U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 04:14 PM

2,123 posts, read 1,446,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by froglipz View Post
So you are saying that you get to save your life but get to lose everything else you have?
I am saying that lives of people I love are more important to me than "everything else" I have
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2015, 08:31 PM

3,002 posts, read 1,968,771 times
California is going down hill fast with the hand gun Firearm Safety Certificate Program they will not approve any new semi auto pistols good friend said it's a way they can ban firearms in California. I thought they started registration of long gun for new purchase too. I live in AZ our laws have gotten better for gun owners no CCW permit required here.

Old 08-03-2015, 08:40 PM

Firearm Safety Certificate Program is not a deterrent to anyone who wants to own a firearm. You answer 14 questions out of 21 correctly, you get the sertificate. Even my uncle who speaks no english and studied nothing was able to pass it with just common sense and little help from translator. Preparation guide cost 50 cents too. The certificate is good for 5 years and is not tied up to any particular firearm... I cannot see how it could be used to ban anything.

And according to CA laws, police cannot deny ownership for nothing, unless you actually had some problems with law, or own state some money.

Whether new gun purchases are registered anywhere or not, I don't know. They could, since every gun transfer has to go through FFL. However new long guns imported from other states by a non-resident aren't required to be registered. Handguns are, but I am not sure what punishment is for not following it through.

AZ laws are better than CA, but CA is still better than MA, or NY or CT.

Old 08-03-2015, 09:15 PM

58 posts, read 89,894 times
I think what he is referring to is being on the California approved list. If you don't see your choice listed on that list, you cannot purchase or own it. They decide for you what is acceptable.

Old 08-03-2015, 10:36 PM

3,002 posts, read 1,968,771 times
That is correct California pistol approval list under the guise of safety they are using it to keep new semi auto pistols from being allowed to be sold in California. It was my understanding that not one semi auto has been allowed since this new law passed. I think the problem is the microstamping mandate which no gun manufacture has done. When I lived in CA 1960-1990 gun laws were great other then open carry, and machine guns everything else was legal. I got out of there right when the AW ban hit in California early 90's.

Old 08-03-2015, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
That is correct California pistol approval list under the guise of safety they are using it to keep new semi auto pistols from being allowed to be sold in California. It was my understanding that not one semi auto has been allowed since this new law passed. I think the problem is the microstamping mandate which no gun manufacture has done. When I lived in CA 1960-1990 gun laws were great other then open carry, and machine guns everything else was legal. I got out of there right when the AW ban hit in California early 90's.
Sorry for my misunderstanding. I don't approve that list, it sucks. But the best guns are the old ones, and them old guns don't need to be on the list to be legal. Obviously, CA politicians can invent even more restrictions on gun-owners. Yet as of now, I'd still maintain it ain't the worst state in the nation.

Old 08-17-2015, 04:16 AM

4,506 posts, read 5,259,795 times
Texas gun laws are around the middle of the states as far as being "loose".

Texans believe their state has the most lax gun laws and that they are a GUN state, but the truth is they are NOT! It used to crack me up when I was living there!

So many states are better...

BTW I believe there is no more Clark County registration...

Old 08-17-2015, 10:25 AM

156 posts, read 113,795 times
Florida and will retire to Arkansas and both are open to class three and very gun friendly. Screw liberal states, they are cesspools. Cal, Mass,Ct, NY ect. Would not live there to save myself. What dumps and going to hell in a hand basket

Old 08-18-2015, 04:31 AM

13,340 posts, read 10,916,474 times
I lime our gun laws in NV. Pretty much hassle free, except Vegas, which isn't really NV , anymore, anyway. Must an edge soon of CA. Open carry is legal, CCW isn't hard to get, no registration requirements, I like it here. And I'm an avid shooter. High capacity is legal, nobody gets all jittery over ARs and such. All in all, our gun laws are shooter friendly.

Old 08-18-2015, 07:57 AM

8,735 posts, read 8,940,444 times
MA sucks in terms of gun laws. You need a permit just to possess spent brass or you can be charged with possession of ammunition components. However, it's rarely used and more of a tack on to when some gang-banger shoots up a house.

AWB, pre-ban mags, a "list" that dictates what handguns a dealer may sell, etc etc. Getting a permit requires a safety course, about $200 in total fees and a 6-month waiting period while the chief of police of each town decides how suitable you are.

After you get a gun, you become a part-time lawyer to not run afoul of the various laws that contradict each ither and are stupid.

I'd leave the state, but I actually love the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or