Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 06:08 PM

555 posts, read 802,847 times

Advertisements

Cyborg:
Texas ranked #16 on the survey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2014, 06:32 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,479,590 times
Perhaps you are having trouble understanding what I wrote?
Quote:
Texas isn't even close to being as gun-friendly as it thinks it is!
Now, does that say that Texas is last? No, it doesn't...in fact it doesn't say anything except that it is NOT as friendly as IT thinks it is!
You see, The only ranking I gave was one of PERCEPTION....so what does your statement have to do with mine?

Still one of only six no open carry states! 16th is very subjective and still sucks...but to hear Texans tell it they are the number one pro gun state, which is laughable.

Old 06-16-2014, 06:43 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,856,055 times
There are areas in California that are more conservative, like Orange County, but it's mostly areas that are further inland, and unfortunately they all still have to live with the crazy anti-gun laws they pass in the state's capital of Sacramento.

California is a nice place to visit, but as a gun owner, I wouldn't want to live there.

Old 06-16-2014, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
Perhaps you are having trouble understanding what I wrote?
Now, does that say that Texas is last? No, it doesn't...in fact it doesn't say anything except that it is NOT as friendly as IT thinks it is!
You see, The only ranking I gave was one of PERCEPTION....so what does your statement have to do with mine?

Still one of only six no open carry states! 16th is very subjective and still sucks...but to hear Texans tell it they are the number one pro gun state, which is laughable.
I'm not sure if that's the case in only larger metro areas or the entire State of Texas, but I heard that carrying or having a loaded hand-gun in a vehicle is considered a punishable offense.

Old 06-16-2014, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Here's how it goes in AZ. You go to the gun store, pick out a gun. Pay, fill out the 4473, show your id and ccw. Say thanks and leave with your gun..

Carry pretty much whatever you want, wherever you want (some restrictions, mostly federal). Buy two or ten guns if you want.

In Commiefornia, you take a safety test, $25 fee, pay another check fee, buy your gun - your microstamp firing pin gun, with stupid politically required modifications, fill out various forms, wait 10 days or maybe two weeks now, register your gun, and can't buy more than one a month, so forget those wish list guns that appear suddenly. Then enjoy your ten round bullet button semi-auto, or black powder.

And don't bother trying to get a ccw in most counties, and you can't open carry. But yeah CA is a swell place, send me a postcard.
I am glad to be an Arizona native, a state which has been very pro-Second Amendment since it joined the union in 1912, and I definitely hope it stays that way, since in the last 5 years or so, I've seen a lot of Californians moving to Arizona, probably because it's getting too expensive to live there, and many that were getting tired of the general political climate that seems to be getting worse.

Old 06-16-2014, 07:53 PM

Cyborg:
Even the Guns and Ammo survey editor noted that about Texas: he said that Texas considers itself the most gun-friendly state but be surprised at their ranking. Still 16 isn't bad: it was virtually tied with neighbors Louisiana and Mississippi. (17 and 18).

Maybe though the 16 ranking will shame some Texas legislators into action to go for the Number 1 spot before 2014's rankings are compiled!

Old 06-16-2014, 08:02 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,479,590 times
As far as I'm concerned, AZ is the #1 gun friendliest state.

FWIW, I can't even find a place in Midland Texas to go shooting! One range with a $200 annual fee....that's it so far.

Don't even mention going out of town to shoot in open land....it ain't gonna happen around here.

Old 06-16-2014, 08:05 PM

Mike:
That's becoming the same problem in Washington, and it's sad to see a place like California going the same way. Like you mentioned, Washington was up until even a few years ago a very friendly 2nd-Amendment state, but the Seattle-Tacoma Metro Area's increasing domination of state politics is eroding the situation rapidly.

The same thing BTW, is happening to conservationism here. The environmental extremists have turned a state that was once a model of conservationism and wildlife management into a complete disaster. But that's another story...

Old 06-16-2014, 09:41 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,263,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawk4440 View Post
I have a business of my own where I do some work connected to firearms and am a gun owner.
^

These words and the word California don't mix or belong in the same sentence together.

Old 06-16-2014, 09:58 PM

3,106 posts, read 3,986,661 times
I'm moving to NW AR, and have been very pleased with that state's laws thusfar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting