U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 05:17 PM

515 posts, read 623,957 times

Advertisements

If someone was using a drone to spy on me over my house and property, I would probably eliminate it one way or another. I would consider it invasion of my privacy and a form of harassment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2015, 05:28 PM

10,947 posts, read 14,593,711 times
Hopefully Estes model rockets will develop a drone seeking kit model we can launch at them. That would be funny as hel*!

Old 01-28-2015, 06:04 PM

32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
If I saw a drone looking into my window I would do whatever it took to take it out. Are they casing the place? There is no reason for a drone to be on your property. If you are "delivering" something you better tell me in advance or it is coming down.

Old 01-29-2015, 11:43 AM

210 posts, read 394,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Don't fly over my home or property without my permission, especially taking snaps. My home and castle are none of your business and if you think it is, well you'd better be willing to face the consequences of your actions.
Better run, because if you shot government property or news station property, you're probably going to jail.

Old 01-29-2015, 11:56 AM

10,947 posts, read 14,593,711 times
Meh, I don't care. If it's flying within 50 yards- well I must've confused it with a crow.

Old 01-29-2015, 08:43 PM

16,174 posts, read 27,435,915 times
a. How about having a couple of "armed" drones to take out other drones?

b. Or maybe having a mini rocket launcher battery to take out drones, birds, whatever (something like the Israeli air defense)

c. Or maybe a fully automatic but miniature gatling gun system similar the ones on the B-52 tails? Anything the gun tracks and locks on is turned to dust.

d. How about a potato launcher with an electronic target acquisition system? Now, that would be fun

~Just kidding folks.

Last edited by RayinAK; 01-29-2015 at 08:57 PM..

Old 01-30-2015, 06:25 PM

15,194 posts, read 17,689,444 times
I'm blown away that you all are a bunch of yahoos that are just itching to shoot people's equipment up.

You're the people that give gun owners a bad name.

Who's worse? Someone looking at private property or someone destroying private property?

Note that I never advocated "spying" or any other activity that could be construed as such, yet I was attacked and threatened merely because I fly these things. I don't fly anywhere near you. I don't want to fly anywhere near you. Your house is ugly and messes up my view of the landscape. I couldn't care less if you have a trampoline in your yard or if you sunbathe naked. As a matter of fact, that's probably the LAST thing I'd want to see...

Following along with your logic, let me ask you a question. How many people have you murdered today? You're a gun owner, and some gun owners kill people with their guns, so I should naturally assume that you all kill people on a fairly regular basis, right?

You want me to respect your property, but you brag that you want to destroy mine. Hypocrites.

Old 01-30-2015, 08:42 PM

16,174 posts, read 27,435,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I'm blown away that you all are a bunch of yahoos that are just itching to shoot people's equipment up.

You're the people that give gun owners a bad name.

Who's worse? Someone looking at private property or someone destroying private property?

Note that I never advocated "spying" or any other activity that could be construed as such, yet I was attacked and threatened merely because I fly these things. I don't fly anywhere near you. I don't want to fly anywhere near you. Your house is ugly and messes up my view of the landscape. I couldn't care less if you have a trampoline in your yard or if you sunbathe naked. As a matter of fact, that's probably the LAST thing I'd want to see...

Following along with your logic, let me ask you a question. How many people have you murdered today? You're a gun owner, and some gun owners kill people with their guns, so I should naturally assume that you all kill people on a fairly regular basis, right?

You want me to respect your property, but you brag that you want to destroy mine. Hypocrites.
I have no idea if you are responding the the OP, or to me, but here it goes:
Chill out. We are just having fun with this thread, and I believe the OP was not talking about you, nor about killing people

By the way, we all know that shooting drones off the sky may be illegal. Rules that apply to the use of drones by the public will be discussed this year, and laws with be created.

That said, it would certainly be a lot of fun to have a drone dogfight among people who have lots of money to spare. Don't you think so?

Last edited by RayinAK; 01-30-2015 at 09:22 PM..

Old 01-31-2015, 05:54 AM

1,845 posts, read 3,561,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post

If you keep your " property " away from mine we won't have any problems . Flying your little toy over my property is trespassing and an invasion of my privacy . You may expect me to react to that . Call me a hypocrite if you wish , I'll call you an inconsiderate jerk .

Old 01-31-2015, 07:33 AM

2,747 posts, read 2,613,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarsippius View Post
When the delivery drones & police drones begin to buzz around our skies, will you have any temptation to shoot them down as a kind of sport---even though it will be illegal?

The news recently reported that drug cartels in Mexico are using drones carrying drugs to fly over the border into the USA. If I had the resources I would make sport of capturing those drones...or at least shooting them down. I reckon most of them land in the desert...The trick is to shoot them down long before they reach their destination and those who are waiting for them.

Shooting down drones as sport, resistible or irresistible?

And if you find it repulsive that anyone would want to shoot down a drone, what do you suggest will stop anyone from doing so? Cameras?

Enquiring minds want to know!
Sometimes I see a dog running through my neighborhood, and I wonder...could I make that shot? Moving target? How do you resist shooting your neighbor's dog?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting