Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 08:00 PM

22 posts, read 16,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
This scenario is a good time for non lethal tools, mace, etc. You can in AZ, stop a property crime like that with physical force.

Oh, oh, macing the guy made him REALLY mad. He takes a swing at you with a screwdriver/deadly weapon.

Now he's escalated to Aggravated Assault and presents an immediate threat of deadly physical force.

See how this works?
Some dude breaking into my pickup would be met with my Benelli M3 convertible semi/pump or Mossberg 590 Military/Police 12 gauge.........or a Springfield M1A NM......or Armalite AR10 A2......

If he is still too retarded to know what a 12 gauge or 7.62x51mm (.308 Win) is.....I don't feel sorry for fools!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2015, 08:08 PM

22 posts, read 16,604 times
Any of which, especially the M1A/M14 is the perfect tool for a "Johnny Feel Good" AKA 'buttstroke to the jaw' as well.

If he is still conscious after the first strike...I'll let him have the truck because he is one badass mofo!

Old 07-07-2015, 04:11 AM

24,406 posts, read 23,065,142 times
Locally there was a guy recently who saw two guys breaking into his car so he opened fire on them from his house's window. He hit one and was facing charges of attempted murder. I know that I'd like to be on the jury because I'd vote not guilty just to send a message to the low lifes in the area. Hopefully he gets the least possible sentence in a plea.

Old 07-07-2015, 07:05 AM

7,130 posts, read 11,836,061 times
Icy Tea - you live in a messed-up state. Here in Texas, deadly force is legal in such situations. Several years back, there was a guy that stepped out on his apartment balcony, where he saw 2 idiots pushing his truck down the street (thinking is that they didn't want to wake anyone starting the engine). He grabs a rifle and tags 'em.

No charges........

Old 07-07-2015, 09:06 AM

163 posts, read 247,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
My thoughts are it's not worth the possible trouble I could get into going out there and confronting someone with a firearm.
Where I live you would be in the wrong doing this if the firearm had to come out. A judge would think that you went out looking for a fight rather than taking another option to protect your life. I do know that maybe Texas has a "you can kill someone to protect your property" law.

IMO not worth bringing a gun out. Bad guy will see it and he will either flee or draw and someone will end up with a bullet in them. Is living with thought that you killed someone worth it for the spare change in your car?

If I were you I would think about moving to a better neighborhood when you can.

Old 07-07-2015, 10:34 AM

6,664 posts, read 30,615,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OD GUY 45 View Post
Some dude breaking into my pickup would be met with my Benelli M3 convertible semi/pump ,,,,
People look at me like I am mentally challenged when I tell them I have a M3 semi auto/pump shotgun.
Might as well claim I have a double barrel pump.

Old 07-07-2015, 10:46 AM

3,680 posts, read 2,966,099 times
Get their license plate number and hand the evidence over to the police. Real crime hurts a lot of people.

The police love hard evidence of real crime. Film of the crime with license plate number is hard evidence.

Old 07-07-2015, 12:21 PM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
People look at me like I am mentally challenged when I tell them I have a M3 semi auto/pump shotgun.
Might as well claim I have a double barrel pump.
Got one too. I like to go bang bang bang, then pump bang and watch people scratch their heads. Or the other way around is good too.

Old 07-07-2015, 01:19 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,342,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
Icy Tea - you live in a messed-up state. Here in Texas, deadly force is legal in such situations. Several years back, there was a guy that stepped out on his apartment balcony, where he saw 2 idiots pushing his truck down the street (thinking is that they didn't want to wake anyone starting the engine). He grabs a rifle and tags 'em.

No charges........
That was in South Austin, wasn't it? Shooter was no-billed & walked.

Good thing we have the Texas version of the "Castle Doctrine" which protects the homeowner from being sued by the criminal or his surviving family members.

Old 07-07-2015, 01:22 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,342,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGuy View Post
Get their license plate number and hand the evidence over to the police. Real crime hurts a lot of people.

The police love hard evidence of real crime. Film of the crime with license plate number is hard evidence.
Some big city PDs don't have the time to mess with "penny-ante" crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting