U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 04:23 AM

3,806 posts, read 8,515,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deutmark View Post
I'm italian and I will move permanently to south carolina in a couple of months (green card holder).
It's hard for a foreigner to understand, and to take a course for CCW ?
I have several guns in italy, and I shoot every week (practical shooting), so it's not a matter of safety or handling a gun; my concern are laws and rules.
I'll add a link to the state law enforcement site (SLED), for add'l info on the permits/rules here in SC.

South Carolina Law Enforcement Division

Also, i see at least one place here in the area (PSA) has added the "Utah cwp" option, there may be others in the state doing that as well if one wants/needs further coverage.
For reference, here's a link to their cwp courses at their various locations.

CWP - Training

As for the SC permit, i havent taken the class yet to say what is offered in it for class time, i likely will skip it for now as we'll be moving back home to WI and i'll just continue that training once there.

Good luck on the move!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2014, 04:35 AM

3,806 posts, read 8,515,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I don't know the criteria for your state, but as I said in the OP, my experience was more of a class that familiarized a newbie to firearms. If I want more extensive training, including self defense strategies, we were told we'd have to sign up for additional classes not mandated by the state..... which kind of makes no sense to me, but whatever.

I'm seriously considering more training, namely the NRA course "Personal Protection Outside The Home"

The classes in your state might be different though.

Also, if your interested in learning more about the laws in your state concerning CC, the attorney general usually has a book published on their web site, and local sheriffs stations usually have print copies of that same book.
yeah i think for one like myself, who has been in and around guns on occasions over the years (meaning i've done some shooting but not any hunter/owner) but only the past 1.5 years been a handgun owner/shooter, it's probably taking me more time and decision making before just jumping into actually carrying. I realize there is much more to all this then just being good at the range (i can be decent enough actually), so am taking small steps in all this.
You are right though, does seem a little odd (to me anyway) a basic class can allow one to carry, but add'l training to be more effective and safe is always recommended to those who dont have good experience levels...

Old 06-19-2014, 10:24 AM

6,662 posts, read 25,352,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Check It Out Guys!!! My First Official Training Certificate!!!
I had one of these back in 1971 to make getting my hunting license easier to get.

Old 06-19-2014, 01:03 PM

25,631 posts, read 29,130,726 times
Got one in 83'. Didnt need it for ccw back then but I thought it was a good thing to do at the time. Also got the rifle one as well in 80'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or