U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 04:08 PM

769 posts, read 890,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dober1 View Post
Got nothing but the dreaded red X. Repost photos from a computer made after the civil war
hmm, my tablet has no trouble or my laptop, maybe it is your i-whatever.. I did notice you were in CA, maybe the photo is being blocked for the safety of the children, never know, it might jump off the screen and start shooting. Do photos of guns have to be approved by the CA DOJ ? maybe that is why it is not showing up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2014, 10:47 AM

12,900 posts, read 18,450,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Phx Native View Post
and best of all, no paperwork, no background check, just walked into the store, plunked down my cash and walked out with a true assault rifle

Circa 1863, but it was the assault rifle of its day, just ask the Confederates that were on the receiving end.
Naw, that's a "battle rifle". This is a Civil War "assault rifle" :

Old 07-18-2014, 11:55 AM

13,951 posts, read 10,315,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
And the NSA now has your IP address, email, phone number,SSN, and where you live. Yep, you got them fooled.
LOL. So true. It's always funny how people think they can somehow "hide their guns from the gub-mint" by avoiding purchasing from dealers, etc. Although I think the OP was just being funny and sarcastic.

Anyone who has ever posted about guns on the internet, bought ammo with a credit card, bought ammo in stores with cameras, talked about their guns on the phone, texted about guns, are members of pro gun organizations or ranges, etc. will be the first people the gub-mint looks at if they ever want to know who has guns.

Unless you live under a rock and happened to stumble upon a gun in the river, you are probably well documented as a gun owner.

Old 07-18-2014, 02:16 PM

16,886 posts, read 12,541,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
And the NSA now has your IP address, email, phone number,SSN, and where you live. Yep, you got them fooled.

my IP address is my next door neighbors home, my email is one I have not used in over 4 years, my phone number is a land line, and a few throw away phones, and my SSN they already had.

if they feel that they can hack into my computer that is not even connected to the internet, then more power to them.

Old 07-19-2014, 04:26 PM

7,824 posts, read 7,818,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Downright evil, ain't they?

Old 07-20-2014, 06:49 PM

1,110 posts, read 1,846,844 times
Ok West Phx your second photo came through. Nice, although I shoot the more modern inline muzzle loaders with shotgun primers.

Old 07-20-2014, 07:55 PM

180 posts, read 326,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
My thoughts exactly. I saw one of those for sale at a show recently; ONLY a cool $50,000

Old 07-21-2014, 09:39 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,833,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
don't worry, all of my firearms have no paperwork attaching them to me, and I have not gone through a background check in over 18 years as all of my firearms were bought privately. the one firearm that I bought and had paperwork attached to it, I resold it to a gunshop and now f-troop has the paperwork saying I had sold it.
I'm not sure bragging about getting around the system with firearms is good for the cause, but that's just me. I'm sure there are a few liberals or even legislators on here who could form a harmful opinion with that kind of information and act on it. People like you are the reason gun control is a hot topic.

Old 07-21-2014, 05:14 PM

32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geneyus View Post
I'm not sure bragging about getting around the system with firearms is good for the cause, but that's just me. I'm sure there are a few liberals or even legislators on here who could form a harmful opinion with that kind of information and act on it. People like you are the reason gun control is a hot topic.
Liberals are why the subject is a hot topic. And it's a stupid topic.

Old 07-22-2014, 02:07 AM

16,886 posts, read 12,541,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geneyus View Post

if I was to fill out a 4473 or have a background check done, I would pass it with no problem at all. I just do not believe that government has any right at all to know what I own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting