U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 03:50 PM

2,808 posts, read 2,234,893 times

Advertisements

Watch the video, the guy who made it does not seem to know a lot but it should be pretty obvious what the slide rides on. The nose of the slide does slide on those metal rails but the rest of the slide rides on the plastic rails.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uSMeYjZ50I

Last edited by Mr. Lee; 02-04-2015 at 04:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2015, 07:25 PM

7,823 posts, read 7,813,981 times
You can believe what you like, but if the slide rode on the plastic the gun wouldn't last more than a couple hundred rounds.... especially using +P ammo.... and catastrophic frame failures would be common.

Ask the guys on Kahr Talk.

A couple negatives I will give you about Kahr - some of the poly models had teething problems when they were first introduced (the PM9,CW380, PM45 for example) and took a couple of years to get the bugs worked out. Ruger had that problem with some of their Poly offerings too.

Kahr customer service rollercoasters between very courteous & helpful, to downright crappy & brusque. Luckily I've never had to contend with it.

Also, like many of the major manufacturers, Kahr does have variable quality control problems and puts out some lemons.

The steel frame Kahrs don't seem to have the problems that are reported for the poly frames.

Old 02-04-2015, 08:13 PM

2,808 posts, read 2,234,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post

The steel frame Kahrs don't seem to have the problems that are reported for the poly frames.
Exactly!

Old 07-31-2015, 01:30 PM

58 posts, read 89,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Do any of you have experience with both of these pistols? If so, what are your thoughts on each as a concealed carry gun and which would you prefer to carry?

I was set on the LC9 but after giving the CW9 a closer look, I'm kinda liking it better. The Kahr has no manual safety which I like, and has a longer D/A trigger pull, though not as long as the LC9's..... The Kahr is nearly identical in dimension to the LC9, only slightly longer by approx. 1/4 inch. The CW9 is comparable to the LC9 in weight, being only about .6 oz's heavier. The grip feels way better in my hand than the LC9, which seems a bit shorter and more awkward. I liked that I could get all 3 fingers on the grip of the Kahr..... Both guns have fantastic online reviews.

So what are your thoughts between the two pistols and which would you recommend?
Kahr Arms is going to be superior to anything Ruger makes. Kahr are on par with Sig Sauer QUALITY in their all steel models like the MK9 and MK40.

If the Ruger is a Honda Accord the Kahr is a Shelby GT500.

Old 07-31-2015, 02:24 PM

286 posts, read 195,692 times
I"m a cocked and locked sort of guy, and there's only one such pocket 9, the Sig P938. Fortunately, it's excellent and Sig makes a .22lr conversion unit for it, luminous sights, threaded barrels for silenced use, etc. CW9 is not pocketable. CM9 is. The Ruger BADLY needs a trigger job, but such can be had.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting