Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 09:41 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,624,129 times

Advertisements

Easy solution: Don't keep your ccw underneath your license.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2015, 09:57 AM

50 posts, read 80,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
OK so you we're right and the cop was wrong but you got the ticket. You might want to think about that the next time.
WTF are you talking about? What does a ticket have to do with what I was even talking about? Making a turn that was a violation has little to nothing to do with a cop mouthing off about the law that he obviously does not know a thing or is lying about. Its like telling a woman to remember the meal she eats next time she is raped. LOL

Old 02-03-2015, 10:11 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,292,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sellsfloto View Post
WTF are you talking about? What does a ticket have to do with what I was even talking about? Making a turn that was a violation has little to nothing to do with a cop mouthing off about the law that he obviously does not know a thing or is lying about. Its like telling a woman to remember the meal she eats next time she is raped. LOL
Had you not been a wise ass you might have gotten out of the ticket.
Just pay your fine and wait for the cop to apologize but don't hold your breath.

Old 02-03-2015, 10:31 AM

1,994 posts, read 1,508,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
OK so you we're right and the cop was wrong but you got the ticket. You might want to think about that the next time.
Perfect example. The message? Fear. Who need to think about it? The cop, they lost the respect of someone and won't likely get it back. Then their fellow officers will wonder why people are having attitudes when dealing with them. That is nothing less than arrogance hiding behind a badge and gun.

Old 02-03-2015, 11:09 AM

3,045 posts, read 5,198,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
Easy solution: Don't keep your ccw underneath your license.
Your CCW info will pop up when the cop is running your license. My TN driving and carry licenses even have the same ID numbers. If the cop has your ID and access to run background here's no way to hide the fact that you have a carry permit.

Old 02-03-2015, 11:12 AM

6,324 posts, read 7,669,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sellsfloto View Post
You need to let it go. Get rid of your anger and put the episode behind you. The patrolman was wrong. He screwed up, and you reported his behavior to his supervisor. He's human and humans make mistakes, even policemen. What more can you do? It's not worth keeping this venom inside you. You have a life to live.

Old 02-04-2015, 05:30 AM

8 posts, read 6,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by volosong View Post
You need to let it go. Get rid of your anger and put the episode behind you. The patrolman was wrong. He screwed up, and you reported his behavior to his supervisor. He's human and humans make mistakes, even policemen. What more can you do? It's not worth keeping this venom inside you. You have a life to live.
sounds like someone is apologizing for bad cops. Are you a cop or do you have a bad cop in your family?

Old 02-04-2015, 08:56 AM

4,554 posts, read 5,605,596 times
Talking Not all states tie CHL to DL, not all states require a permit for CC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwkilgore View Post
Your CCW info will pop up when the cop is running your license. My TN driving and carry licenses even have the same ID numbers. If the cop has your ID and access to run background here's no way to hide the fact that you have a carry permit.
This varies by state.

In New Hampshire, there is no online registry of carry permit holders. To determine whether a resident has a carry license (or whether a license being presented is valid), officer would need to call the town and ask them to check the folder. Low-tech, high-privacy.

Old 02-04-2015, 09:00 AM

3,045 posts, read 5,198,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woverine View Post
sounds like someone is apologizing for bad cops. Are you a cop or do you have a bad cop in your family?
Where do you get "apologizing for bad cops" out of, "The patrolman was wrong. He screwed up..."???? Sounds like someone has a little angst against cops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonesuch View Post
This varies by state.
In New Hampshire, there is no online registry of carry permit holders. To determine whether a resident has a carry license (or whether a license being presented is valid), officer would need to call the town and ask them to check the folder. Low-tech, high-privacy.
I did not know that... thanks

Old 02-04-2015, 09:03 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,521,434 times
The few times I have been stopped (once a profile stop and the other sweep for drunks) I pulled over, sat there with my hands on top of the steering wheel and respond politely. That way I minimized the antagonism and tried to keep the cop calm. After all he had the gun and I did not. The result was one mickey mouse warning for a broken light and the other a "Sorry to inconvenience you, sir."

I am not embarrassed to be meek and mild when appropriate. That is fine by me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting