U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 11:51 AM

7,824 posts, read 7,816,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I knew about it....

For a carry gun I like a long trigger pull. For me, that's actually a point in the LC9's favor.
I agree - that's why I like my LCP and Kahr CW45 for pocket carry (the CW45 in a Remora for my jacket pocket, the LCP in a Desantis Nemesis for the pants pocket).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2014, 10:22 PM

896 posts, read 696,680 times
Quote:
I knew about it....

For a carry gun I like a long trigger pull. For me, that's actually a point in the LC9's favor.
Me too. Thats why i bought it. Remember, its a cc gun. Not a target plinker. Longer trigger isnt an issue.

love the safety aspects of the lc9. Bought one for my daughter as well.

Heard lots of complaints about lc9 kick. It didn't seem bad at all to me.

in fact, my jr high aged nephews shot it and had zero issue with kick.

again, its a cc gun not a target gun.

i love it

Old 09-15-2014, 03:01 PM

13,951 posts, read 10,312,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowa4430 View Post
Me too. Thats why i bought it. Remember, its a cc gun. Not a target plinker. Longer trigger isnt an issue.

love the safety aspects of the lc9. Bought one for my daughter as well.

Heard lots of complaints about lc9 kick. It didn't seem bad at all to me.

in fact, my jr high aged nephews shot it and had zero issue with kick.

again, its a cc gun not a target gun.

i love it

Does it carry well for you? Comfortable? I'm leaning towards the LC9 at this point?

Old 09-16-2014, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Does it carry well for you? Comfortable? I'm leaning towards the LC9 at this point?
Yes, it is comfortable but I've never carried before now. Admittedly, the LC9 is my first hand gun. I don't see myself being a hip carrier. I've tried it and just don't see it as an option. I believe pocket carry is the way to go for me. For me, carrying on the hip is not comfortable and a bit cumbersome and the LC9 is just a bit too big for ME to use as a pocket carry. It fits but is just a bit larger than I'd like.

With that said, the LC9 is a great gun and I see no reason it wouldn't be comfortable for someone used to or planning to carry. Even for a pocket carry. It's just for me, my personal preference seems to be a pocket carry that is smaller. I'm willing to give up the stopping power of the 9mm vs a 380 as well as the ammo price for the comfort and more concealment

So at this point, I'm looking for another, smaller gun to be able to carry in the pocket. Either on a clip or on a wallet like holster.

If the Ruger LCP 380 had an external safety, I would go with that in a heart beat. I'm looking at the SW Bodyguard 380 right now. It's slightly larger than the LCP (not by much) but the safety is the big issue for me. I want a safety. I want a longer trigger pull. I NEVER want an accident or close call. The chances of me every having to use the gun are so slim that it is worth the extra safety measures to me. But, I want the security of being able to carry. Hope that makes sense.

Here is a nice comparison of the LCP and the Bodyguard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Dz03SWcTNo

Old 09-16-2014, 02:40 PM

13,951 posts, read 10,312,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowa4430 View Post
Yes, it is comfortable but I've never carried before now. Admittedly, the LC9 is my first hand gun. I don't see myself being a hip carrier. I've tried it and just don't see it as an option.
I don't find the 3 o'clock position all that comfortable either. Have you ever tried the 4:30 position? That would be just above your back pocket on your right side ( provided you're right handed )..... Positioning the gun there is far more comfortable than on your hip inside the waistband.

Old 09-16-2014, 11:21 PM

Yes. Thats actually how I tried carrying. If I were to carry outside the pocket, that's how i would do it.

About ready to pull the trigger (har, har) on the sw bodyguard and the wallet holster from Talon. Looks awesome for a pocket holster. Also may get the pocket clip for times when i dont want a holster
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or