U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What's a better first gun for a beginner?
.22lr 20 64.52%
9mm 11 35.48%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 01:28 PM

5,253 posts, read 2,401,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCP Island View Post
If a full magazine of 124 grain into less than a U.S. Quarter at a distance of precisely 50' feet off hand rapid fire doesn't, I don't know what else does. It's my best shooting 9mm I own by far.

Keep in mind my bread and butter rests in the high end 1911 .45 ACP world too. My Glocks are very reliable. This Sig will take a hair off a nats ass at 25 yards with ease. It's never malfunctioned while doing so either. It's the official sidearm of the U.S. Navy SEALs.
Simple question: If Sig's, HK's, Beretta's, etc. are the "Kings," why don't they dominate the action pistol shooting sports?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2015, 02:19 PM

879 posts, read 377,375 times
How about something in between 9mm and 22lr? Such as 9mm short or 380 acp.

This one fires 380 acp (this one is a special edition; but most in shops are not).

Old 01-31-2015, 05:55 PM

141 posts, read 115,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
Simple question: If Sig's, HK's, Beretta's, etc. are the "Kings," why don't they dominate the action pistol shooting sports?
Are you talking to the guy who owns practically the full Glock line?

It's simple, price and availability. You can take your best Glock ( mine is a G-34) and usually a Sig or Beretta will outshoot it in the right hands. Glocks have combat accuracy and reliability. They'll shoot full of mud, dirt, water and snow while being filthy dirty. They hold that title for those reasons. When it comes to straight accuracy Sigs usually dominate that category but you are going to have to pay for that. A typical Sig runs $850-$950 vs a Glock's $489-$525.

In short you can finishing cutting out what your Glock left in the target with your Sig quite often. I shoot my Glocks very very well. Better than most in most cases. I can shoot a good Sig better and most people can do the same.

I got all prematurely excited about the S&W M&P when it came out and ended up acquiring seven of them of various calibers and models. I'm down to three at the present time. A Glock they sure ain't after tens of thousands of rounds fired over the course of about 5 years. Do I like them, yeah I do. Sig and Glock do it better though, always have.

Just think we haven't even spoken about the CZ-75B yet. I own two of those as well. It's one of the worlds Military issue pistols since the 1970s and for good reason.

Old 01-31-2015, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Are you talking to the guy who owns practically the full Glock line?

It's simple, price and availability. You can take your best Glock ( mine is a G-34) and usually a Sig or Beretta will outshoot it in the right hands. Glocks have combat accuracy and reliability. They'll shoot full of mud, dirt, water and snow while being filthy dirty. They hold that title for those reasons. When it comes to straight accuracy Sigs usually dominate that category but you are going to have to pay for that. A typical Sig runs $850-$950 vs a Glock's $489-$525.
ROTFLMAO! Price and availability are the reasons that Sig's and Beretta's don't dominate competitions? You've demonstrated clearly that you don't know much about the competitions, nor the people that shoot them.

Quote:
In short you can finishing cutting out what your Glock left in the target with your Sig quite often. I shoot my Glocks very very well. Better than most in most cases.
Really? Tell us all about how well you have done in GSSF, USPSA, IDPA, or any other action shooting sport.

Like I said in another thread - you have got to be trolling.

Old 01-31-2015, 10:25 PM

Quote:
ROTFLMAO! Price and availability are the reasons that Sig's and Beretta's don't dominate competitions? You've demonstrated clearly that you don't know much about the competitions, nor the people that shoot them.

Really? Tell us all about how well you have done in GSSF, USPSA, IDPA, or any other action shooting sport.

Like I said in another thread - you have got to be trolling.
Naw, posting facts instead of a bunch of internet BS and "talk".

Old 01-31-2015, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Naw, posting facts instead of a bunch of internet BS and "talk".
Just as I thought. . .

Old 01-31-2015, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Just as I thought. . .
Wanna see some Glocks, Berettas and more Sigs now?

Old 01-31-2015, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Wanna see some Glocks, Berettas and more Sigs now?
Another non sequitur. And there isn't a Glock, Beretta, or Sig in the two pix you just posted. Nice try.

Old 01-31-2015, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Another non sequitur. And there isn't a Glock, Beretta, or Sig in the two pix you just posted. Nice try.
Those are my CZ-75Bs and my Browning Hi-Power I was speaking about earlier in the thread.

Even have three HK P7PSP squeeze cockers I can dig out of the safe for a photoshoot if need be too.

Trust me, I back up what I say.

Old 01-31-2015, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Those are my CZ-75Bs and my Browning Hi-Power I was speaking about earlier in the thread.
Yeah, I know what they are. But you said we were going to see "some Glocks, Berettas and more Sigs."

Are you by chance off your meds? I'm not trying to be insulting, and I ask with all seriousness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting