U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 05:29 AM

13,951 posts, read 10,315,266 times

Advertisements

Do any of you have experience with both of these pistols? If so, what are your thoughts on each as a concealed carry gun and which would you prefer to carry?

I was set on the LC9 but after giving the CW9 a closer look, I'm kinda liking it better. The Kahr has no manual safety which I like, and has a longer D/A trigger pull, though not as long as the LC9's..... The Kahr is nearly identical in dimension to the LC9, only slightly longer by approx. 1/4 inch. The CW9 is comparable to the LC9 in weight, being only about .6 oz's heavier. The grip feels way better in my hand than the LC9, which seems a bit shorter and more awkward. I liked that I could get all 3 fingers on the grip of the Kahr..... Both guns have fantastic online reviews.

So what are your thoughts between the two pistols and which would you recommend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2015, 12:40 PM

4,118 posts, read 3,865,672 times
Never really considered the Kahr, but did look at the LC9. I decided to go with the M&P 9 Shield. It just fit into my hand as if it were made specifically for me. Will probably swap out the trigger, but for the most part, I'm pretty satisfied with the Shield.

Old 01-30-2015, 08:46 AM

50 posts, read 42,315 times
I had a few Kahrs. I an not a big fan. They are big for how many rounds they carry and they are expensive for what you get. I would take the LC9 over the Kahr. Kahr people are very loyal but so are Ruger people. Personally I think the Shield is a better choice over the LC9 and way better than the Kahr.

Old 01-30-2015, 10:53 AM

2,773 posts, read 3,678,723 times
I love my Walther PPS in 9mm. The Shield wasn't available when I was researching the PPS, but I've heard it's pretty good.

Old 01-30-2015, 02:52 PM

7,831 posts, read 7,818,887 times
If you go with the Ruger, get the LC9s - it is a big striker-fired improvement over the original hammer-fired LC9. According to the Ruger LC9s owners, the trigger is a huge improvement. And they cost about the same.

I like my LCP and have carried it for 6 years, but it will be replaced as my EDC piece by the new Kahr CT380, which is slightly larger. Wouldn't mind having a CW9 for IWB carry too. Already have a Kahr CW45 (and a Ruger SR45).

Old 01-30-2015, 08:40 PM

141 posts, read 114,503 times
I have a Kahr MK9 all stainless 9mm for a vest and pocket pistol. It's the all stainless version of the polymer model you are talking about. I've had it for years, but only fired about 2,000 rounds through that one. As far as I can tell, it works perfectly and is very accurate. I'd bet my life on it.

Old 01-30-2015, 08:50 PM

141 posts, read 114,503 times
Did I mention it is very small as well. Smaller than my Glock G-27 and G-33.

Old 01-30-2015, 10:56 PM

25,341 posts, read 16,290,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by volosong View Post
Never really considered the Kahr, but did look at the LC9. I decided to go with the M&P 9 Shield. It just fit into my hand as if it were made specifically for me. Will probably swap out the trigger, but for the most part, I'm pretty satisfied with the Shield.
That is the same experience I had. I walked into the local gun shop prepared to get an LC9, this was just after the Shield came out and no one had one. As we're doing the paperwork, the owner comes out and says "we have Shields". As soon as I got to handle it and especially try the trigger I was sold. I also shoot it very well (by my low standards). It just works for me, and carries very nicely.

Old 02-01-2015, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCP Island View Post
I have a Kahr MK9 all stainless 9mm for a vest and pocket pistol. It's the all stainless version of the polymer model you are talking about. I've had it for years, but only fired about 2,000 rounds through that one. As far as I can tell, it works perfectly and is very accurate. I'd bet my life on it.
How much does something like that set you back if'n you don't mind me ask'n?

Old 02-01-2015, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
That is the same experience I had. I walked into the local gun shop prepared to get an LC9, this was just after the Shield came out and no one had one. As we're doing the paperwork, the owner comes out and says "we have Shields". As soon as I got to handle it and especially try the trigger I was sold. I also shoot it very well (by my low standards). It just works for me, and carries very nicely.
I'm seriously considering the Shield as well. Out of the Kahr CW9, the Ruger LC9, and the Shield, the Shield is by far my favorite. If it were two ounces lighter and had a heavier, longer trigger pull, I'd be sold. Am I just splitting hairs with the two ounces thing though? It doesn't sound like much, but as they say, every ounce counts.

Do you carry it IWB? How does it ride? Is it real weighty?

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 02-01-2015 at 05:18 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting