U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 10:17 AM

2,773 posts, read 3,678,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dober1 View Post
This is true. Soon to be renamed Colorfornia.
I thought the new name was East California?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2015, 02:30 PM

7,831 posts, read 7,818,887 times
I remember when the main target of Colorado folks' ire was the horde of Texans swarming instate to overrun the ski resorts..... how they hated to see all those Texas license plates.

Old 01-14-2015, 02:49 PM

9,801 posts, read 7,111,943 times
A "bullet button" now I have heard it all. I guess the do gooders were trying to slow down the terrorist reloading his rifle and thought by requiring a tool to change out the magazine was a good deterent? Probably looked good on paper, just like the assault weapons ban of how many years ago 1998? where manufacturers of AR15's had to remove the flash supressor and the bayonet lug.
Weird.
The bullet button coming to a state near you soon.

Old 01-14-2015, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
A "bullet button" now I have heard it all. I guess the do gooders were trying to slow down the terrorist reloading his rifle and thought by requiring a tool to change out the magazine was a good deterent? Probably looked good on paper, just like the assault weapons ban of how many years ago 1998? where manufacturers of AR15's had to remove the flash supressor and the bayonet lug.
Weird.
The bullet button coming to a state near you soon.
Actually, the goal was to eliminate magazine changes altogether. Any non-grandfathered semi-auto with a removable magazine and a pistol grip (all normal AKs and ARs) would be classified as an "assault weapon" and therefore illegal. The "bullet button" is a loophole that adds cost but effectively defeats the law.

Old 01-14-2015, 06:01 PM

1,949 posts, read 3,325,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
What do you like? There are quite a few models for sale and quite a few home made brews. Be gentle on us suckers that live in States that require them.
State(s)? Nope! Just one State in this country with that nonsense! Sorry man! You oppressed CA subjects are Welcome here in the US anytime you wanna come on over! You have more patienece than I ever could. Keep up the "fight" I guess.

Old 01-14-2015, 06:32 PM

32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snatale1 View Post
State(s)? Nope! Just one State in this country with that nonsense! Sorry man! You oppressed CA subjects are Welcome here in the US anytime you wanna come on over! You have more patienece than I ever could. Keep up the "fight" I guess.
Outta here sooner than later. I got bigger fish to fry than a BB. Staying afloat in this expensive place is step one.

Anyway, still searching for the best BB.

Old 01-15-2015, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snatale1 View Post
You need to be able to count higher than "1" to count all the states with oppressive gun laws. CA may be the worst and most famous (and the only one with the "bullet button"), but Massachusetts isn't far behind and New York is trying to close the gap. Illinois is pretty bad but slowly getting better now that the SCOTUS finally nullified some of Chicago's influence over the rest of the state. New Jersey and Hawaii aren't much better. Maryland and Connecticut are also pretty bad.

Old 01-15-2015, 08:50 AM

4,118 posts, read 3,865,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
...Anyway, still searching for the best BB.
Probably the easiest to use is a magnetic one. Said to work just like a normal mag release, but quickly and easily removable when the political correctness loons are around. Just do a web search for "magnetic bullet button" and you will get all kinds of hits. Then, when you can finally escape from this crazy place, just swap in a real magazine release and go to any store to purchase a normal capacity magazine.

Old 01-15-2015, 11:41 AM

32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by volosong View Post
Probably the easiest to use is a magnetic one. Said to work just like a normal mag release, but quickly and easily removable when the political correctness loons are around. Just do a web search for "magnetic bullet button" and you will get all kinds of hits. Then, when you can finally escape from this crazy place, just swap in a real magazine release and go to any store to purchase a normal capacity magazine.
Those are great on an AR but an AK uses a slightly different style as the mag release is forward the trigger guard. Actually, mine is a Drag but same style receiver.

Old 01-17-2015, 04:10 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,833,266 times
I've never even heard of that, so I "Googled" pictures of it. I understand the purpose, but that is pretty stupid. It's amazing how California always has to be different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting