Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 03:10 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,377,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Fortunately, the Second Amendment isn't based solely on your needs, which are, of course, irrelevant to the general public..

There is a process for repealing an amendment. I actually wish they'd try it rather than all these subtle attempts to undermine it. At least a frontal assault carries with it a certain degree of intellectual honesty.

Non-starter through and through. I've made no mention of the NRA or their politics. I'm not a member and likely never will be. Not sure why you felt compelled to bring them up.
Come on the NRA is the biggest crier of "their gonna take your guns away" rational people dismiss their rhetoric but many buy it completely.

When it comes to gun ownership I just won't jump on the bandwagon with the "their coming for our guns crowd."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2015, 04:08 PM

402 posts, read 686,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Phx Native View Post
AZ, open or concealed carry no permit needed, no restrictions on mags, no restrictions at all.
I do love Arizona!

Old 03-04-2015, 04:49 PM

6,354 posts, read 7,757,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Here in Colorado we have a very anti gun Governor. If I buy a firearm from a private citizen, that person has to do a background check on me. IF a friend loans me a firearm so I can go target practicing, a background check has to be completed. Same thing on gun shows, background checks required of purchasers. Types of firearms, capacity of magazines, very restricted.
Main reason my brother left the Western Slope for Arizona. He moved to there in 1969 and stayed until he couldn't cotton the interference by those on the other side of the mountain. For the most part, those on the Western Slope are very independent minded, more in common with Wyoming than Denver or others on the range front.

Old 03-04-2015, 07:36 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,994,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Come on the NRA is the biggest crier of "their gonna take your guns away" rational people dismiss their rhetoric but many buy it completely.

When it comes to gun ownership I just won't jump on the bandwagon with the "their coming for our guns crowd."
Maybe, maybe not. I don't follow their press releases or platform closely at all, so I can't and won't weigh in on their alleged fear-mongering. Either way, it's irrelevant to this conversation. Your bringing the NRA into this conversation when they weren't really a major part of it is indicative of an axe to grind. To that end I recommend you start an "anti-NRA" thread and get it all out of your system on said thread. Otherwise I invite you to get back and stay on topic on this one.

Old 03-04-2015, 10:42 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,190,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post

lol,the NRA is also the largest Gun control group in the USA. if not for the NRA, we would not have the NICS check.

Old 07-12-2015, 08:52 AM

12,946 posts, read 13,325,753 times
You just described Texas, except we have well over 800,000 CHL holders.

Old 07-13-2015, 03:31 PM

3,368 posts, read 2,885,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txjl123 View Post
I live in TX, the gun law is pretty loose. I know CA has more strict gun laws. How does it work in your state?
I'd like to defend CA to a point. I know, the gun laws aren't as good as in TX, and state law isn't as understanding the terms of 2nd amendmend to the US Constitution. Yet, comparing to some Eastern states, it's not as terrible, and there are still some freedoms of the West left in it.

1st) Long guns don't have to be registered as in CT (or god forbid permitted, as in MA). Handguns are required to be registered if brought out of state, but I don't think there's a byte in that law (since they have to be registered within 30 days, blah-blah-blah - how would anybody be able to establish when any particular handgun crossed the state line?)

2nd) CA is not only Los Angeles, San Diego and San Francisco county. Many counties are issuing CCL to any law-abiding citizens who (admittedly) are ready to jump through all the hoops required by law. With Peruta decision, it may even become a Shall-Issue state at some point in time...

3rd) OC and even CC are legal when one is actually hunting or fishing, unloaded CC is legal when someone hikes to the place of hunting/fishing. OC is still legal in unincorporated areas. When you're camping, you campsite is considered your home, you can OC or CC on it.

4th) Rural CA is as much gun-friendly as any other rural area in USA.

Well, that's about it. Again, I realize CA (especially in Los Angeles, San Francisco or San Diego) isn't the most gun-friendly place... My point is, it definitely isn't the worst state

Old 07-13-2015, 03:35 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,379,099 times
Here is how it works if you are white male and use a gun for any any any reason
You will
Lose your home
Your job
Your pension
Probably your marriage
Get sued and lose $$$$ big time
Go to jail

Old 07-13-2015, 03:38 PM

3,368 posts, read 2,885,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Here is how it works if you are white male and use a gun for any any any reason
You will
Lose your home
Your job
Your pension
Probably your marriage
Get sued and lose $$$$ big time
Go to jail
But your family, your children, your wife, would be alive.

Old 07-15-2015, 12:17 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,435,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brrabbit View Post
But your family, your children, your wife, would be alive.
So you are saying that you get to save your life but get to lose everything else you have?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting