs after 10 years before that.

Old 03-11-2014, 02:46 PM

32,798 posts, read 30,025,534 times
I was on my way hunting, stopped to talk to my fishing buddy at the dock and forgot the set the brake.

Old 03-11-2014, 06:03 PM

9,058 posts, read 5,653,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Does constantly, constantly, CONSTANTLY hearing and reading this bother anyone else? It grates in my head every time I come across it (10+ times a day?) because I consider it a pretty stupid scenario which will not accomplish what the people who constantly use it seem to believe it will accomplish.

In most states, a simple "I sold them to someone who can legally own firearms" is a far more plausible explanation than "oh yeah, I had one of those extremely common "tragic boating accidents" like every other gun owner apparently had."

Or maybe I'm just being a pain.
I agree, its a stupid comment that I've heard way too many times.

Old 03-11-2014, 08:22 PM

7,823 posts, read 7,813,981 times
Well, like any Internet meme it was kinda funny for a while , but then got plumb wore out.

Old 03-17-2014, 12:52 AM

1,789 posts, read 1,345,713 times
Meanwhile somewhere in southern Oklahoma in the not so distant future....

(sound of a door bell)

(middle aged man of medium height walks towards the front door and opens it.)

Justanokie: Well hello officer! What can I do for you?

cop: (wiping chocolate donut icing from the corners of his mouth) We are here to confiscate illegal weapons.

justanokie: Well all I have is an old pump action 870, and an older 6.5 mauser I use for hunting. What is illegal with those?

cop: (eyeing neighbors dog, a Labrador, that is loose in their front yard, swings his eyes back to the perp) huh? oh. What's a "mouser"? Some kind of machine gun?

justanokie: Uh....no. Its a WWII gun...bolt action.

cop: So its a "military" style weapon.

justanokie: Well, I guess so, but like I said, its a single shot. no clip. Perfectly legal to own even with the new presidential orders Obama created in his 3rd term.

cop: (Thinking this perp is some kind of smart mouth) Well we have evidence that you purchased several AR15 lowers, disabled machine gun kits and 80% receivers. Where are they?

justanokie: (thinks briefly back to the location the mentioned guns are buried on a 1000 acre farm) Oh...man I had forgot all about those. You see I was boating on lake texoma a few years back at a gun enthusiast meet up when my boat sank. It was a tragic boating accident.

cop: (eyes tightening, body tensing, showing perps like this whos boss is what he was born to do) Where exactly did this happen?

justanokie: Well it was several years ago and Texoma is a 90,000 acre lake, I'm not real sure. Maybe the southern half?

cop: We will be back with metal detectors and a search warrant.

justanokie: Well, when you do you can look all you want.

cop: (walks away thinking of hurling some threats at the perp when he notices that the neighbors dog is walking towards him, wagging its tail side to side in a threatening manner.) (loudly yells) GET BACK! (the dog stops and looks up at him confused, he pulls his service weapon and yanks the trigger sending the first bullet into a nearby car, the second into the ground but unfortunately the next 4 or 5 hit and kill the dog. The dog owners kids also playing outside come running and crying that their dog just got shot.)

( next morning justanokie reading a news article from the local rag headline "Hero cop puts down vicious dog attack, saved children nearby and awarded a medal for bravery". quote from the cop. "It was some kind pitbull cross and it just charged for no reason. There were kids nearby in danger so I just did what I had to do. Those poor kids I saved were so scared they were crying afterwards")

sorry lol. got carried away

Last edited by justanokie; 03-17-2014 at 01:03 AM..

Old 03-17-2014, 04:49 AM

37,069 posts, read 38,262,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Well, not everybody here lives in New York. We don't need to have boating accidents in Wyoming.
Canoeing and kayaking accident! I've lived next to a river my entire life, it was my backyard when I was growing up. Sacrificed a lot of stuff to the river gods including a wallet, knives, fishing equipment and radio that just happened to playing Ozzy.... "Going after the rails on the cra....blu,blub blub blub". Can't say I have ever lost a gun.

Old 03-26-2014, 08:12 AM

467 posts, read 228,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Does constantly, constantly, CONSTANTLY hearing and reading this bother anyone else? It grates in my head every time I come across it (10+ times a day?) because I consider it a pretty stupid scenario which will not accomplish what the people who constantly use it seem to believe it will accomplish.

In most states, a simple "I sold them to someone who can legally own firearms" is a far more plausible explanation than "oh yeah, I had one of those extremely common "tragic boating accidents" like every other gun owner apparently had."

Or maybe I'm just being a pain.
No, it doesn't really grate on me, but I guess I only hear it from folks who only intend it to be humorous. Occasionally they succeed.

Old 03-26-2014, 09:46 AM

1,991 posts, read 2,057,023 times
I've used it, just trying to be funny. Not all of us are born Brian Regan funny, and sometimes we fall behind on the "what's cool right this second" of humorous sayings and internet meme's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting