U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 06:35 PM

13,951 posts, read 10,310,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemaryT View Post
Speaking as a woman who's spent considerable time at a gun range, I have observed that the demographic at these ranges is OVERWHELMINGLY white (as in 95% or more), despite this being a community with 50/50 black/white ratio. And typically, the folks at the range are 80% male, and probably (75% of the time), the female is just dragged along to stand by and watch. It's unusual to see a female shooting, which is very sad.

I've personally taken several women friends to the range and taught them how to use a weapon, and by the end of the tutorial, these women are ECSTATIC. One even took home her target and framed it, for all her liberal friends to see!

There are few things as empowering for women as realizing that they don't to play the part of the victim anymore.

Very good point. If I were queen of world, I'd dope slap every woman I see, walking along in a downtown area with every single point of her moderate IQ focused on her *&^% cell phone. Women, more so than men, really have a vested interest in looking up and scanning the horizon for possible threats.

I think the most egregious consequence of this "modern technological age" is that we've raised a generation of women that are just clueless to the world around them, and have lost the inherent ability to pay attention to their intuitive sense, and be alert to the world around them.

Below is the picture mentioned above. My young friend was so proud of learning how to shoot, she took the target home and had it framed!!
Thanks for being a good steward of the Second Amendment!!!!

Women shooters are on the rise, btw. We need more women like you to introduce them to the sport.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2014, 03:00 PM

3,949 posts, read 3,854,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak Night Eyes View Post
Maybe so, but I bet they never thought a guy would have a GLOCK G-19 in a Galco SS2 with a GLOCK G-17 in a paddle holster with three extra GLOCK G-17 mags (they work in both) and a Spyderco Endura as well as a Cold Steel Terminator on him. That same guy always qualifies expert and shoots a minimum of 200-400 a week for practice. I'll see your chrome Jennings J-22 that you most likely never fired with two GLOCKs and a guy who isn't afraid of The Crucible.

Yeah, better drop the Saturday night special son/s......(17-20) if you know what is good for ya!
Found the link- My CCW Shooting AAR--Now with More Graphic Pics on pg 29 & 30 - AR15.COM

It's an interesting read on how the guy handled himself and everything that went on afterwards.

Old 09-23-2014, 03:26 PM

156 posts, read 102,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
Found the link- My CCW Shooting AAR--Now with More Graphic Pics on pg 29 & 30 - AR15.COM

It's an interesting read on how the guy handled himself and everything that went on afterwards.
On ARF no less, how appropriate. I wouldn't have played grabass with the perp like he did. He would have been dead before he hit the floor! Hiding your weapon.....really? Are you gonna shoot or not!!

Fast Glock Shooting - YouTube

Old 09-23-2014, 03:29 PM

Call it what you will, I see it as he was second guessing whether or not he had it in him to waste somebody. Anyone else would have drawn and fired.....

I'll really do it, don't make me, I'll do it.....don't make me!

BANG!!! MF!!

Old 09-23-2014, 03:39 PM

See also ^^

Glock 17, HK MP5 SD6, HK MP5 K PDW - YouTube

Old 09-23-2014, 04:27 PM
PDD

8,776 posts, read 14,138,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak Night Eyes View Post
I was in a Pizza Hut about 15 years ago armed to the teeth. It was all under my sweatshirt and was hidden. I finished and left and within 20 minutes that place had an armed robbery and not only did they rob Pizza Hut, they robbed all the patrons and shot one. It was a good thing I left.......I'll say that much. I had two handguns, 3 extra high cap mags and two tactical knives with me.

The hoods and their chrome Jennings J-22 would have had a big problem.......no doubt....do you copy that?

Old 09-23-2014, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Well you certainly got me shivering in my boots with that post.
No need to shiver, what needs to be done is always done. Just got off the phone with a LEO and he is stopping by to have me work on his GLOCK in less than an hour. He's the firearms instructor, so he's no dummy. Could have called anyone, he doesn't /didn't......he know who knows their "ship".....

Oohrah!!

Old 09-23-2014, 10:57 PM

18,696 posts, read 35,415,173 times
Sorry,, it took me a could let rounds to fully decide to answer this thread.

A few years ago I had an intruder. I was setting watching TV in my motorhome. Had somebody slowly turn my door handle and open my door. The first thing thru the door was a pistol. I double tapped him.

So dont tell me what you can and can't do. Don't tell me about lawsuits. I've been there and done that.
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]CD Home page[/COLOR][/URL], [URL="http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html"][COLOR="seagreen"]TOS (Terms of Service)[/COLOR][/URL], [URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/faq/107997-search-function-using-search-function.html"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]How to Search,[/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/faq/"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]FAQ's[/COLOR][/URL], [URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/faq/70589-guide-guide-city-data-posting.html"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Guide[/COLOR][/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/wyoming/"]Wyoming[/URL], [URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/montana/"]Montana[/URL], [URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/north-dakota/"]North Dakota[/URL], [URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/south-dakota/"]South Dakota[/URL], [URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/guns-hunting/"]Guns and Hunting[/URL]

Old 09-24-2014, 07:40 AM

32,798 posts, read 30,025,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post

A few years ago I had an intruder. I was setting watching TV in my motorhome. Had somebody slowly turn my door handle and open my door. The first thing thru the door was a pistol. I double tapped him.

So dont tell me what you can and can't do. Don't tell me about lawsuits. I've been there and done that.
Whoa. Where was this? I was hunting last weekend and I mean I was wayyyyy in the bush. Middle of the night a rig comes flying in. I grabbed the glock and jumped out the back of the truck. It turns out just drunks looking for a place to camp. I guess they were too scared to camp by themselves. It was hard to get back to sleep after that. When I split at 4 am I made much noise as possible.

Old 09-24-2014, 08:55 AM

2,773 posts, read 3,676,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post

I believe less than half of the bragging in this thread... but I believe the post above 100%.

I've been involved with internet forums for a long time; well over two decades (remember the old BBS system?). Two truths remain constant:
1. People elevate their own capabilities on the internet. I'm amazed at the number of people who can shoot sub-MOA groups, are black belts in multiple martial arts, and who are capable of killing other humans with the flick of a thumb. Anyone can type.
2. Anyone who has truly "been there and done that" never brags about it or celebrates doing it. Shooting another human, even a criminal trying to cause deadly harm to you or someone else, is never a good thing. It is nothing like in the movies. Starting with the actual horror of a death caused by your actions, followed by the inevitable police interrogation and possible lawsuit from the "victim's" kin folk. It may be necessary, but it is never good. Anyone who says otherwise is has either never done it or is a sociopath.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or