U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2015, 08:39 AM

286 posts, read 196,098 times

Advertisements

was SIZZLING on my eyelid. I swept the glasses off of my nose, have stunning myself with the pain of the nose contact. When I looked at my 1911, I had engaged the safety lever and my finger was out of the trigger guard. You CAN learn to reflexively be safe with your gunhandling. But morons on youtube, especially with Airsoft, but live guns, too, are teaching VERY bad habits to people. You do NOT point guns at your hand just so show the gun to the camera! it's not needed for the show, and it's a VERY bad habit to get into. You need to learn to be VERY averse to letting that muzzle point at ANY part of your anatomy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2015, 11:58 AM

58 posts, read 89,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonest View Post
was SIZZLING on my eyelid. I swept the glasses off of my nose, have stunning myself with the pain of the nose contact. When I looked at my 1911, I had engaged the safety lever and my finger was out of the trigger guard. You CAN learn to reflexively be safe with your gunhandling. But morons on youtube, especially with Airsoft, but live guns, too, are teaching VERY bad habits to people. You do NOT point guns at your hand just so show the gun to the camera! it's not needed for the show, and it's a VERY bad habit to get into. You need to learn to be VERY averse to letting that muzzle point at ANY part of your anatomy.
If you are getting dinged in the face or head with spent brass out of a 1911, your extractor is out of adjustment. Should be set at about 28 oz tension.

This is what I use on all my 1911s. It's a Weigand Combat extractor adjustment ***.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nnqKKWk2ig

Old 08-01-2015, 11:59 AM

LOL

CD censors the word j-i-g!

Old 08-01-2015, 12:15 PM

17,918 posts, read 9,854,361 times
Quote:
Besides making sure the extractor is properly adjusted, also wear a hat with a brim to keep cases from falling behind your glasses.

I'm not sure what you're saying about YouTube...I'll have to pay more attention to those gun videos to see your point.

Old 08-01-2015, 02:13 PM

286 posts, read 196,098 times
Yankee marshall and dozens of others are guilty of this sloppy gun-handling., altho hickok .45 or Nutnfancy rarely mess up like that. Yankee even has a smart assed video saying that "safety Nazis are wrong. Well, no we AINT. You're posting youtube vids to TEACH people, dumbass. Regardless of how "safe" you THINK your own gunhandling is, you're setting a horribly threat-prone example for other people. Yankee and others often hold the gun up to the cam with their fingers or their palms on the front of the slide, instead of holding the triggerguard or the recoil spring "tunnel".

Regardless of how much 1911 "tuning" is done, the occasional round comes back at you.

Old 08-01-2015, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Yankee marshall and dozens of others are guilty of this sloppy gun-handling., altho hickok .45 or Nutnfancy rarely mess up like that. Yankee even has a smart assed video saying that "safety Nazis are wrong. Well, no we AINT. You're posting youtube vids to TEACH people, dumbass. Regardless of how "safe" you THINK your own gunhandling is, you're setting a horribly threat-prone example for other people. Yankee and others often hold the gun up to the cam with their fingers or their palms on the front of the slide, instead of holding the triggerguard or the recoil spring "tunnel".

Regardless of how much 1911 "tuning" is done, the occasional round comes back at you.
Nutnfancy is a giant ______-!

Want to see him **** up a perfectly good GLOCK G-20 10mm?

Google it.....for starters he used Duracoat instead of the U.S. Navy SEALs approved Gun Kote to refinish it. He doesn't follow the directions and ruins the weapon and it's factory GLOCK 99.7% reliability by his modifications including a POS Lonewolf Distributors aftermarket barrel.

Set aside my sister has a stronger grip and he is owned by that 10mm!

Old 08-02-2015, 08:15 AM

2,748 posts, read 2,615,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by God Bless Texas View Post
If you are getting dinged in the face or head with spent brass out of a 1911, your extractor is out of adjustment. Should be set at about 28 oz tension.

This is what I use on all my 1911s. It's a Weigand Combat extractor adjustment ***.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nnqKKWk2ig
Interesting tool! Wilson Combat might have saved themselves a buy-back if they had used that on my pistol. As it was, they couldn't seem to figure out how to adjust the extractor. First it was erratic, then after work it caused malfunctions on feeding. That, plus the sights shooting loose and other things. Bleck.

Old 08-02-2015, 08:16 AM

2,748 posts, read 2,615,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by God Bless Texas View Post
LOL

CD censors the word j-i-g!
Why don't you just sit down and eat you some crackers while you think about the double standards in society, and how we came to be a nation full of misplaced guilt and pandering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting