Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2015, 08:17 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,941,484 times

Advertisements

A different citizen class is being created right before our very eyes.

The citizen who owns a gun or believes that it is a right to own a gun is being treated different that those who believe owning a gun is not a right.

Americans are being divided by certain elements that think it is okay to put one American against another because of gun control but scream all get out if anyone wants to deal with the root of the problem of terrorist attacks or criminality.

The argument used to be that gun control was the way to reduce homicides and other gun related violence.

Now, that argument as gone away. The new argument is that gun control is needed to stop terrorist attacks in the USA.

The difference and distinction is important. Failing to see it for what it is, is a big mistake. It isn't just a different tactic, it is one that will suck many new supporters into the fold of the movement to eliminate the rights we take for being guaranteed.

None of our rights are guaranteed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2015, 10:49 PM

23,656 posts, read 13,955,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
A different citizen class is being created right before our very eyes.
Admittedly, a similar thought occurred to me when I was shooting on Sunday.

I only shoot at silhouettes, have been doing so for years, for whatever reason it came about (if I have to shoot, it will be against another, I shoot to stop, etc).

On Sunday, however, I wondered briefly how others might see me, firing an AR rifle (most people don't know what the AR-10 is until they ask me (indeed, I've often been asked if it, if my .45 pistol, are 50 cals)) 75 yards down range to hit the paper man. Me, in dark jeans and tac shirt, using my old fashion ways of iron sights and wrap sling, recording each bout in a note book.

NORMALLY, I wouldn't think too much about what they think.....but in this "new" looking over every one's shoulder, the concern is heightened just a little.

If they thought anything unusual, other than why we are all at the range anyhow, well hopefully the standard misinterpretation still holds, that I'm some kind of cop.

Old 12-27-2015, 08:12 AM

9,885 posts, read 10,963,887 times
I am waiting for the January thaw so I can get some "range time" (in my back yard) with my Christmas reproduction Remington 1858 cap 'n' ball revolver.
and my Ruger 10-22.
and my birthday Henry .22 lever gun.
-2 is just too cold to go out and shoot!

Old 12-27-2015, 09:21 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,719,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Agree, the Garand is like driving a 427 Cobra.

The AR's are like new Vette, everybody's go one.

I've driven both and shot both.
Got a vet bring back K43 Christmas day. Ran some Yugo 8mm through it yesterday.The old K hammers 'em out like day she came off the line!

Old 12-27-2015, 09:23 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,751,262 times
I am going to miss out on the family shoot today. Someone gets to work today. Sigh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting