U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 09:29 PM

13,340 posts, read 10,911,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
FN does a lot of military contracts, the FNX 45 was built specifically for the U.S, but they abandoned the test and put off replacing the sidearm for some political reason. The FNX is a magnificent pistol, 15 rounds of .45 with an overall weight similar to a 1911, light recoil, ability to mount a red dot sight on the slide and the "tactical" version comes with a threaded barrel for suppressors. It will either be the FNX or a Sig imo.

As for the .308, SOCOM already uses the SCAR 17.
Oh..FN has been around a long time, to be certain. That they would have a totally viable entry into this is no surprise. I'm not familiar with the SCAR either, but SOGs and even front line regular infantry and assault groups have various 308 service rifles inthe ranks. I, personally, have seen M1As, in all trims, AR 10s, LR 308s, etc.

The M1A still has a loyal following, though the AR style rifles, iI think, are edging it a bit. That's not surprising either. Its a familiar platform, and field stripping/cleaning is easier than with the M1A. Personally, I'm a fan of horsepower, and there's no replacement for displacement. Big block V8 trumps high strung 4 banger every time.

Were I stuck in the Sandbox, an M14 and a 1911 would suit me fine. Particularly in SOCOM or Scout Squad and Para Ord hi cap trim, respectively. I do like the ease of maintenance of the AR style, and wouldn't turn one down. But , I prefer the M1A. I'm familiar enough with how it works and goes together, and I just like its solid feel. Same goes for 1911 style pistols.

In reality, there are a LOT of new and improved small arms in the field right now. Enough to know which ones are working, and well liked by the people who use them daily.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2014, 03:41 PM

2,181 posts, read 2,037,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Oh..FN has been around a long time, to be certain. That they would have a totally viable entry into this is no surprise. I'm not familiar with the SCAR either, but SOGs and even front line regular infantry and assault groups have various 308 service rifles inthe ranks. I, personally, have seen M1As, in all trims, AR 10s, LR 308s, etc.

The M1A still has a loyal following, though the AR style rifles, iI think, are edging it a bit. That's not surprising either. Its a familiar platform, and field stripping/cleaning is easier than with the M1A. Personally, I'm a fan of horsepower, and there's no replacement for displacement. Big block V8 trumps high strung 4 banger every time.

Were I stuck in the Sandbox, an M14 and a 1911 would suit me fine. Particularly in SOCOM or Scout Squad and Para Ord hi cap trim, respectively. I do like the ease of maintenance of the AR style, and wouldn't turn one down. But , I prefer the M1A. I'm familiar enough with how it works and goes together, and I just like its solid feel. Same goes for 1911 style pistols.

In reality, there are a LOT of new and improved small arms in the field right now. Enough to know which ones are working, and well liked by the people who use them daily.
Here's 81 pages of pictures of SCAR's being used in the war on terror:

SCARs in the War on Terror

Old 07-20-2014, 08:13 PM
LLN

4,912 posts, read 8,360,413 times
Probably retribution for company leaving heavy gun control state. Doubt has anything to do with tech specs. That is how Washington works, sad to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting