U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 11:39 AM

15,194 posts, read 17,703,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Ha, get ready to start your holster collection. Every CCW carrier has one. I have 3 until I found one that I liked, I'm probably an exception, others may have a dozen. I did IWB for a few months, but I found out that I really didn't need one and my OWB conceals fine over a baggy tshirt.

Anyways I would add this to the IWB holsters to check out: Crossbreed Supertuck. I've never tried it but they are very highly reviewed for comfort and quality in the various dedicated gun forums. Galco also has a cheaper copy cat model of this as well.
Took the words out of my mouth.

You WILL end up with more than one holster.

I have two Supertuck holsters, and while I don't typically use them (I prefer OWB carry), they are by far the most comfortable IWB holsters I've ever tried.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2014, 10:50 AM

10 posts, read 8,095 times
It really depends on where on your body you want to carry. Crossbreed, Bianchi, Simply Rugged and Deltech Force are some of my favorites.

Old 06-26-2014, 05:23 PM

13,951 posts, read 10,327,031 times
Thanks everyone for their advice. I think I'm going to go ahead with Crossbreed as my first IWB rig. I've heard nothing but good reviews so far. They are pretty pricey, but to hear everyone else talk, may as well spend the money the first time around to avoid wasting money trying out a lot of other holsters that I'll never use.

Keep up the recommendations if you have any more though. I've been checking them all out as they are being posted. Still waiting for my permit to go through, so no immediate rush.

Old 06-27-2014, 05:46 AM

Don't know..... now I'm kinda taking a closer look at the Alien Gear holsters. They have great reviews to, and they cost about half the price of Crossbreed.

Old 06-28-2014, 05:53 AM

3,806 posts, read 8,522,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Don't know..... now I'm kinda taking a closer look at the Alien Gear holsters. They have great reviews to, and they cost about half the price of Crossbreed.
I was going to list Alien Gear, not from experience but from the # of positive reviews/suggestions for them I see on a S&W forum. High Noon Holsters seem to pop up there as well, but Alien Gear with it's solid pricing and warranty would likely be the 1st place i'd start with for my 1st holster. Especially if it is true that one ends up with multiple holsters in their 'collection'.

Old 06-28-2014, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger17 View Post
I was going to list Alien Gear, not from experience but from the # of positive reviews/suggestions for them I see on a S&W forum. High Noon Holsters seem to pop up there as well, but Alien Gear with it's solid pricing and warranty would likely be the 1st place i'd start with for my 1st holster. Especially if it is true that one ends up with multiple holsters in their 'collection'.
The only downside I've really heard about them is they have really inconsistent shipping methods. One said his took six weeks to arrive, others have said they've got them in seven or eight days. Most people say it takes awhile though.

Old 06-28-2014, 04:35 PM

190 posts, read 143,728 times
I have a bunch of holsters. Then I bought a Crossbreed Supertuck and quit looking. I have four or so for various handguns. I would not have wasted so much money if I had bought a decent holster from the beginning.

There are knockoffs that are cheaper if price is an issue, but that type of holster is very good.

When I ordered my second and subsequent holsters, I asked for more retention by deepening the kydex imprinting, and was very happy with it. If I run or move around, I want certain things to stay put. A tighter draw is a small sacrifice to me. I carry Glock 23, 19, or Sig Sauer P226 or P229 in CB Supertuck holsters with or without lasers. FWIW, they offered to fix my first holster, too. Their service is good.

Last edited by Devans0; 06-28-2014 at 04:44 PM..

Old 07-12-2014, 08:39 PM

501 posts, read 792,424 times
Check out Cabelas. I found a quality Galco holster for my Glock 32 for under $100. In store, in left hand none the less! My Galco is very comfortable.

Old 07-14-2014, 02:19 PM

Thanks for the suggestions! I went with an Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 2.0 to start. We'll see how that goes. { if they ever decide to ship it, that is } But I heard the Crossbreeds lead time can be up to 11 weeks depending, so it seems like I was going to wait no matter what.

Old 07-15-2014, 06:53 PM

501 posts, read 792,424 times
The Crossbreeds are one of the most popular holsters on the market. I cannot speak to it because I have not worn one, but I assure you there are a ton of quality holsters on the market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting